First Daytona Bike Week Rally For Freedom

usfreedomIt will a first this coming weekend February 27-28 in Daytona Beach at the Volusia County Fairgrounds, the inaugural Biker Rally For Freedom. It is described to me as a true grassroots both fun and inspirational weekend event where multiple speakers will talk and debate about our US constitutionally guaranteed Freedoms and Protections.

And because it’s Bike week, in addition to multiple speakers, workshops and seminars there will be the usual rally entertainment with food, vendors and bands. Admission is $5.00 per day. Below is the organizer written description of this event.

“The goals of this event are to promote individual liberty, personal responsibility and to unite Americans through grassroots efforts and organizations. We will unite, educate, and act to affect a positive change in our freedom based, freedom loving, civil society.

We will use focused entertainment and intelligent speakers to cover a wide variety of freedom based topics. Everything from the dangers we are currently facing to focused solutions for fighting back the tide of tyranny will be covered. The use of educational media, seminars, and political activism will be discussed. Our founders warned us about  the dangers our republic would face from within through the ever expanding power of the federal government. The warning signs that they were indeed wise are all around us right now. The media is no longer the watchdog of the people, it is the lapdog of the government, so we must do our duty and be our own watchdogs and activists.

Do not let this happen on our watch. Get engaged and do something, Now! Come to this Freedom Rally and get Charged up and leave with a new desire to use the ammunition we provide you with to take your country back”

28 Responses to “First Daytona Bike Week Rally For Freedom”

1. 1 alan Feb 22nd, 2010 at 7:32 pm

FREEDOM IN DAYTONA THAT’S A JOKE?

2. 2 Brandon Feb 22nd, 2010 at 10:40 pm

there is a big difference between freedom and laws.

3. 3 WILLIE Feb 22nd, 2010 at 11:41 pm

OUR CONSTITUTION IS BEING ERODED EVER DAY AND EACH DAY WE LOSE SOME OF OUR RIGHTS.There is a lot of people who are just to lazy or just don,t care what is going on in our GREAT COUNTRY this is a republic and its time for people to stand up and speak out because the silent will lose and when its one of your freedoms lost you have no one to blame but your self. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE VOTE THEM OUT….look at all the Country,s who have lost the rights to own firearms free men own guns slaves do not simple and to the point ..one of the best examples is the rights of free men to defend there property and to defend there life and liberty and free speech …

4. 4 Rogue Feb 23rd, 2010 at 7:20 am

I will be speaking at that rally and personally invite you to come out and hear some of the speakers.
    My past history proves that things can be done to keep our rights and also change laws.
    Those who are really interested in doing so will show up and get involved. Those who do not can continue to complain about everything!

5. 5 busfreak Feb 23rd, 2010 at 7:38 am

There is a real waking up in America lately. I don’t know whats driving it, but people sure are fed up. It’s good to see Americans standing up and starting to care.

6. 6 broadwaylee Feb 23rd, 2010 at 8:36 am

right on !!!!! this anit the same america i grew up in ……
    if we dont help take it back ——we help give it away!!
    lee

7. 7 Freedomlaw Feb 23rd, 2010 at 9:33 am

Had I known of this event, I would be there. I am a former police officer (14 years law enforcement) who has been an attorney for more than two decades. Believe me, the Bill of Rights is largely a dead letter in this country. I am amazed at how arrogant law enforcement has become in the name of “officer safety.” It is absurd to believe that every citizen’s civil rights must yield to enforcement of everything from seat belt laws to underage possession of alcohol. I was a cop. I understand the job. At the same time, we were actually trained to be community problem solvers and I found that most people loved the police and frankly I loved the job and the community. Now the attitude is one of an occupational army and it offends. There is a sense that in the name of the “war on drugs” and public safety anything goes from public strip searches to no-knock warrants served on Christmas Eve. Believe me, I am a very patriotic American. I love the idea of Jeffersonian democracy. I obey the law. I am a good neighbor. I pay all of my taxes (with clenched teeth of course). But, I remember when I was much younger that I had a fuller sense of freedom. Now I pass through metal detectors twenty times a week, my briefcase is searched by Sheriffs who glare at me (unless I have represented them), and I am constantly threatened with enforcement action by government. Enough! I love my country and my fellow man. I promise to defend the weak. I employ people and own property. I don’t drink or take drugs. I have helped raise a stepson who is a fire lieutenant and I spend as much time with nieces, nephews and grandchildren as I can without interfering in their lives. Am I really the problem? And if not, my government from the Governor to the local police ought to embrace me, not threaten me.

8. 8 Cochise Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:20 am

I’ll be speaking Saturday at 11am and taking a group over Sunday, where I’ll be speaking at 2pm. The only thing that I have noticed that in the beginning wasn’t mentioned, is there is a $5 admission fee, so don’t be caught off guard by this.

Looking forward to many showing up.

9. 9 Mike Greenwald Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:22 am

Tthe media persists in painting lukewarm, conformist, ineffective whining-at-tyrants as “extremist,” while pretending that those of us who ACTUALLY advocate freedom–even when it’s “illegal” (which is
    always)–don’t exist.

10. 10 rc Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:39 am

Will be speaking there myself. Look forward to this as being an educational event.
    Hopefully a motivating event, transforming event.

I say to AMEN to Freedom laws post. TIME TO RAISE THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE FROM THE DEAD!

