Ridley Motorcycle Company At Idle Speed

RidleyModelsA few days ago, I talked over the phone to Clay Ridley Founder and President since 1995 of the Ridley Motorcycle Company, a manufacturer positioning its bikes on the market as “America’s Automatic Motorcycles”. He stated that his company is still in business but that that he gave licensing to a company called “2 Wheel Ventures” the distribution and the sales of all the existing Ridley parts & accessories.

Asking why? Clay just answered “to be able to serve actual owners of Ridley Motorcycles, in case…” Ridley doesn’t seem to prepare new models for 2010. My sources tell me that few bikes were floored to dealers in 2009 and that none seem to be in mass-production right now. Clay Ridley didn’t confirm or deny these facts when I re-contacted him by email. Jay, son of Clay Ridley just accepted to confirm  by email that he is the “2 Wheel Ventures” President. In 2009, Ridley was selling automatic transmission motorcycles ranging in price from $15,000 to $22,000. And if you ever wondered, either paid by men or women, about 55% of all the bikes previously sold were for women use. Ridley Motorcycle Company seems to be idling its business hoping, like many, for better days ahead.

50 Responses to “Ridley Motorcycle Company At Idle Speed”

1. 1 bigalyts Oct 4th, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I would get out of the RIDLEY Biz in 1995! I bet the way to make a Million Dollars in the RIDLEY Business is : Start with 2 Million and get out when you have 1 Million left. If these things were $4 G’s maybe but I heard they are 10 G’s PLUS. You gotta be on Drugs. Hey I bet the New Guy in Charge is STEVIE TYLER ! This is perfect for Him! This is Right where He should be That Duck Faced, Swollow a Hockey Puck, mother huncher……………

2. 2 Busfreak Oct 5th, 2009 at 5:33 am

I just wish them luck and hope things get better.
    I hear CHANGE is comming.

3. 3 Friend of Ridley Oct 5th, 2009 at 8:12 am

The Ridley family is a pleasure to work with and builds some quality machines whether they’re for you or not (bigsalyts- if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all, especially if it has NOTHING to do with you). They’re customers are very happy with the products and their INCREDIBLE customer service.
    I wish you guys the best!

4. 4 Alex @ DNA Oct 5th, 2009 at 8:20 am

I know Ridley hit a bump in the road like most of us have
    but I’m hoping for the best for this family owned and operated
    manufacture. Clay is a smart business man and I’m sure he’ll
    get through this just fine and when he does, be on a lookout
    for new & better automatic mahines to hit the streets.

Best of luck to the Ridley Team.

5. 5 Some of us know better Oct 5th, 2009 at 8:37 am

Though I wish every honest body the best in our struggling industry, I truly believe things come full circle.
    Regardless of customer service, I’ve seen Jay light into somebody bad mouthing their company on a blog, and so much as threatening legal action upon that person.
    Likewise, it is known by quite a few people in the industry, that there are more than a couple incidences of some shenanigans with Ridley screwing vendors.

As I said, I wish every honest body the best…karma on the other hand, is a bitch.

6. 6 Recent Ridley Rider.. Oct 5th, 2009 at 9:06 am

Their customer service has gone down the drain! They even took their blog off their website because they never answer their dang phone, or is it that they are being selective as to who they want to choose to talk to?! End of story.

7. 7 Mr. T Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:04 am

I’ve been following Ridley since 2000 when I saw them at Bike Week in Daytona. Their little machines were incredible. But the bigger models caught my eye when shifting became an issue for a friend. He bought a Ridley from Route 66 Ridley in Carthage, Missouri. My friend and I have upgraded some stuff on the Ridley at let me write, this is one of the best built bikes I’ve ever worked on. From the aircraft style nylock nuts to the rock solid design. I gotta say the Ridley has changed by perception of what an automatic ride can be. If they would have only had a larger engine I would have owned one. There is hope for that because I saw a clip on Youtube of a Ridley with a big engine doing a sweet burn out…. I’m with Alex@DNA I think we’ve only seen the a taste of what Ridley’s can do. I want to see more.

8. 8 Mike Corbin Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:51 am

I think the entire World hit an economic bump in the road…
    I watched thr Ridley people at the shows and found them to be wonderful product champions, an attribute to our beloved industry..
    The economy will come back, that will take time…
    The “Masters of the Art” will be here to reclaim the best of times..

