cyrilhuzebubexhaustBUB Enterprises has just informed me that by executive Order k-002, the CARB (California Air Resource Board) has approved the sale in California of their catalytic converter equipped exhausts for Harley Davidson motorcycles. This is a milestone in the aftermarket industry as the executive order process for motorcycle critical emission components was approved in October 2009.

So BUB Enterprises  is the 1st exhaust company to produce compliant catalyst exhausts. This allows replacement of OEM exhaust with BUB True Dual or TDX headers and BUB catalyst equipped mufflers. These new systems make the same performance as the BUB 7 Stealth systems with 50-State EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) sound compliance.These exhausts carry up to the full Five Year Emissions Warranty when installed on new or qualifying mileage motorcycles. Available for sale this Spring. Bub Enterprises (home of the world’s fastest motorcycle: 367.382 mph).

6 Responses to “BUB 1st Manufacturer To Get California Approved Catalytic Exhaust Systems For Harley-Davidson Motorcycles”

1. 1 J Jan 30th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Good news for BUB, bad news for those unwilling to submit to the legalized extortion that is CARB.

2. 2 liuchuang Jan 30th, 2010 at 8:44 pm

BUB is good .

3. 3 Darin Maltsberger-Instructor@MTI Feb 1st, 2010 at 9:01 am

The R&D and innovation that BUB puts into their products is phenomenal. CARB and EPA regulation will not diminish or go away. While I may not agree with it, I have to live with it. Just like taxes and speed limits. I teach my students about the fundamentals of exhaust emmissions and the ways that different companies are trying to meet the current emmission standards. I am excited about the fact that BUB has an option for those customers wanting to customize the exhaust on their compliant bike. The future is coming…….and BUB is right there.

-Darin

4. 4 cwglide Feb 1st, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I got a modified exhaust ticket a few months back. I wish i had have known this before and bought these exhausts from BUB. It is illegal here in Calif to modifiy or tamper with stock exhaust. But according to Vehicle Code; 27150.7 : as long as you can prove the exhaust is compliant (certified) the case should get dismissed. This whole CARB as it applies to Motorcycle shoudl be abolished. Only 1% of the vehicals on the roard are motorcycles which has very little contribution to air quality. They tried to pass a smog check here and was shot down by a senator that actually rides and sees the big picture. Sorry for the soap box.

5. 5 Joe Skonecki Feb 5th, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Cali should split into 2 states. North Kalifornia and South California,

6. 6 patrick dunn Apr 1st, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I own a 2007 softail deluxe , cam, power commander an rinehart slip-ons. The rinehards are beautiful but a little loud. Is it possible to replace them with BUB replacements, only quieter? Will it destroy my performance, torque, etc.? How about overheating? Thanks for a reply.

Crusher