Fast Motorcycle Industry News

fastnewscyrilhuzeblog11[1]Love Ride 26, slated for October 25, has been canceled. The announcement was made by Love Ride founder Oliver Shokouh, who cited the weak economy as the reason for the event’s cancellation. In place of the usual event, Glendale Harley, Home of the Love Ride, is sponsoring an autograph session with Peter Fonda and free movie screening, commemorating the 40th Anniversary of Fonda’s starring role in “Easy Rider.” The event will take place at the dealership (3717 San Fernando Rd. in Glendale) Friday, October 23rd from 4-10pm.

So much for all those who one year ago didn’t believe that it was possible to restore the Indian brand. Indian Motorcycle just opened a new dealership in Calgary, Canada  Opening soon: Chicago, Dallas, Daytona, Fargo, Midland, Toronto & Los Angeles. Viper Motorcycle Company (OTCBB: VPWS) is proud to announce Thunder Cycle as its newest dealer. Terry Nesbitt, President of Viper Motorcycle Company comments that “The Viper dealer network is growing at a rapid pace which will ensure our ability to meet and exceed 2009 goals. We have a one-of-a-kind dealer network with the best dealers in the business. We have a backlog of orders and 2010 models will begin shipping soon”.

7 Responses to “Fast Motorcycle Industry News”

1. 1 bigalyts Oct 10th, 2009 at 6:58 am

Aient that Great ! People really LOVE this event and really come and wait for this Ride/ Event every Year! The real Deal is that OLIVER SHOKOUH won’t Profit, like he has in the Past. He won’t SCORE like he has done in Every Year previously. You SUCK, OLLIE. Pull out your Savings from the previous years, and Go FORWARD, who knows maybe Jay will Still Show. He is going to have a bunch of extra time on His Schedule Book.,cause they are going to Cancil His Show.

2. 2 Sheriff Oct 10th, 2009 at 11:52 am

I bought my first Harley from Oliver in 1982, and he still treats me good while in LA!
    How many dealers do that after 27 years?

3. 3 1550tc Oct 10th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

bigalyts

Tell US how you really feel about the guy lol, dont hold back dude 🙂

Ive been to a couple and i liked the whole event, to me it wasn’t much of a ride,
    BUT hey its LA so its 10% substance 90% BS

LAME excuse if u ask me for cancelling……….. Especially in a market that big and its basically a free ride and u burn what 5-10$ of gas like i did, to ride up to that pond north of LA.

The vendor area out at Pomona was real good, same with the Peterson event, food was great and i thought they did a great job hosting the event at all their venues!! I was going to go back but it’s not happening in Nov or never now 

4. 4 Dale Oct 11th, 2009 at 8:30 am

I’m not from SOCal but the annual charity rides that I typically participate in seem to be as well attended as prior years so I don’t understand why the Love Ride organizer would cancel. Even if there were fewer people isn’t something better than nothing?!

5. 5 bigalyts Oct 11th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

i know everybody has been hit, just some worse then others. I hate when People only do when it is profitable to them. What this means is that He won’t make a Big Score, like usuall. Listen, I know its all about Dollars and Cents. If you can’t make enough Dollars, It makes no Fuckin Cents.!<?@#$%^

6. 6 Me.... Oct 12th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I live here in LA and have gone to quite a few of these over-priced events – What is upsetting to me about the cancellation is if you’ve pre-paid your ticked you will NOT be getting a refund – but – you CAN get a pin and t-shirt…There is no ride, why would we want a pin and t-shirt to watch a movie? Also- on the cancellation notice e-mial I received that not only will you not be getting your pre-paid $$ back – the $$ will NOT be going to a charity AND there is a link to donate more $$…..Count me out of any further (if it ever comes back) Greed Rides..oops, I mean Love Rides…whatta bunch of crap.

Me

7. 7 Pepper Oct 12th, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Sad news. I attended every year when I lived in LA and enjoyed it. It was a first-class, professional event.
    The Love Ride raised an incredible amount of money for a worthy cause. I wish Oliver and his team the best and hope to see them up and running strong in the near future.

Crusher