9. 9 bigalyts Oct 5th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Are you out of your Fricken Mind? Best Built Bike, Best in Customer Service. Do you realize HOW Burried you are, in those Mini-Bikes? I think of “Popular Mechanics”Magaine back in the Day, everytime I see one of those “FOX”Mini Bikes! Remember them? I think they saw a minor Gap in the Market back when Money came to most a little easier. They said There are some wealthy Clients out there that they created a MotorCycle for their Wife’s to Ride, because their Husbands wanted to ride SoLO. Everyone knows once a Lady got Her Own She is not going to Ride Bitch anymore! Now these Husbands that want to Ride and get some “STRANGE” can go ride with their Old Lady’s blessings, cause they don’t feellike RIDLEYING IT ! I feel Bad for all you VENDORS out there loosing another, Manufacturer, eh Mike!

10. 10 Brute Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:17 pm

No surprise here. All manufacturers have a tough time. I think that Ridley niche market narrowed to very, very thin because if men have financial difficulties, evidently they are not goin to buy a motorcycle for their wives or girlfriends,…

11. 11 Recent Ridley Rider.. Oct 5th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

From what it sounds like, they haven’t produced anything because Honda is coming out with a new Automatic at less than half the price and faster. Can’t beat a Honda. Clay and Jay should really speak up on here. We know they read the Blog. Plus a southern midwest dealer told us that it’s Jay Ridley’s wife that owns two wheel ventures. I wonder why they are switching stuff around so much lately. I wonder what troubles they are trying to avoid.

12. 12 Todd8080 Oct 5th, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Wow, tough crowd.

Like Mr. T, I first saw Ridleys on Beach Street in Daytona a decade ago and thought they were cute little bikes that filled a need for a segment of the riding population who like Harley styling but may lack shifting skills (or ability).

It’s bad for all of us when any American company founders.

13. 13 Some of us know better Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:27 am

Recent Ridley Rider…
    I was at a dealer the other day and asked how the product moved…said 3 units this year.
    Unfortunately, their nitch is about gone, especially at that price. As far as your last line…it’s not above anybody in a downward spiral to flail their “parts” in all directions to save themselves.

14. 14 Mr. T Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:53 am

Recent Ridley Rider,

You seem to know so much about Ridley for someone who is obviously not a fan. Why waste so much time writing about the Ridley? BTW, I called the Ridley Parts company about the blog and asked about the rumors being spread in here and the response I got was that the move to outsource the parts sales was in an effort to better serve the customers and generate cash for the company. The lady I spoke with said there are somewhere around 5k Ridley owners. If that’s true Ridley’s built a lot more than I thought the had.

If Ridley does go out of business it would be a good thing there is a parts company supporting the Ridleys. My friend who owns a Ridley hasn’t needed any real parts for repairs but as he is currently at 50,000 I bet he will need some soon.

BTW- I looked for a Ridley seat on the Corbin website and didn’t see one. Does Corbin offer a Ridley seat or were the originals from Corbin?

15. 15 Recent Ridley Rider.. Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Mr T.,

I sold my Ridley earlier this year (Thank God I did!)
    The dealership I got it from did not want to honor the warranty because he said Ridley would not honor the warranty to him. The Dealer told me they were going out of business. He said that the only people working at Ridley right now are Jay, Clay, and Valerie. From what I’m told, Valerie is Clay’s daughter in law. So I called the factory directly. Got an answering machine with a phone system that sounded like some satalite telephone system. Plus you have to say your name before they even answer your call. Why Should a person need to say their name before they answer your call? Who are they trying to avoid? Why do they need a name first? Did that 3 or 4 times and never got an answer back. I needed to order parts for my bike through the dealer and now I can’t even ride it because THEY DON’T HAVE A NORMAL ANSWERING SERVICE. I called another dealer, and he told me the same thing, he said they don’t answer his calls either. Currently there are 3 people working at Ridley it seems. All other are GONE.

16. 16 Mr. T Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:46 am

What you’re saying doesn’t make sense. You sold you’re Ridley earlier this year, but now you’re trying to buy parts. Wow. I got through their phone system by leaving my name. Though the call wasn’t answered, they did call back 3 minutes after leaving the meassage. In any case, you might try them again or call a different dealer.

