Billy Lane Using His Skills And Helping Others While In Prison

billylaneincourtcyrilhuzeblogAs expected by those who, like me, know him personally, Billy Lane has turned his prison time into a positive by helping other inmates learn how to weld and working on fixing the vehicles of the Avon Park Work Camp where he is serving a 6-year sentence after pleading no contest to one count of vehicular homicide for crashing his pickup truck head-on into and killing 56-year-old Park Ranger Gerald Morelock. During the last 4 months since his sentencing, Billy has also resolved his remaining legal problem surrounding the accident of Setpember 4, 2006. The civil lawsuit filed by Erin derrick – Lane’s passenger during the crash – for hospital bills compensation was settled out of court.

57 Responses to “Billy Lane Using His Skills And Helping Others While In Prison”

1. 1 Kentucky-Bred Feb 28th, 2011 at 8:50 am

I am glad that Cyril has the time to keep us updated on Billy Lane. Billy Lane is exactly where he belongs. Lane has plenty of time to think about his actions. Now he is paying the price for his lack of judgment & poor actions.
    Maybe when Charlie Sheen goes to the slammer he will update us as well.

2. 2 Rich Moore Mar 2nd, 2011 at 4:56 am

I have met Billy several times, for a guy with his celebrity he is very down to earth.
    He is so innovative with the things he comes up with on the bikes he builds.
    I know he is devastated over his actions, and will make the best of the time he is serving.

Rich

3. 3 Ade in the UK May 9th, 2011 at 8:24 am

Can some one pleas answer this question, is Lane under a life time driving ban? will he never legaly be permited to ride a motorcycle again?

4. 4 DannyBoy May 16th, 2011 at 9:39 am

@ Ade, there Is no such law In the US. Driving Is a privilage not a right. Most states will put a 1 to 3 year revocation on a case like this and he will be able to drive again as long as he abides by the rules.

I’ve met Billy and hung out with him Sturgis 05. He was a great guy. But the dude killed another biker while he was blasted drunk. Six years? That’s nothing! Image If he had killed your father or mother…With good time he will be out very soon.

5. 5 john Jul 3rd, 2011 at 9:55 am

He was drunk and Killed a fellow biker…..THAT … is all there is to this story. Do you thin the family of the man he killed would be glad he is teaching inmates how to fix metal….. WOW…. I don’t know him, but the story say’s everything…..all I can think about ( as a rider myself for over 30 years ) is THIS IS JUST WHAT WE WE AS RIDERS FEAR….. A DRUNK WHO DRIVES LIKE A NUT-JOB

6. 6 dunhill Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:33 am

I hope Mr lane can somehow have this tragedy help save lives of others in the future… Can he? Yes…will he? IDK. I have done a lot of bad in my life (No… I’ve never killed a man driving drunk) and I’ve turned my life around. I live my life with one objective and that’s to leave this world a better place cause I was here. Have I done that yet? Again IDK but I am trying.with his celebrity, skills and fame he still has a chance to leave the world a better place cause he was here. I hope he finds a way to. I was pleased he did not plead not guilty or from what I understand ever really try to ‘beat the case’.

I am sorry for the man he killed family and must say they are better people than I am. I wish them the best and am happy FOR THEM that they could find some peace in forgiveness…I could not have.

Many lives destroyed.

Oh and I don’t come from a religious place with any of my comments. These are just my personal views.

7. 7 Anonymous Sep 26th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

What about the guy who died? Not too many people talk about him.

x