Best Time Ever To Turn Your Buell Into A Chopper

buellcustomEasy bet: In 2010 you are going to see lots and lots of custom bikes built on a Buell base. Several reasons for  this. 1- Builders and smart individuals are rushing to take advantage of one in a lifetime bargain on the remaining 08 and 09 zero miles models 2- Buells have always been excellent bikes to start riding and building a project for a very reasonable budget.

And now, more than ever! For example if you want to build a bare bone Chopper with an American soul, Buell is the perfect donor bike for such a project. Many builders are doing it since years and carry the right parts for it. Bare Knuckle Choppers was the 1st shop not to forget to remind me that they have developed a whole array of products to assist you in converting your stock Buell into a very cool ride. Of course, they also have the expertise to complete your “it was a Buell” project. So, if you don’t have a Buell, get one. When and if you have already one, give it the complete custom treatment. The custom motorcycle landscape will look a little bit better. Bare Knuckle Choppers. 636-745-3316.

13 Responses to “Best Time Ever To Turn Your Buell Into A Chopper”

1. 1 Steve Carr Oct 28th, 2009 at 7:41 am

We love the Buell conversions, they are fast and fun to ride, and can be made to look as good as any other bike out there, plus blow the doors off of most of the others as well!

Steve Carr

2. 2 BadMonkeyMW Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:31 am

Paul and the guys at Bareknuckle built one of my favorite custom chops of the last few years using an XB engine. ‘Helena Handbasket’ was the name and it was awesome and Paul told me it was fairly cheap to build as well.

3. 3 Brandon Oct 28th, 2009 at 9:29 am

Hey cyril. With your article on the Buell discount and this one you must have helped Harley sell quite a few Buells. Hope that Harley send you a big check! Ha, ha.

4. 4 4Cammer Oct 28th, 2009 at 11:39 am

Buells turned into choppers. And I thought it could not get any more sad…

5. 5 Brian D Oct 28th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Paul & Rad build solid bikes.

6. 6 Rex Oct 28th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

It is a shame to destroy these classic bikes, but if I was going to have one, it would be a buell. I would rather build a bobber. Just save the s2 models. These are truly classics. Thanks

7. 7 Roadside Marty Oct 28th, 2009 at 4:24 pm

For those who don’t understand that NOTHING is sacred in the world of choppers, I have to say I can totally dig a stock Buell with some performance tweaking just as much as I can admire a chopped Buell like Helena Handbasket from BKC! Opposite ends of the spectrum from a great platform! Roadside

8. 8 1550tc Oct 28th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

these buels are good for donor bikes for a nice redneck or custom build, for 4-5k a used busa can pull one these sporty engined buels and still PUT DOWN A hi 10’s ET ……..LOL 🙂

9. 9 Steve Carr Oct 29th, 2009 at 1:54 am

“these buels are good for donor bikes for a nice redneck or custom build, for 4-5k a used busa can pull one these sporty engined buels and still PUT DOWN A hi 10’s ET ……..LOL ”

Great insight Captain Obvious….aka 1550tc

Now I know all I need to know about used Busa’s and the cost of such a sweet ride and the awsome performance value they offer, never knew just how fast and cheap that bike was until now.

Thanks for this valuable information.

By the way, what is so funny about the fact that a Hyabusa will out run a Buell in the 1/4 mile, is it as funny as a Corvette ZR1 racing a Stock Mustang? Lets all laugh together because one that we all know to be faster can beat one we all know to be slower.

“Hey, my 57 Chevy with a 502 just blew away a pinto at the last stop light,…………LOL”

10. 10 Woody Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:35 am

And it was OK to strut when the Buell bike beat a bunch of 600’s? Nuff said for tha. I think this is a great opportunity for a chopper base, as Cyril noted. You get a complete, running, donor bike-with all electronics, brakes, etc. All for what you might have paid for a motor………………SWEET!!

11. 11 Woody Oct 29th, 2009 at 7:37 am

oh yeah, congrats on the Thunder Beach showing Great looking bike!!!

12. 12 ATLAS PRECISION Oct 29th, 2009 at 9:55 am

Atlas has been doing Buell conversions to our Rigid Chassis or our Softail Chassis for years. They are a great way to get someone started on a bike and make it look any style they want, with a reasonable price

13. 13 Long time Busa rider Jun 10th, 2010 at 9:17 am

Woody,

FYI, Buell raced not just 600’s in 09. There where plenty of Aprilia 1000’s as well as Ducati 848’s in that bunch. Only the 600 riders were bitching. Now the Buell 1125 is in AMA WSB racing with the big boys, and with a mediocre rider placing in the top ten on average. So that blows that whole Daytona class BS debate. 600’s brake better, are lighter and have less tire wear. Figure it out.

Also I own a Buell 1125 with only a stage one setup + ECM flash; I consistently run in the mid 10’s out here in Illinois. With an extended swingarm and an airshifter I can give that Busa a run for its money and I only paid $5700 bucks for this bike bran new.

Guy in Britan is runing mid nines on his 1125R (pro stock). Should look it up sometime. Maybe someday people will quit slaming Buells. See you in the corners – pulling that slug through with a rope.

Crusher