New Hot Rod Quad

My mind is juggling with words to describe this new machine. Is Quad enough to describe this wild creation made out out of a mix of carbon fiber, kevlar, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium and aluminum? Joe Skonecki is the man behind this creation but I didn’t have the opportunity to ask him what inspired him to start such a crazy project with the firm intention to produce a limited edition. I jut know for sure that it is designed and built here in the US, understand the joy and suffering during the conception and fabrication and out of respect offer him this plug in my Blog. All details in his website at Brimstone Cycles.

25 Responses to “New Hot Rod Quad”

1. 1 Dave Blevins Sep 25th, 2009 at 11:14 am

A very cool looking car… perhaps some type of body panels (like commonly seen on trikes) in the rear to give a more finished look.
    After all, there are 4 tires… no reason to seem obligated to an open motorcycle look or feel.

2. 2 nicker Sep 25th, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Certainly is an open opportunity for an exciting new product.

Problem is the Green Global Socialist movement is Hell-bent on taking away our transportation toys.

3. 3 Fausto of Sep 25th, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Now that’s custom!!

4. 4 FREDP Sep 25th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

check this sucker out! I saw this in Arizona. Build your own for under 25k or go full bore with a chevy supercharged cobalt engine for around 48K. It is crazy fast and LISTED AS A MOTORCYCLE.

5. 5 Dave Blevins Sep 25th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Any frame or vehicle builder that offers MSO/CO to certify the origin of the vehicle utilizing a valid VIN number, NHTSA states clearly that a motorcycle can have no more than 3 wheels. It seems a manfacturer (who should know this) offering legal VIN paperwork for titling this vehicle as a motorcycle is inviting a problem…
    Have the guidelines changed recently?

6. 6 RJ Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:47 am

Looks similar to Bourgets F-80 Shredder to me!

7. 7 Woody Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:01 pm

no way in hell that thing is going to stay registered as a motorcycle for long.

8. 8 bigalyts Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:44 pm

What a Cool Carcycle !

9. 9 bigalyts Sep 26th, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Sorry, I should have Anounciated the name ! It rhymes with “Popsicle” ! Carsicle !

10. 10 nicker Sep 26th, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Well, “motor cycle,” “carcycle”… whatever….. if your planning to earn your living in this transportation niche market, seems to me diversification is the name of the game.

This simply looks like one approach.
    (especially if gas get past $4 a gallon)

11. 11 David Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:58 pm

I sure would think if your going to put this kind of money and development into something like this builder did, Would surely want to have a legal marketplace for it. I does look like a outstanding design and build, but what can you actually do with it. Maybe we could have a new race class with these things. It could possibly look like something out of “The Road Warrior” or maybe a remake with Mel Gibson?

12. 12 John Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am

Lighten up tight wads, this is a toy for rich boys to blast around the beach roads on a Sunday morning. If you have got the funds you can play larger.

13. 13 nicker Sep 27th, 2009 at 3:08 pm

“… but what can you actually do with it….”

Why would the usage profile be any different than that of a street bike….???

14. 14 David Sep 27th, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Nicker The “usage profile ” would be very different because unless you use it for off road or maybe rig a carrying rack for your golf clubs it will never be able to be titled tagged and registered as a street vecihle. It has four wheels and is not a Motorcycle it is a single passenger car that does not meet the Federal or State Regulations.. I kind of look at it as a stripped down street rod or maybe a Boss Hog with four wheels.Then again he might get it passed through as a modified street rod if he had a windsheild, wipers and turn signals. Who knows?????I dont know if you have to have a body for the occupants protection or containment.Anyone know street rods regs?

15. 15 Joe Skonecki Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:53 pm

It is in a class of it’s own guys. And yes it is very possible through some states like Arizona to get it licensed. I designed and built it, because it was a dream of mine since 2000. If I can share the dream with some other people out there and make a living doing it then we all can be happy. Right!

The Brimstone rides awesome! I have crowds of people around me everywhere I go. I love sharing, and love seeing the kids at shows sit on it and get their pics taken. You should see their faces when I start the Brimstone when their sitting on it. I even let them rev it up! I will be building them with one wheel in the back for customers in states that are more restrictive.

16. 16 Joe Skonecki Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Dear David,

The Brimstone can be registered in Ohio and other states as a home build if need be.

17. 17 Joe Skonecki Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:09 pm

“Why would the usage profile be any different than that of a street bike….???”

It is exotic, unique, original, fast, tailored to the customer, made with high quality materials, an attention getter, and it handles like a totally different creature.

If you had the money, and the cuhonies why would you not want a Brimstone?

18. 18 Joe Skonecki Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:35 pm

To Mr. Huze

Thank you for your words of encouragement.
    I love your 12 strongest points philosophy.
    I only wish every builder and enthusiasts would be inspired,

19. 19 jatinder pal Sep 29th, 2009 at 12:57 am

Totally outrageous…i love it.

20. 20 Woody Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:38 am

Joe, I think it is an awesome-looking machine and if you had built it just for yourself to fulfill a dreaam I’d be behind ya 100%. To build it as a production machine is a disservice IMHO, as it doesn’t meet most State’s regs for a car and will only cause backlash eventually by the politicians not bright enough to attack real issues. I feel the same way about the Can-Am eventually ruining things for those of us with backyard trikes. As enough non-safety DOT etc approved machines (as cars) get on the roads and a few people get smooshed their will be laws passed to outlaw them and a bunch of other machines will get swept away in the aftermath. Nothing personal. I just think if ya want to sell cars then you need to make cars that can be titled as such and driven anywhere as cars instead of making another vehicle to skirt the laws as a “bike” or something. Again-it’s a VERY cool looking machine!

21. 21 nicker Sep 29th, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Dude i’m with ya on this one.
    Dream it, Build it, Live it………

The bed-wetting, sniveling Ralph Nadar wimps that will holler for legislation against anything “extreme” are always gonna be nipping at our heels.
    Our job is to Bite back.
    Pay attention…. to how ya vote, vote early, and vote often.

And never, NEVER give up.

22. 22 Woody Sep 29th, 2009 at 6:50 pm

“are always gonna be nipping at our heels”
    I hear ya nicker, but I can’t see jumping up & down screaming “pick me!” and being a target. I just happen to be concerned at what I see as a rapidly increasing trend of calling anything that won’t pass as a car…………………………………..a motorcycle. Hope I’ll have time to finish a current project of turning an old C&G CB750 into a trike with a servi-car rear. (I’m even putting the axle in the rear) wink wink

23. 23 Joe Skonecki Oct 26th, 2009 at 6:50 pm

The Brimstone is going to be featured in Hot Rod magazine Feb 2010 issue. The photo-shoot went great in Detroit with Hot Rod.

24. 24 wayne Dec 14th, 2009 at 9:16 am

it is very cool. to fight the windsheild rule you put a small windsheild on it with wipers from a bmw headlight

25. 25 Don Holland Jul 4th, 2011 at 11:21 am

After a spinal cord inj, in oct, 2010 left me paralized below the belt ive been looking for something to replace my lifelong motorcycle addiction, sure you can go get a can am or some stupid trike but I need something more,,,
    The brimi is just the thing I need to start living again .
    Joe said he can make me a bitchen wheelchair rack for it.
    As soon as my settlement comes in ill be sending Joe my deposit….. D.holland
    P.s. I love to be alone inside my helmet