17. 17 Some of us know better Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Mr. T,
    Great to see you fighting with somebody over the credibility of their story, however, you may have been getting better service AFTER they checked your name and message.
    Notice they’re not saying a word on here? They’re also not selling motorcycles, nor their extremely over priced Whizzer wannabe.
    They are sending folks to a parts supplier for replacement parts, which is at the least, courteous.

They’re not answering their phones, likely for fear inability to service their customers appropriately…displace it and put it on the “parts company”. Maybe he doesn’t want to have to answer to the banks or investors….who knows?
    If Jay’s wife is the Pres. of the other company, maybe there are some shenanigans going on that would allow them to facilitate some opportunity to continue business by selling out the name, product, parts, and support to somebody else as a licensing agreement.
    This allows somebody to still push product if the company fails.

And be certain, I’m VERY clear as to the state of their company, simply because I know a couple different people in the industry who have been SCREWED for payment by them in the tens of thousands of dollars.
    They went from 400+ bikes per year in 2007 down to next to nil this year.

Things are tough all over. You need to quit worrying about the credibility of a guy who may have been a Ridley owner. If Ridley failed, they failed. Iron Horse, Big Dog…much bigger companies have failed, or are having a hell of a time of it. Part of the mess everybody’s in.

Automatic bikes are glorified scooters. Ridley makes a pretty bike, but who the hell would pay that kind of money right now. I’d rather teach the wife to use a clutch and buy her a used softail than pay $15-22K for a big scooter. Hell, I can buy a brand new metric for even less than that..with more power.

Maybe you can leave the Ridleys a message to be honest with folks on this blog…seems like they may want to add their .02.

18. 18 Derek Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

To everyone on this blog,

First let me say I hate blogs. To much junk, gripping, and improper info. Like anything this blog is here to make money. A customer thinks I should comment. I will do so only once then leave it at that.

We are the oldest Ridley dealership in the country. We have new and used Ridleys. The are priced according to the equipment and quality put into each one. Our customers love them and keep them. We service them and get parts. Any dealer worth their salt is doing the same thing. Dealers who have not sold them well or blame all service problems on the factory are simply poor dealers. When you have a problem with a Harley, Honda, Chevrolet, Ford, etc you take it to a dealer. You don’t even have the choice of calling the factory for support. A GOOD dealer will know their product, and how to service it. We at this dealership do not want anyone contacting the factory direct. We WANT your business. This is as it should be. In fact I hope the factory does not lower themselves to respond. They have better things to do.

I will end by saying if you want a Ridley motorcycle, a Ridley part, or Ridley service contact me at Route 66 Ridley. We are on the web. We have enjoyed selling them for 8 years and will continue to do so. Our customers love them and are thankful for the option of the automatic, not to mention the great sound and show trophies that each has collected. Several could not ride anything else. Their particular health issues or abilities make this the right bike, period. We provide a great bike at a great price and we service what we sell. End of story.

19. 19 Some of us know better Oct 6th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Touche’ Derek…however…Ridley has always touted the “Ridley family” and if they cannot give any support of their product personally, then what family do you have? Likewise…they would not be “lowering” themselves…and judging from the current sales, they do not have anything better to do.
    I do truly appreciate your comments however, and give you respect for standing behind your product. Not too many will do that in this industry.

20. 20 Bronco Bob Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:59 pm

This exchange of banter is exhausting and pointless. My wife rides a Ridley. And she is damn proud of it. I work at the H-D plant in York which justifies me to write that dispite being a die hard Harley man, the Ridley definitely has it’s place in motorcycling. The bike is a hand build piece of art that was the best option for my wife. After seeing this blog I contacted my Ridley dealer who told me that Ridley was still alive and well. I phoned Ridley and got right through. All of this is bogus.

