Big Dog Motorcycles Export Strategy

cyrilhuzeblogcanadaus

Big Dog Motorcycles just received a U.S. Department of Commerce’s Export Certificate. This certificate is for businesses that have benefited from the Department Of Commerce services to enter foreign markets. Big Dog Motorcycles started shipping motorcycles in June to its first 2 Canadian Dealers, in Montreal and Calgary and will announce 2 new Dealers very soon in Vancouver and Toronto. “Growing sales through exporting is a key strategy for the company” states Sheldon Coleman, company founder and CEO. Big Dog objective is to have in 2010 international sales represent 10 percent of all units sold. Big Dog has had several rounds of layoffs since 2007 and last week in my Blog announced a production furlough of four weeks, plus another three weeks later in the year. Big Dog Motorcycles is also pursuing exportation to Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia. It expects to have 10 European dealers by spring. Big Dog Motorcycles.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

6 Responses to “Big Dog Motorcycles Export Strategy”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Aug 26th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

GOOD SHOW GUYS! Congratulations!

Over & Out,

Jeff

2. 2 just my opinion Aug 26th, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Yes congratulation indeed. Good to see good people getting a break. Great job guys and good luck in your new markets. I am sure your bikes will do well.

3. 3 Sheridan Aug 26th, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I look forward to seeing them eventually land on our shores down here.

4. 4 Sheridan Aug 26th, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I look forward to seeing them eventually land on our shores down here.
    PS: Forgot to mention good post!

5. 5 A$$HOLE Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:57 am

A lot of time and effort has gone into achieving this. I really hope it is a turning point for BDM> I know it will take time, but with a quality product, it can only help. Their persistance, and dedication is to be comended. It shows their sense of direction, and is a good sign that they plan to be around for a while. You do not continue to throw good money after bad if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Sheldon is a sharp business man, and I am sure they will be around for a long time to come, as I have said all along. I only wish them well. I cannot wait for the rest of the world to get their hands on those bikes.

6. 6 Tony Aug 31st, 2009 at 6:21 pm