Sexiest Harley-Davidson Print Magazine Ad

HarleyLegsAdIn my own judgment, Harley-Davidson has produced via local country advertising agencies, very good and very bad commercials. At least, each campaign is adapted to the specifics of each culture. Here is a Harley print magazine ad that probably could never have been run in the US, but only in a country where sensuality is exemplified (like in all latin countries). This print ad conceived in Brazil by ad agency Giovanni AFT. And of course it’s objective was not to attract more women to ride. More, please. I think I am latin…

15 Responses to “Sexiest Harley-Davidson Print Magazine Ad”

1. 1 Knucklehead Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I like it. I feel Giovanni did it in good taste:)

2. 2 vida Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

i love it. too bad h-d feels the need to be so politically correct in the states. maybe it’s good for attracting ‘non-bikers’ to the ‘lifestyle’, but the generic, responsible ‘can’t we all get along’ u.s. publicity turns me off. it certainly doesn’t speak to me, it feels corporate and contrived.

in this age of instant info from around the globe it seems this ad is not congruent with what we’re being fed in america: garage parties for women. there’s no way h-d would want this brazilian ad hanging in a dealership here. think of the outrage from the soccer moms trying to get in the wind.

this identity issue is hurting harley. none of us got in riding bikes because they were politically correct. harley has always represented attitude, rebellion (real, not some dorky skate kid wannabe ad campaign), living life fast and hard to its fullest, camaraderie, and the rumble of the v-twin.

get back to basics h-d- stop alienating and fractionating the people who made you what you are. we really don’t buy it and apparently from the sales of your bikes, your softening, everyone should ride a harley campaign isn’t working either.

3. 3 ian Dec 17th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

now on a 96 sheet billboard that might take my eyes off the road!

4. 4 Lyle Dec 17th, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Those girls (are they girls?) aren’t dressed for riding.

5. 5 walter furia Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Guys, come on! Would you like to see oil, gas and bolts in an advertisement? Let’s put some thing beautiful in the scene!
    Come on – pretty girls are always welcome!

6. 6 36 Special @ Open Road Biker Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:04 pm

It is according to what they are planning on riding lyle

7. 7 David Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:50 pm

AAAAAAHHHHH , This brings back memories of 1969 high school drafting class and the girl that sat across from me with her short skirt on and the drafting tables up!!!!!
    Boy do I wish it was 1969 again !!!!!!!!!!!! My arthritis wouldn’t hurt so bad!!!!

8. 8 nicker Dec 18th, 2009 at 1:09 am

Ah yes!!
    Memories of a pimple faced kid pumping $.25 a gallon gas at the local Douglas station.
    There was a reason why it took Soooooooo long to wahs some driver-side windshields…… 🙂 🙂

-nicker-

9. 9 highpockets Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:33 am

Welcome to Latin America, this kind of add works well in these markets.

10. 10 Night Train Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:25 am

Lyle has a valid question: “Are they girls?” You never know down there! lol

11. 11 Jim Gianatsis Dec 21st, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Harley- Davidson USA IS sexing-up its advertising image …..both for 2009 and 2010 they are featuring sexy Victoria’s Secret & Sports illustrated supermodel Marissa Miller. Their 2010 campaign features Marissa in 1940’s style Vargas pinup model poses.

Quite a change from 2003 when Harley end all sexism including no longer having an official Miss Harley-Davidson spokesmodel for the corporate events. Nice to see thiir new move back to a recognition that sexy sells to their 90% male buyers.

Click Here to Stuff Your Christmas Stocking!

12. 12 jeff & robbie Dec 22nd, 2009 at 12:09 am

Vulgar… and dumb.

13. 13 Lyle Dec 22nd, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Personally when I see ads like that, I need to wonder what kind of mentality they are focusing on. I have plenty of Harleys and am still young enough to turn my head at a good looking woman, but this type of ad actually steers me away from the product. I would rather see a woman (good looking or not) riding a harley fully clothed. Of course, this is just my opinion and it seems that sex sells in pretty much all induistries. But if this is a latin American ad, there’s a good chance those aren’t even women. Maybe they are really liberal regarding their target audience?

1. 1 Tweets that mention Sexiest Harley-Davidson Print Magazine Ad at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 18th, 2009 at 3:23 pm
  2. 2 uberVU - social comments Trackback on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 8:01 pm