21. 21 Tell the Truth Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:21 am

I wonder what happened to the Ridley Trike? There was a guy who built 2 Ridley Trikes, even before Ridley did. USTRIKES.COM Sent one off to Michigan, and the other who knows where. This Ridley Trike was then sold to a Minnesota Dealer. Minnesota Dealer sold it to a customer which she absolutely loves. Good working trike, with automatic push siwtch reverse. Real simple. Are they great bikes? Yes. Over priced? Yes. But their trike was a disaster. From the resources I have, I was able to find out that every Ridley Trike built was sent back to the factory. And there they sit. Ridley’s failed “X88” also sits at the factory. 3 or 4 of them. The kick stand was faulty, (push button automatic kickstand)broke during a new york show and had to be put on 4×4’s to keep the bike up. The new york dealer sent his 07’s and 08’s back to the factory earlier this year in January. Got out of the business. Jay Ridley himself, made the Ridley factory lose a few dealers with his arrogance. In their prime they had about 60 dealers, now their numbers dwindle in the 30’s if THAT, but even so, no one is buying. Currently, no one is working at the factory other than Clay. They have mentioned that they have sold their parts division to TWO WHEEL VENTURES, but two wheel ventures is “owned and or operated” by Jay Ridley’s wife, and now suddenly Jay Ridley is the President of Two Wheel Ventures? The riders forum was taken off their website. Horrible new answering system. I agree, the fact that they have choice on who they can and won’t return phone calls to is Bogus! No one ever said a Ridley motorcycle wasn’t a good bike. It IS. Sadley, all these things mentioned here are clues as to how the comapny is really doing. I agree with SOME OF US KNOW BETTER. If they have nothing else to do right now, other than maybe trying to save their own company, then why NOT respond and give a REAL detailed status of how they are REALLY doing. Wouldn’t hurt to hear from the “President” of Ridley himself, right? Where are you Clay? And why not give a nice positive speech as to how great Ridley is doing during hard times.

22. 22 bigalyts Oct 7th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

DEREK, Put that in your Over Priced Mini-Bike and make it dissapear, but make sure it is Insured. The Highest Buyer for these $5,000 Motorcycles that are Hooooooowwwwww Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmuch $20,000 Plus Bikes.are the Insurance Companies . How do you sleep at night? You are putting more Screws in your Customers, than Old Man Ridley put in his Bikes! SCALPING Those Good Old American Salt of the Earth “CLIENTS” ? This is where Buyer’s Remorse comes from! You know Derek, that’s why I love Cyrill and His Blog, cause that’s where People get to find out the “Truth”. You Made all those Ridley Customers NON REAL BIG TWIN BUYER’s and took them away from possibly Buying a REAL BIKE someday!

23. 23 Tell the Truth Oct 7th, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Hey now! Don’t be so harsh BIG. They ARE good bikes, but only good. And they do offer someone an opportunity to ride that can’t get the shifting down. The company is having troubles, and if they don’t want to admit it, thats fine, but their customer service currently is two thumbs down. They don’t even have a lot of parts for the little bikes anymore. We’ll see what happens in 2010. It wouldn’t surprise me next that they take down more things on their website. You could almost blame the downfall of Ridley Motorcycles on the arrogant silver spoon fed son of Clay Ridley.

24. 24 Art Welch Oct 7th, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Ouch! I guess I wouldn’t be able to disagree with that last sentence… if they are buying them back from the new york dealer this year and they are 2007’s and 2008’s.. I wonder why they don’t want to buy back mine.. at least they could make their money back on them…. but as Ridley did play favorites always loving to use the phrase “we reserve the right” and blah blah blah, I suppose Favoritism is something they reserve the right to do as well.. Does anyone wanna buy any of mine at cost? I still have four 2007’s and one 2008. Please give me a call at 651-765-9988. If Ridley won’t buy them back and follow MN state distributor laws or just buy them back like they bought them back from the new york dealer.. At least i could give someone out there a great deal! 651-765-9988 Please drop me a line if anyone wants them at cost.. Come get’em while they’re cheap!

Art Welch

25. 25 FREDP Oct 8th, 2009 at 9:53 am

Art, I miss your old days of bantering with Titan!!!!

26. 26 They are my neighbor Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:04 am

I work at a company across the street from Ridley’s plant in Okla. City. They have a sign out front and an ad in the local paper listing positions they are hiring. 3 techs, 2 office staff, and a marketing manager. The Ridley’s are great people who are in over their heads. I cant imagine starting a car/motorcycle manufacturing company. I doubt any of you on the hater side have ever done anything like that. BTW-I heard Harley settled their big lawsuit with Ridley a week or two ago. Looks like Clay is driving a new car. Must have been a big win!

