New Ducati Hypermotard 796. Under $10,000?

ducatihypermotard796The latest Ducati street machine will be in dealerships in November. And it seems that it will be priced under $10,000 USD. Not bad for a model of Italian engineering able to keep up with the rest of the pack thanks to a 82 horsepower engine producing 55.7 ft-pounds of torque to move a lightweight 368 pounds motorcycle. The ad campaign slogan is clear “Hypermotard 796. The New Way To Go Hyper”. And yes, you know who is going to rush to a Ducati dealer. The less than 25-year old crowd….Sportsbike heredity, minimalist and affordable is all what they want. Ducati will market it as the “perfect urban assault vehicle” and it’s exactly the way our youth wants to go. Hello Harley! Ducati Hypermotard 796

12 Responses to “New Ducati Hypermotard 796. Under $10,000?”

1. 1 Jim C Oct 14th, 2009 at 7:45 am

I like it. The bike flows and has the image they are going for. I would think they are going to sell a lot of them. The more I look at the bike,the more I like it. No sure how it will feel when sitting on the bike but I don’t ride that type of bike anyway.

2. 2 choppertom Oct 14th, 2009 at 8:51 am

“Hypermotard” LMAO

does that give the rider a handle?
    that will bring out all kinds of slurrs…….

3. 3 1550tc Oct 14th, 2009 at 9:41 am

Looks like 800 is the magic number over on that side of the industry and racing. I am just curious if they are going to have 450 and 800 racing classes in super motard soon? That’s a lot of motor for a super moto course that they run 450cc bikes on.

4. 4 Todd8080 Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:12 am

So is it better to be a hypermotard than a super motard? Do you need a special helmet?

5. 5 Pitbull Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:17 am

Supermoto hypermotard, it’s a sweet looking bike. Hypermotard is a word that comes from Europe, hence which turns into Supermoto. Rip it.

6. 6 J Oct 14th, 2009 at 11:30 am

Any Ducati that I can ride without having my knee caps in my eye sockets is interesting to me……

7. 7 Lyndelski Oct 14th, 2009 at 11:37 am

Wonder if it is as high maintance as the others good looking machine Harley should take some notes

8. 8 Ben Oct 14th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I test rode the Hypermotard. It’s amazingly fun, powerful, precise and it brakes on a dime. Position puts you over the engine so it feels a bit weird to some, but if you ever rode a dirt bike you will feel at home.

9. 9 Fred X1 Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:37 pm

gorgeous. when is buell going to get a clue. this is the bike they should be building. could have built. buell abandoned a perfectly good tubular chassis for that ridiculous, impossible to fix if biffed fuel-in-frame xb series. plain, dumb old trellis frame looks like it works just fine here.

10. 10 Fluke Oct 15th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Fred X1, Buell is now closed down for good, so don’t hold your breath.

This Ducati wll be a seriously good seller.

11. 11 jatinder pal Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:54 am

Not my style…

12. 12 Bigalyts Oct 16th, 2009 at 5:12 pm

That was what Buell was suppose to partially be ! These Kids want Speed and Agility and they can get that in at leasy 4 Bikes that weigh less, go way Faster, got more Horsepower and probably handle better. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, and Yamaha 600’s, and they are $2-$3,000 less! It’s hard to beat those Nips.!

Crusher