Harley-Davidson Recalls 111,569 Touring Motorcycles And Trikes Years 2009-2010

harleyrecall1harleyrecall2Summary: Harley-Davidson is recalling certain model year 2009 and 2010 Touring family motorcycles, including CVO Touring and Trike Products manufactured from June 6, 2008 through November 19, 2009. The front fuel tank mounts may distort in reaction to severe frame damage from a frontal collision. This condition may cause a fuel leak at the weld of the front bracket to the tunnel. Consequences: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire, which could lead to injury or death of the rider. Remedy: Dealers will install a left and right brace, which is intended to reduce front mount distortion during certain crash conditions. This repair will be performed free of charge. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson at 414-343-4056 or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236

8 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Recalls 111,569 Touring Motorcycles And Trikes Years 2009-2010”

1. 1 Rick Messmer Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Another big hole in Harley’s pocket.

2. 2 gardkcuf Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:58 pm

MORE H.D. BULL***! SO ONLY THE TOURING LINE IS LIKELY TO CATCH FIRE IN A MAJOR FRONTAL COLISSION WHERE THE FRAME GETS BENT?THE FIRE “COULD LEAD TO INJURY OR DEATH TO THE RIDER”. WHAT RIDER?!!! CHANCES ARE THE RIDER WILL BE NOWHERE NEAR THE BIKE AFTER A COLLISION SERIOUS ENOUGH TO BEND THE FRAME AND CAUSE A FUEL LEAK IN THE TANK.
    JUST HAPPENS THAT THEY SOLD MORE BAGGERS THAN ANY OTHER MODEL. LET’S GET ALL OF THEM BACK INTO THE DEALERSHIP AND UPSALE SOME MORE ACCESSORIES AND SERVICE. SOME CHEESY BRACKET AIN’T GONNA DO SQUAT IN AN ACCIDENT THAT SEVERE. JUST MY OPINION FOLKS……….

3. 3 Boss Hawg Dec 10th, 2009 at 5:21 pm

One must think…did Harley Davidson engineer and crash test these new two-piece motorcycle frames correctly? What about the motorcycle frame connectors for the two-piece frame…Will these frame connectors corrode and the motorcycle frame break away in two pieces?

Believe me, you will see said connectors corrode, in due course, especially around coastal areas and areas where salt, etc….is used to keep the highways clear. HD will attempt to pull pull the trump card like they due with their chrome rusting due to environmental conditions…hahaha.

Boss Hawg

4. 4 Terminatormike Dec 11th, 2009 at 7:32 am

Hi,
    good thanks, it is friday and i have a FLHR2008 Standard with ABS.

Best regards

Michael Heinzen

5. 5 Doc Robinson Dec 11th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Hey gardkcuf, they have treatment for paranoia these days. As an owner of one of the bikes concerned I’m happy to have the fix done. The Motor Company gets paid out far too often in this blog in my opinion; after all it has done far more to spread American culture and values around the world than any other company by a country mile. Sure, it’s done that as a business, but hey folks, that’s free enterprise that arguably is what made American great. When it was …

6. 6 just my opinion Dec 11th, 2009 at 5:59 pm

gardkcuf; Let me see if I am understanding you right. You think HD is claiming a problem with their design so that they can get the bikes in dealerships for upgrades? Who in their right mind would damage their business name by saying their product is faulty to get their customers to buy ungrades?
    I think Doc may be right you should seek out professional help ASAP.

7. 7 fuji Dec 11th, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Interesting statement DOC. I am sitting here with a Coca Cola in hand thinking that I should be drinking a Pepsi while typing on my HP instead of my Apple. And my GE desk light is shining down on my McDonald’s with a note laying along-side the McDonald’s burger, reminding me to get on Google to get to a web site to order parts, so I can have the parts shipped via UPS and arrive in the morning before I eat my Kellogg’s.

I sure wish the above mentioned companies could spread the American culture and values around the world like you think HD does….by a country mile…..hmmm….maybe the above companies just need a good financing arm, like HD has to promote values around the world.

Gosh, with all these conveniences and good names that we take for granted, it sure is good to know that America is still a great country!

1. 1 Harley-Davidson Recalls 111569 Touring Motorcycles And Trikes … Google Chrome Pingback on Dec 11th, 2009 at 1:32 am