2009 BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials Yearbook

bub1bub2Last September met with Scooter Grubb on the Salts of Bonneville. Easy to notice him. He is the photographer equipped with the longest (most expensive?) camera lens to catch glimpses of all the men & women racing at the BUB Speed Trials, an event sponsored by Denis Manning of BUB Exhaust Enterprises.

Scooter has been riding motorcyles for over 35 years and has also been a camera junkie for a little longer than that. Never been to the Salts? Or just looking to keep a photo yearbook of the 2009 edition? This wonderful book covers it all with 228 images of motorcycles at speed, more shot in the pits and even the final banquet to reward this year’s record holders. For the data junkies there is also a full listing of the AMA records that were set during the event. It is Scooter intent to make this book an annual offering so that we have a pictorial record of each event along with a listing of yearly records. A portion of the profits from this book will be donated to save the Salts. You can see a book preview and order it by jumping HERE.

8 Responses to “2009 BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials Yearbook”

1. 1 raycwheeler Dec 22nd, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Hot off the Press from a first class photographer.

Yes, there spectacular.

ray c wheeler USA

2. 2 Ray Dec 22nd, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Just went on this website. There are 100’s of very cool pictures. Well done especially when you think of the difficulty to shoot these machines at full speed (I am an amateur photographer).

3. 3 John E Adams Dec 23rd, 2009 at 6:04 am

Nice piece Cyril – he is a great one!!!

Cheers,

John

4. 4 Gabe Larkins Dec 23rd, 2009 at 7:17 am

Scooter is one of the good guys. He is a great friend and an incrediable photographer! All of his work is amazing. I recommend this book to everyone. His work and attention to detail on live action shots is amazing. He is a true enthuasiast for motorcyle art and his work shows his passion for 2 wheeled motorsports. I am honored to consider him one of my closest and dearest friends. Also keep your eyes peeled for his upcoming book on AHDRA, all harley drag racing.

Gabe

5. 5 4Cammer Dec 23rd, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Excellent. I just found what I’ll get with the Christmas $$ from my pops.

6. 6 Drew Gatewood Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:32 am

Four Greats
    1. Scooter
    2. This annual book
    3. BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials
    4. Bonneville Salt Flats

If you’ve never been to this event you owe it to yourself to attend.
    Scooter, and everyone else involved, from riders to staff are a friendly
    and close knit family.

7. 7 Joe Mielke Dec 31st, 2009 at 4:54 pm

The 5th Great is………………Drew Gatewood!
    He and his staff are aces. I know I’ve told you that before Drew and I know it is still true today!

Scooter. My wife got her copy for Christmas. Great Job! All of us who live for that one week a year to play on the salt are lucky to have guys like you there to document all the fun!

Have a great 2010 everyone!
    Joe

1. 1 Tweets that mention 2009 BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials Yearbook at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:17 pm
Crusher