Easyriders 2010 Custom Bike Show Tour

easyridersshowtourYou know that winter is coming when Easyriders Events begin to flash its ads and posters announcing the new V-Twin Bike Show Tour schedule. For many custom shops and backyard builders each date is an impossible deadline that they still will meet at the last minute because these events are probably some of the most important to promote your talent and your business. As a matter of fact I don’t know if there are any household name builders who didn’t participate at least one time (me, several times) to these big custom motorcycle meetings/exhibitions/entertainment.

So, follow the deadlines you must meet to show your custom work . Pomona, CA January 9-10, Sacramento, CA January 16-17, Charlotte, NC January 23-24 (a very big one),  Knoxville, TN February 6, Columbus, OH (Invitational where the top winner for the year will be crowned) February 12, 13, 14. More info/registration by calling 800-962-9857.

11 Responses to “Easyriders 2010 Custom Bike Show Tour”

1. 1 ger Nov 11th, 2009 at 6:08 pm

its a bit too far for our lot to travel to
    pity,,,

2. 2 Dave Blevins Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:00 pm

I love the Easyriders Bike Shows, I will be at Columbus for sure. Hope to see any or all of you there!

3. 3 John Green Nov 12th, 2009 at 7:38 am

This will be my 20th year with Easyriders Events. It’s been an incredible ride. I have seen so many unknown builders come to the Bike Shows and walk away with honors and relationships that have helped them advance in the industry.

If somebody is interested in getting a bike featured in one of the Magazines this is the place to be. The editors are at every show and most of the bikes featured in the Mag are a discovered at one of our shows.

We have a couple of new classes for 2010.
    Paul Yaffe and Supertrapp are sponsoring a bagger class.
    We are also putting together a class for pre 1999 bikes that have been built for under $9900.

The economy is killing us all so we are not charging any fee for a basic spot to enter your bike.

Thanks for everything you do Cyril.

John Green
    Easyriders Events

4. 4 Brandon Nov 12th, 2009 at 8:07 am

Love these shows. Great bikes, well organized, good entertainment. The place where to spend the weekend when they are in town.

5. 5 Sturgis Rider Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:52 am

There is no disputing the significant role the Easyrider Bike Show tour has had in showcasing and promoting the industry’s best talent. Not since the Camel Roadhouse Tour has there been a more innovative events marketing platform geared specifically towards the V-Twin aftermarket for consumers.

My hope is that the new “biker” television shows like Sons of Anarchy, Full Throttle Saloon and the new Detroit Brothers show soon to air on the Discovery Channel, will fuel a new interest and excitement in custom bikes, their builders and their lifestyle which will ultimately translate into strong attendance for this year’s Easyriders Bike Show tour.

Thank you John and Easyriders, hope you have a great year!

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Wow, you know the economy is in the dumpster when Eastriders does anything for free!

Over & Out,

Jeff

7. 7 ben faiella Nov 16th, 2009 at 10:44 am

The same politicsTHE SAME BOLT ON BIKE IN A BOX, THE SAME $60.00 WONDERS..OUT OF REACH AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH TODAYS MARKET! .. Although the Harley SPORTSTER is over 35% of HARLEYS BUSINESS…. Easyrider stiill refuses to have a SPORTSTER CLASS in their shows…They rarely feature one in their magazines now, although their earlier 1970s to 80s was full of them.. Easyrider has not recognized the importance of the back door low buget radical SPORTSTERs now being built by REDNECK and CAROLINA CUSTOMS ETC to bring the working biker into the custom market… Shame on them…A SPORTSTERr class would increase participation and open the gates to this fabulous unexposed segment of our market. More and more LOOKEY LOOS are attending these shows. Less buyers ,atendence is off , and yet they won’t recognize HARLEYS SPORTSTER as a competing class to generate interest and fans..We at PIPE DREAMZ deal only in aftermarket SPORTSTER custom pipes and accessories and can testify our section of the industry is booming! …I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS. PLEASE PROVIDE FEED BACK…BEST REGARDS. BEN FAIELLA, PIPE DREAMZ.

8. 8 John Green Nov 16th, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Ben
    I can’t speak for the mag and their content but I can speak for the Bike Shows.

We do not have classes for models. Let me run it down.

These are the classes.
    Best Of Show
    Editors Choice
    Radical
    Speciality
    Street Custom
    Modified Stock
    Old School
    Under 99
    Limpnickie
    Bagger

Sportsters have won in every class and are not limited to just a Sportster Class.
    Early Truimph and BSA’s have wone in nearly every class.
    No merit to the Anti Sportster talk. Not sure where you gathered that opinion.

There is Peoples Choice and a Judged catagory so if you don’t like the judges then show your bike in peoples choice.

I have designed the Bike Show competition to work for every builder not just s select group.
    I could write a book about the thought and collective effort that has gone into designing the classes for the Bike Shows. If you have any questions about the classes please feel free to e mail me at Easyriderjg@aol.com

Regarding your comment about less buyers, there are less buyers right now for everything from lawnmowers to high rise office buildings so I’m not sure what that has to do with Easyriders Bike Shows. The family’s and kids that we saw a few years ago are not interested in custom motorcycles like they were so that segment of attendance is way down however the riders and serious custom folks are still around.

On another note there is one thing I have heard over the last 20 years in this industry that really jerks my chain. The comment about the lookey Loos as you call them. Where did you go before you built or rode your first bike? If you truely are interested in bettering our community you will participate in any event that you possibly can. It is your duty to the industry to promote the virtues of motorcycling to anybody that will listen.

Okay so the space is free and if you bring 5 bikes we will give you a free spot to set up a small booth for your shop. Whats your excuse for not bringing a few bikes to the show? I have done everything I can to get the “unexposed segment” to participate. It is up to the “unexposed” to get out and spread the word. Shut your computer off for the weekend, load your bikes up and help me make this thing work.

JG

9. 9 Tim Nov 21st, 2009 at 1:24 am

Who are the pro builders this year?

10. 10 John Green Nov 22nd, 2009 at 10:32 am

We are not running the Centerfold Builders Tour in 2010. It is a very costly program.

11. 11 shotgunshock Jan 11th, 2010 at 2:46 am

Thanks for putting on a great show in Pomona, I just got back from the show. we displayed our Shotgunshock Air suspension and got a great responce and alot of exposure. The crowd was large enough for me as a vendor and I almost lost my voice from talking . I am sure to get some good sales because of this show. Wil try to make it to Sacramento and hope that the shoe goes on for many more years.

Crusher