Indian Larry. 1949-2004. A Commemorative Issue.

indianlarry1indianlarrybisAll custom motorcycle builders, including myself, remember very well the minute they receive the news that Indian Larry was killed. It has been 5 years since he left the custom motorcycle scene, but his mark and influence will remain forever on our Chopper Culture. Indian Larry’s life story is unique. So was his personality and the bikes he built in his Brooklyn, NY shop. For the fith year anniversary of his death, Cycle Source Magazine and  Indian Larry Motorcycles have joined forces to release a commemorative print issue to be released in January 2010.

In it, never seen before pictures shot by New York photographer Clay Patrick McBride and a 16.5” x 21.5” full color pull-out poster of the man himself. This special edition takes a look at some of Larry’s most notable builds with commentary from friends who share what his life was like. A special section titled “The Coney Island Days” revisit one of Larry’s deepest passions, living around Coney Island and the sideshow lifestyle that went with it…A chapter is also dedicated to the whole cast of characters working with him, from Bobby to Elisa to Paul Cox and Keino and gives you an update on the “Chopper Shaman’s Family”. Distribution on the newsstand will be very limited to the best resellers, but you can reserve your issue right now ($6.99) by going to Cycle Source Magazine (pictures by Bobby Seeger)

15 Responses to “Indian Larry. 1949-2004. A Commemorative Issue.”

1. 1 Jim C Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:47 am

He was a true artist and belongs in the Hall of Fame. His work influenced many,many builders and it continues to influence. Peace

2. 2 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian Motorcycles Nov 5th, 2009 at 9:38 am

Larry was the real deal, an original who still influences many today. Congrats to Cycle Source Mag for still recognizing him years later and bringing out a collectors edition of some new material. Indian Larry, an original. RIP mate

3. 3 A$$HOLE Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:35 am

It hardly seems like it has been that long. RIP Larry. I guess time flies, when you are wrapped up in your own life.

4. 4 Jeff Nicklus Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:53 am

I was in Concord the day Larry went down …. it was a very tough weekend for all. Larry was a great guy and we all miss him. Thanks in advance for the commemorative book Chris.

Over & Out,

Jeff

5. 5 gustian Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Always liked the style of his creations.

Still have the broadcast of the Biker-Build-off, shown on Discovery Channel, when this tragical accident happend.
    Good to see, he lives on in so many hearts.

I just ordered my issue, looking forward to have it !

Peace Gustian

6. 6 Gina Woods Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Right on Chris! Will be a memorable issue…aren’t they all?

7. 7 1550tc Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Chris.

Nice magazine and it was long over due…….my friend still has her autographed $5 from daytona in 04…….. “The Coney Island Days” now that is american folklore and one place id like to visit one day.

Chris like i told you in sturgis get a pod cast up on i tunes, love to hear your views and opionions……..even if its just once a month podcast, get something up itunes ASAP

8. 8 Chopper Kid Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Super Cool, glad to see it, Indian Larry was a true original! Not only is he an influential person with the custom bikes he built but with life philosophies as well. I know Indian Larry has been a great reality check for my personal life.

Thanks for everything
    Never Forgotten
    And thanks to all his close friends for sharing his life with us.

9. 9 jatinder pal Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:16 am

Truly a genius,rebel,artist…whatever u say…he was truly one.love to have one of these…RIP larry…u r missed.

10. 10 Sheriff Nov 6th, 2009 at 7:15 am

it´s all about the money

11. 11 Karend6656 Nov 6th, 2009 at 8:57 am

Can’t believe it’s been 5 years I remember the day, I was on the phone with Big Chris, He was there, all I can say is rest in Peace Larry you will never be forgotten.

12. 12 Gina Woods Nov 6th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

1550tc-

Chris is a featured segment host on Open Road Radio each Thursday 6-8 pm CDT on powerupchannel.com. click on Open Road Radio to hear live/archived…..He hosts a segment called “Generation Next” ….it rocks!

13. 13 Roadside Marty Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:59 pm

I have to give Chris alot of credit because he has created one helluva tribute to a true legend as only he could!! Can’t wait to get my issue..hey Gina hope your doing well you sexy thang and by the way what’s up with giving Chris his own time slot? LOL I look forward to it as well..Roadside

14. 14 Shifter Nov 7th, 2009 at 11:12 am

I think that everything about IL has already been said.

15. 15 Axel Nov 15th, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Wonder if it comes with a subscription? I have been buying just about every issue. It’s a good magazine, other than the horrific editing.

Crusher