27. 27 Ken Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:09 am

“They Are My Neighbor”. You got it backward. It was Harley suing Ridley. Settled to the advantage of Harley.

28. 28 Art Welch Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:36 am

Ken.. you are correct… it was Harley Suing Ridley.

Fred! where are ya my old amigo?? What ya doing these days? Call me!

29. 29 Bobby V Oct 13th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Art Welch- you’re an idiot. H-D sued Ridley and H-D settled with Ridley by buying the AutoGlide name. Get your facts straight before putting any more of your obnoxious comments on Cyrils site. Has anyone else noticed all this guy wants to do is stir up trouble? Check out his post on the new Mustang release from Pro-One or the old Titan/Donn Proudfoot blogs. Art, you need to get a life. No one cares about your negative comments.

30. 30 Mr. T Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:39 pm

I saw the Art Welch comments on Cyrils blog today. You are right he was the first cooment and slammed ridley on a model they don’t make anymore. Maybe he should change his user name to Mr Negative. BTW- where did you read about the h-d/ridley details?

31. 31 Some of us know better Oct 14th, 2009 at 9:59 pm

From Jay himself…and I agree..he probably caused a lot of it, but Clay’s quite full of himself as well. No slam to the product, or his achievement, but his business dealings are lacking…karma kids. Please see below…great way to treat your customers complaints on the ripoff reports:

Jay
    Oklahoma City
    U.S.A.

MISLEADING COMPLAINT
    MJ’s original complaint is misleading and contains false or wildly exaggerated information. For this reason, Ridley has decided to give MJ the option of deleting this report and filing an accurate report. If she chooses not to revise her statements, we will be forced to take action against MJ.

When used properly, this site is one method to not only educate other potential customers but to help alert companies of area that need correction. We did take notice of MJ’s comments and have addressed the issues that were accurate. It is troubling to me, that someone would attempt to use this site to mislead the public.

We kindly ask MJ to revise her earlier statements with information that is accurate.

Jay Ridley
    Ridley Motorcycle Co.
    (405) 525-5400

32. 32 Devine Miss M Oct 15th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

To some of us know better, and all you nay sayers. Just got my monthly update newsletter from Ridley and it appears that all you think or believe is doggie dudu. Even made a call for a service question and got right through. Love my bike. Have had it for four years and absolutely love it. In case your wondering it is a 2005 Ridley Autoglide Classic Limited Edition signed by both Clay and Jay at last years owners Club rally. It is a full size real motorcycle that draws a crowd and wins trophies. Saw Clay again at this years Bikes Blues and BBQ at the factory display in September. He sat right down and changed my oil himself. My experience has been great from day one. If you want to keep posting all negative and naming names, why don’t you post your real name and phone number? My papy always said put up or shut up!!!

33. 33 Bobby V & Mr T Oct 16th, 2009 at 8:29 am

We are morons, we don’t know what we are talking about. We apologize for our uneducated comments.

34. 34 Mr. T Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:29 am

Arturo- please use your own name to write posts. You are confusing everyone. I think your posting under my name and “Bobby V” is very obvious. I think Cyril should do a story on you and how you told your mechanics to “round up the labor” on services performed in your shop. One of your previous department managers told me that. Cyril, please email me if you want to follow up on “Hard times equal shady times for Twin City Custom Cycles”.

35. 35 Art Welch Oct 20th, 2009 at 1:18 am

Boy! it’s a good thing you don’t really do your research! *wipes brow* Phew! I agree with the guy that wrote above your name.. you really ARE uneducated. Never even had a dept manager up unitil this last Feb. Ding dong.

36. 36 Use to Shop @ TCCC Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Mr. Welch, I was told the same from one of your previous mechanics.

37. 37 Art Welch Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:23 pm

A disgruntled mechanic that will say what they will when they get fired =o)

Don’t be afraid to use your real names now.. ya hear? I highly doubt you’re even in the same state.

38. 38 Previous TCCC Customer Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Don’t let them push you around like that Art. At least your REAL customers know your a hard working little guy. We appreciate your hard work and your honesty. Ride on Brudduh! And get rid of them troublesome Ridley’s! They’re gonna sink ya!

