BMW Sexy Concept Six-Cylinder Cafe Racer

bmw6-1bmw6-2Although I will never challenge the quality of BMW mechanical engineering, I never been a fan of their motorcycles. Durable, yes, but with designs that I dislike and a riding position which will never be mine (rode a police one in Germany and felt like I was sitting in a small SUV). But I like very much the sexy line of this BMW Motorrad concept six-cylinder with new Cafe Racer lines.

BMW engineers had to conceive the smallest ever six-cylinder and as far as I understand it was done by a combination of a square bore with a longer stroke ratio and reducing the gaps between cylinders, making the engine only slightly bigger than the big 4-cylinders. The bike uses an alloy frame with Duo-Lever and Para-Lever suspensions and six-piston Brembo brakes. Back to the lines, the Concept 6 is beautifully UN-BMW motorcycle by the finesse of its bodywork and mechanical details. Just look at the handlebars and instrument cluster conceived to give you almost as much information as the most recent BMW cars would give you, even on a tap what is your torque at any given moment! Now the question is will BMW Motorrad mass produce such a sexy bike. Cafe Racers need a filiation. BMW Motorrad.

11 Responses to “BMW Sexy Concept Six-Cylinder Cafe Racer”

1. 1 maroco Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:24 am

Amazing design, i hope they produce in mass, end loots of good tecnology.
    I like very styles of motorcycles, most hand made Bikes,but Factory Bikes are nice too,and the guys wo have the oportunity of work in this Bikes, are very lucky guys.

2. 2 krugger Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:55 am

Pretty nice bike!

Very good taste and culture on it….

I think that’s the comeback of Cafe Racer style , and that’s good…

Style, fun and performance!

3. 3 hoyt Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:56 am

…and 6 cylinder sound

4. 4 bratty Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Yeah, just what the moto world needs another ugly sportsbike to join the other 10,000 sportsbike models available.
    Give us a classic standard for the love of chrxxt.

5. 5 David Nov 12th, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Well this looks great as I have owned BMWs and I love them!! I have also owned several Honda CBX’s and ridden six cylinder Kawasaki’s and Benelli’s. I am glad to see BMW moving into this design concept although I would now prefer it to be in a touring bike than a sports type cafe racer. Cyril your comment seems odd about the (SUV) type ride have you ever ridden a Goldwing? Talk about SUV the goldwing wins the prize.
    Choppers are great I live them but really dislike what most of the custom shops are doing now. I would rather spend eight hours in the saddle of a BMW than the same time on a Harley Chopper or custom.
    David

6. 6 nicker Nov 13th, 2009 at 12:25 am

Cyril,
    Went looking for a new ride in 85, when the commute required more Triumph maintenance than i liked doing.

The Kawa/BMW dealer said the same issues would come up with a Kawasaki, so i got a Beemer.
    Choice was by business-case, not looks. But “the brick” sort-a grew on me….. 🙂

Now, with 100K on the clock, it still runs strong, and the motor’s never been opened.

None of us old guys like the aggressive riding position of any sport bike.
    But moving the KRS bars up&back about 1.5 inches resolves that issue (for me anyway).

And low maintenance allow lots more time to fool with other intresting projects….. 🙂

Gotta say, the above new Beemer is one nice looking scoot…. very tempting.
    But retirement precludes the need for another commuter.

-nicker-

7. 7 Wikked Steel Nov 17th, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Here’s a link to more info on this awesome bike.

8. 8 Grayhawk Nov 17th, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Great Link Wikked and great presentation of product

9. 9 J Nov 18th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Wow- this is long-overdue…. BMW has really missed the boat in not exploiting it’s straight-6 heritage…… The BMW fours always bored me, but I’d buy a six, just for the exhaust note alone.

10. 10 jatinder pal Nov 19th, 2009 at 1:51 am

The styling is awesome and with BMW ride…u cant go wrong.

11. 11 Joe Skonecki Nov 27th, 2009 at 3:02 pm

My hats off to BMW. Looks great! I love the styling.