Chicks Rule Tour. To Promote Women Who Wrench And Ride Motorcycles.

vagabondchoppersThey are women custom builders. They want to pay tribute to all women who build bikes and ride. Hence the “Chicks Rule & Boys Drool Tour” aboard a traveling 44-foot trailer stopping in all major biker events in 2010.

This rolling tribute to women bikers will offer a mix of on-site how-to seminars, fashion shows, book signings and special guest appearances with a feminine flair. Behind the event is Athena “Chickie” Ransom from Vagabond Choppers (pictured here). The multi-event promotes women who ride and wrench on their own bikes.

The tour will display what is available for women motorcycle riders, from clothing and parts to motorcycles styled with the woman rider in mind, special guest appearances and of course women hand-crafted custom motorcycles. The tour will include 12 national event stops throughout 2010 including the main events of Daytona Bike Week, New Orleans Bike Week and the Sturgis Rally. Chicks Rule & Boys Drool Tour (website still in construction).

18 Responses to “Chicks Rule Tour. To Promote Women Who Wrench And Ride Motorcycles.”

1. 1 Darin Maltsberger-Instructor@MTI Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:52 am

One of my top students last year was a young lady with an eye for detail. All of the guys in the class were certain that she would never last at the beginning of the program, by the time graduation rolled around, she had all of their respect. From what I have seen in my classroom and experienced firsthand as a profesional mechanic for over 21 years, is that women, on the average, have more patience, more focus and are more detail oriented than most of us men. I have been lucky enough to work with some very gifted women over the years. Keep up the good work girls! I hope to see you in South Dakota this summer.

2. 2 sickboy Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Althena is talented, ambitious and focused- best wishes to her and her compadres

3. 3 Fluke Dec 26th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

This sounds a great idea. good luck, hon.

Women bike builders rule. Time to get scared boys!

I would love to be part of this tour, if I could ever stop my changing plans halfway through and actually get this bike done that is.

4. 4 nicker Dec 26th, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Hmmmm….

“…. women who wrench and ride…”

So the intent here is to differentiate between those women who just ride…..
    and those who both Wrench and Ride….. (???)

-nicker-

5. 5 Manhattan Choppers Dec 26th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Very cool.. how about some unbiased press on occ suing jr.cyril .. It’s a week old story, always good for some laughs.

6. 6 maroco Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

All the best for this womans,one more time they prouve they can do what mans do.
    They are very special and wild, good luck, hope one day we can see a women win AMDchampionship.

7. 7 liz Dec 26th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Good luck! Wish I could be a part of this.. This is great…

8. 8 mbofill Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:25 am

now that would be nice! how about some hot sexy babes building bikes on tv over the silly childish arguments we have been used to seeing. if the men cant get along maybe the women will. who do you need to talk to to get something like this going? where is the chopper king when you need him? come on tlc or discovery channel take this chopper world to a new level!! occ is killing us all!

9. 9 BikerMarc Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:33 am

This is yet another example of women taking over the world. I can see the future Bros – Daytona Babe Week, Sturgis Fashion Week, The Real Love Ride, Laconia Hair Products Rally, etc.

We are done in guys. Done in.

Just kidding ladies. All the best in your 2010 Tour. Just let us drool.

BikerMarc

10. 10 Rogue Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:35 am

I am Happy to say Athena is a friend of mine and that I have had the opportunity to cover some of the builds she and the other women did.
    If you are in the are of where they ar appearing I would reccomend you stop by and say HI!

11. 11 Night Train of Florida Full Throttle Mag Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Athena, I look forward to meeting you in January – well done sweetie!

12. 12 Full Throttle Magazine Dec 28th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Seeing more women builders and riders is a great addition to the motorcycle industry!

We hope to see a few at the Florida Bike Builders Invitational in Clearwater January 30-31st

13. 13 Jody Dec 28th, 2009 at 11:10 am

Sounds like it’s going to be a hit. Good Luck with the tour!

14. 14 Walt Lumpkin Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I had much rather watch Athena and the ladies work than the Montgomery County gang throw chairs across the room or throw baseballs at the wall clock.

15. 15 Vernee Green-Myers Jan 11th, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Can you bring the tour to our festival? As a woman rider, I’d love to see it! We expect up to 20,000 attendees and have a large riding community with around a dozen independent bike shops! I can’t wait to see more women bike builders!

16. 16 bobby caprarella Apr 25th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

There is nothing better than to see a hot chick going by on a hot bike !!!!!!!!!! Good luck ladies, all I can say is … .. . .. . .. . .SMOKEM………Hope to see you soon bobby. cap.

1. 1 motorcycles: Chicks Rule Tour. To Promote Women Who Wrench And Ride Motorcycles … | Helmet Hair Motorcycle News Pingback on Dec 26th, 2009 at 9:01 am
  2. 2 Tweets that mention Chicks Rule Tour. To Promote Women Who Wrench And Ride Motorcycles. at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:40 pm
Crusher