Art Of The Chopper. Shifting Gears Party.

cyrilhuzemuseum1cyrilhuzeartofthechoppermusYesterday Sunday under a solid blue sky the Appleton Museum Of Art in Ocala, FL was celebrating the “Art Of The Chopper” by throwing a big “Shifting Gears Party”. Fellow builder Vince Doll and myself joined Museum Director John Lofgren and Steve Specht, Marketing Coordinator to welcome bike lovers who traveled from far away during Thanksgiving weekend to visit this amazing exhibition of 30 high end motorcycles curated by “Chief Choppperating Officer” Tom Zimberoff (Hard Cover Books Art Of The Chopper 1 & 2). As required for this kind of event a bike show was organized, a rock band shook the museum walls during all afternoon and of course Vince Doll (a.k.a. Mr Nobody) used his Southern humor to entertain the crowd… This intro to let you you that this must see exhibition is open every day (except Mondays) until January 10th, 2010. Plan your visit at Appleton Museum Of Art

12 Responses to “Art Of The Chopper. Shifting Gears Party.”

1. 1 John E Adams Dec 1st, 2009 at 5:43 am

Still on the “to do” list this month! Surely a great time this weekend -;0)

Cheers,

John E Adams

2. 2 Bigalyts Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:20 am

I didnt see that there was a Planned Event on the Blog! Maybe it was for Special, Folk!

3. 3 Boss Hawg Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:26 am

Cyril,

It was great seeing you and Vince there at the Art of the Chopper Exhibit. Enjoyed spending some quality time with you & Vince and, of course, looking at all the beautiful works of art on display. Loved your bike on display, too, it is a work of art in its own!

My only negative comment…I think it is pretty sad time in the industry for the builders that were/are physically capable to be present with their respective custom motorcycles on display not to come out and show support.

Sorry we did not get to say good bye, however, you were busy taking photos in the exhibit and we had to get up the road…hope to see you at the V-Twin Expo.

All the best Brother!

Boss Hawg

4. 4 Bruce Walker Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:38 am

I live in Daytona but never heard about this party. Frustrated because bored during last weekend. Would have loved to meet with Cyril & Vince. Great guys, great builders. Will visit the exhibit this coming weekend.

5. 5 Walt Lumpkin Dec 1st, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Stopped in to see the exhibit on my way down to Key West back on November 5 since I couldn’t be there for the opening ceremonies. Worh the trip to see the photos and bikes. Thanks to Steve for allowing me to nose around and thanks to Stephanie for being my guide.

6. 6 Vince Doll Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:02 am

It was really a good time, It was really great to spend some time with my friend Cyril, He was the first well know builder that I met in this industry he really inspired me with his works of art. Also the folks at the Appleton were fantastic they made everyone feel at home and welcome thanks to all of them.

On another note it really shocks me that any of the other builders did not show know times are tough all over, but how many folks in the world have their creations featured in these world class museums. I would have loved to have them there since most are really good friends of mine. Hope all that can will make it by to check it out. It’s really something

7. 7 Jeff Nicklus Dec 2nd, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Vince,

Didn’t some of your Hamster Brothers show up to support you?

Over & Out,

Jeff

8. 8 Boss Hawg Dec 3rd, 2009 at 8:18 am

Jeff,

I was there and the ONLY TWO that were present were Vince Doll (Nobody) and Cyril. The others I would consider to be a bunch of lame asses for not coming out for this prestige museum exhibit to show their support, to the industry and the brothers & sisters that do ride, with their bikes that were on display…granted a couple of builders of the bikes on display could not be there for other known reasons.

Boss Hawg

9. 9 Jeff Nicklus Dec 3rd, 2009 at 10:35 am

Boss,

That is too bad. Hell, I didn’t even know it was happening. Maybe if my friend Vince were to call me more than once a year he could keep me up to speed ….. you reading this Vince?

Over & Out,

Jeff

10. 10 Vince Dec 3rd, 2009 at 11:08 am

Yes Jeff there were a couple of the hamsters there, It was great seeing them, as it is you when your out and about, Im thinking but not sure Cyril may have mentioned ot on his blog

But anyway hope your reading this

Nobody

11. 11 Jeff Nicklus Dec 3rd, 2009 at 11:21 am

Hey Vince,

Sorry I didn’t make the opening. I am scheduled for a meeting in Gainsville on January 8, 2010 so I will run down to Ocala after that and check the display out. Hope all is well with you and yours. See ya’.

Over & Out,

Jeff

12. 12 Valerie Smith, Publisher Rider Now Magazine Dec 7th, 2009 at 9:06 am

Cyril and Vince it was so good to see you at the Art Of The Chopper exhibit in Ocala. You two represent the type of builders that we all love….you are there for the public. I sincerely appreciate that you two took the time to come out and meet everyone who did attend. As Media Sponsor for AOTC,we at Rider Now Magazine applaude you. The pictorial in our December 2009 issue has received great reviews and we plan on a followup in our January issue which will cover the Shifting Gears Party. Remember that the Exhibit runs until January 10th for your fans who have missed it thus far. Thank you and I will see you guys out there at bike events across the nation as Rider Now Magazine takes to the road. You can also see the magazine in full on our website at http://www.RiderNowMagazine.com. Respectfully, Valerie Smith, Publisher

Crusher