American IronHorse Motorcycles Trying To Sell Its Intellectual Property.

american-ironhorsebisIn the never ending saga of manufacturer American IronHorse Motorcycles, a new chapter is being written. The last? The company is trying to recover some money by having its intellectual property sold as the business is liquidated through bankruptcy proceedings. American IronHorse filed a petition for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings on April 30. It had assets of $1 million and liabilities of $10 million.

The company is putting for sale its trademark of American IronHorse, of model names (likeΒ  Slammer, Legend, Texas Chopper, Tejas and Outlaw), patents, Internet addresses, parts designs(?), customers data, etc. Streambank, the company in charge of selling these American IronHorse intangible properties expects to close the process in January 2010 or before. A total of 15,000 motorcycles would have been sold by American Ironhorse. I am sure that their owners would like to see somebody interested by such a sale. But my opinion is that the brand image is so damaged that the intellectual property is no more an asset but a huge liability. Anyone crazy enough out there?

21 Responses to “American IronHorse Motorcycles Trying To Sell Its Intellectual Property.”

1. 1 Joey Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Agree with you Cyril. just a liability. The industry will look better without this name around, How many millions Scott Meyers lost in buying this ghost called AIH?.

2. 2 Mitch Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

This horse was dead many years ago. I had one 6 years ago. Sold it 3 months later. Nightmarish. Selling the model names? I can invent thousands of bike names! Selling part designs? Which ones? They just engraved their name of others parts. Ridiculous.

3. 3 Shifter Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Amen.

4. 4 FREDP Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:05 pm

There’s ALWAYS someone out there that wants to be a biker!! ( at the right price!)

5. 5 Jeremy Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I am a biker and I will buy this liability for $100 with terms of payment. Anyone daring to overbid me?

6. 6 Dave Blevins Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:27 pm

There is nothing intellectual about this property!

7. 7 Patrick Bremmer Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Intangible asset has never been a better name Just air and no wind. What a joke.

8. 8 JK Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:43 pm

The Horse is dead 5 years ago. The meat is gone. Burry the bones..

9. 9 Manhattan Choppers Nov 11th, 2009 at 1:43 am

Trademark outlaw lol

10. 10 Conrad Nicklus Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:18 am

DOES THIS REAL SHOCK ANOYONE??? Give me a damn break, this saga has lasted way beyond what it EVER should have. Let them die off, no need to post and “advertise” anything for a dead company. Let this horse rest in a pool of misery as it deserves.

Conrad Nicklus

11. 11 Newtonian Nov 11th, 2009 at 8:45 am

IP ? Only a lawyer could invent that spin on anything from within your industry. A lawyer, or someone from OCC.

12. 12 Bigalyts Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:59 am

R.I.P. the Idiot who Bought Iron Horse for $4 million. Idiot, Moron and he can’t be Jewish.

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Did Ironhorse file Chapter 11 or was it Chapter 7? Chapter 11 is reorganization not a total close the doors and turn out the lights bankpuptcy. I thought they filed a Chapter 7 ???????

Over & Out,

Jeff

14. 14 just my opinion Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:50 pm

I wonder what patents they hold, they may have some value. As for the name don’t think they could pay anyone to take that. I am sure the business plan will go cheap LOL.

15. 15 Woody Nov 11th, 2009 at 8:09 pm

We’ll all just have to wait for Conrad to explain it to us πŸ˜‰

16. 16 Chopper Kid Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

“Sometimes I feel like beatin the dead horse” <- GNR

17. 17 1550tc Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:24 am

Cyril

American IronHorse Intellectual Property.

whats the french word for oxymoron?

18. 18 Woody Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:03 am

Maginot Line?

19. 19 1550tc Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:08 am

Woody

was timing and thinking were good, a day late πŸ™‚

Remembrance Day – also known as Poppy Day, Armistice Day (the event it commemorates) or Veterans Day

20. 20 Bikers Dream of Atlanta - Lannie Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Many agree that it’s time to bury a dead horse. There are still many proud owners of these bikes out there that have no plans of selling them. These bikes still need to be maintained and repaired. I keep most all of the commonly needed parts and can get MOST anything else needed for the American Ironhorse bikes. Please call Lannie (Parts Manager) at Bikers Dream of Atlanta 877-213-0062 or email parts@bikersdreamatl.com

21. 21 Kenny Jan 7th, 2010 at 7:26 pm

AIH may be gone but …. I own (2) 2008 Texas Choppers with thousands of miles on each and have never had a problem with either of them. The company is gone and I am kinda glad, but it is a shame that finally in 2008 they made some great bikes and then bellied up. I love my Texas choppers and ride the hell out of them.