39. 39 Some of us know better Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Okay Devine Miss M…
    the reason I know what I’m speaking of is that I am personally involved with somebody who has been screwed by your fantastic friends…I can’t disclose the name for legal reasons, simple as that. Just be clear…Ridley has yet to jump on here and defend themselves…if they could, don’t you think they would?

40. 40 Some of us know better Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:05 pm

And another thing…I’d make them clean their signatures off the bike…though it may have been disappearing ink!

41. 41 Art Welch Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:05 am

Thanks “Previous”, I’m not too worried about it.. it’s probably the Ridley’s using fake names anyway, and even if it wasn’t them, we were the least expensive motorcycle shop in labor rate in the area, so even if it was true, we’d still be less than everyone else, even if we did round up. People came to us because we did good work, but I still never had a service manager when we were TCCC, so MR T is blowing smoke out of his ass. I pity THAT fool.

42. 42 scuter Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:46 am

Ok I have to say I am concerned and disappointed. When I first saw a Ridley Trike I was so excited…even have a pic of it as my phone screensaver of my dream bike soon as I can afford to buy. I really wanted an auto trike and no one else had something that looked so good..and now I feel cheated because I am afraid the company will fold up or at least if I did buy one I would have trouble with parts and gettin it serviced.
    This really stinks big time.

43. 43 Betty Sweng Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I have a ridley trike and love it. Scuter-don’t make the same mistake I did for so long. A friend told me to get a sporty instead of a ridley. Well I did and it was a big piece of junk. I traded the Harley for a ridley trike at The ridley dealer in Frederick Maryland last year. Now I ride my trike almost everyday to work. I’ve put 9800 miles on it this year. That’s about twice what I put on my car this year. As a 67 years young lady, I found the trike to be the best option for me. I ride all the time and have rediscovered my youth because of the ridley. I buy all my maintenence parts from the local dealer who has never had trouble getting them from ridley. My advice- you only like once. Don’t let these guys on this chat room hold you back from living your dream. And to you guys trying to out prove the other, I have to say what my granny always told me, “you never make your flame brighter by trying to blow out someone elses”. And to the ridley boys, don’t stop doing what you’re doing. You have made a dream of mine come true. I hope everything you dream of comes true too.

44. 44 scuter Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

I live on the east coast of florida, if i were to buy a ridley trike are there places where i can get the trike worked on and would they be able to get parts easy?

45. 45 Betty Sweng Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Scuter,

you should go to ridley site and ask there or you can find Ridley on facebook. There are lots of ridley owners there.

46. 46 Ken Tomas Nov 24th, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Hey Clay Ridley
    Bro make a bike that has some size to it like a 1000cc and stop putting women in all of your advertisments of the bikes. Most motorcyclist are males and you cant build a company based upon female rider sales. Let’s face it to ride a motorcycle is a macho thing to do, even when a woman rides a bike it is for Machismo, not Feminismo. Make a 1000cc bike and save your company for Heavens sake.

Ken Tomas

47. 47 scuter Dec 1st, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Hey Ken, tell 99% of marketing people how women in ads don’t sell.

48. 48 Just my opinion of RIDLEY Jan 5th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

And so it goes…to all you pinheads giving a resounding “Ridley’s doing great…my bike’s great, their customer service is great, and especially the “Clay was driving a new car…must have been a big win”…

Bunch of yahoos on this blog sometimes whose .02 isn’t worth a half a cent. Maybe next time you’ll listen to people that know the inside news a bit better.

49. 49 Insider Jan 5th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

JMO- I have read many of your comments and don’t see any “inside news” that would make me “listen” to what your opinion is. What exactly and how do you know anything about Ridley?

50. 50 Nothing Better to Do Jan 5th, 2010 at 10:30 pm

It seems as though Just my opinion of RIDLEY is a little jelous of Ridley. I read through the links you sent, did a little more reading of the court docs and found that everything had nearly come full circle. If Harley-Davidson sued Ridley for the name and Ridley followed it all the way to and through court and if both companies were waiting on the Judge to make a ruling, why would it be a bad thing that Ridley accepted a settlement from Harley. I can’t imaging Ridley offering Harley to settle after paying to take the fight all the way through trial. Doesn’t seem logical for it to be a bad thing for Ridley.