11. 11 Suds, Secretary-US Defenders/COIR Div. Feb 23rd, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I regret that I will not be out there to witness freedom loving individuals making a stand to uphold the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Stand Strong and Stand Long brothers and sisters, and like my National Commander says, “Together we’ll Win”. Like Tecumseh said, “We must be of One Heart, and One Voice”.
    Respect….
    Suds, National Secretary – Coalition of Independent Riders

12. 12 Jack Feb 23rd, 2010 at 12:23 pm

“Our founders warned us about the dangers our republic would face from within through the ever expanding power of the federal government. The warning signs that they were indeed wise are all around us right now. The media is no longer the watchdog of the people, it is the lapdog of the government”

Where were all of you from 2003 – 2008? Yep, the media didn’t do shit when dubya ran his mouth about a “pre-emptive strike on Iraq” instead of a focused effort in Afghanistan.

The Iraq invasion continues to cost this nation dearly meanwhile the deeper threats in Iran and Afghanistan have not been handled. Freedom? Safety? Iraq costs while our own infrastructure waits and decays…..yep, from within is right. Gross Neglect.

The Obama administration’s initiative to improve healthcare costs (and help American companies be more competitive ) has been dealt political b.s by Republican partisanship, instead of working together for a logical compromise. That should not be read as pro-Democratic but an expectation of a productive Congress working together at the Federal level for Americans, not the Democratic party or the Republican party but for Americans.

Unite Americans? unlikely based on the above comments.

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Feb 23rd, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Jack,

Dude, take a chill pill and go hug a tree or kiss a fish or read your current issue of PETA Magazine or better yet get back to your high school sex ed class, this conversation is for grown ups !!!!!!

Over & Out,

Jeff

14. 14 choppertom Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:49 pm

To all Obamanites:….get a grip, get a job, stop blaming & get a life.
    If everyone had to supply for themselves…..there would be no need for handouts.

Too many have enjoyed the “good fortune” of the working man for too long….causing the current mess we are in.

I am glad to live in a free country, where I can make it on my own, with no hand outs or bail outs. If I fail, I will gladly take full responsibility. Then start over.
    But please, don’t ask me to pay for the misfortune of others.
    They too have the right to become everything they want to be-even if it’s being a total waste.

Back when this country was the strongest superpower known to mankind, remember the stories, remember when our pappys and greatgrand pappys were alive? They worked their fingers to the bone for US. Not U.S. ,but US as in WE, the generation that pissed it away…….

15. 15 Jack Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Jeff – go on a diet.

choppertom – Republicans were part of the bailouts too. Remember McCain “suspending his campaign” to save the world? then he sat on his hands like a doofus.

Plus, re-read the post again. I took a neutral stance, expecting the Congress to get something accomplished for Americans. That will unite this country again, not the bullshit comments above.

16. 16 TNT Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:52 pm

The bailout is for both Democrats & Republicans. It’s for all those whose professional lives were destroyed by the Bush administration policies..

17. 17 choppertom Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Jack, my post wasn’t a direct hit on your post.
    I’m glad the Freedom Rally is happening, maybe it will create more awareness to the Fed mess.

Republicans and Democrats both are wasteful with OUR money.

maybe they all should “suspend their campaigns to save the world”

VOTE ‘EM ALL OUT

18. 18 Jeff Nicklus Feb 23rd, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Jack,

Dude, I am on a diet …. a diet of strictly Democrat Liberal Red Meat! ………. Come on now … even you have to admit that was a good come back.

I agree with Choppertom ….. VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT!

Over & Out,

Jeff

19. 19 GirlGeek Feb 23rd, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Jack, I find it presumptious of you to assume you know what anyone did or didn’t do during the Bush years. You are making a broad-based assumption based probably on the general mischaracterization of liberty-loving groups in the mainstream media.

Most freedom fighters that I know are beholden to no party or administration. It is not the people against the Republicans or the Democrats. It is the people against the expansive power of the political class.

I have railed against Congressional spending for years, no matter what the party du jour. I find it intellectually dishonest that instead of addressing the issue directly, many just try to deflect it by saying, “Oh, but Bush did this or Clinton did that”, yadda yadda.

We are in the here and now and people are fed up. Deal with it.

Not everyone can agree 100 percent with anyone else’s point of view, but in looking at the Freedom Rally webpage and Facebook page, I’m with them on 90%, and that’s good enough for me. It appears to me that this has been put together through shear will power, determination, and good old American hutzpah. I applaud and respect the efforts of everyone who made this happen.

I wish that I could be there, but alas I must pay for the last stimulus, the latest stimulus, and pending healthcare legislation. Just trying to do my small part to keep the national debt (which has grown exponentially under this Congress) at bay so that I don’t have to pay for it; I’ll leave that to future generations.

It would be great if there could be video of the speakers (hint to anyone who is going to be there).

GirlGeek

20. 20 Ray Henke Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Right on Girl Geek. And if Rouge will be speaking, I think we can all be assured that this is a true freedom fighters event. And by the way, fuck the helmet laws.

21. 21 Jack Feb 23rd, 2010 at 8:38 pm

GirlGeek – presumptuous my ass. If you haven’t figured out what Bush did or didn’t do by now & its impact on any administration to come after, you have problems.

My overall message is precisely “hear and now”. Read it again: There should be no partisan bullshit, especially at the Federal Level, when it comes to an administration’s initiatives. Work on a logical compromise for the American people, not democrats or republicans.

National Debt under this Congress? How much did the Iraq invasion add to the deficit?

The American people have every right to expect that Congress would achieve a compromise to address the costly healthcare situation. Other nations businesses don’t have healthcare expenses. If American companies had a fraction of the healthcare costs don’t you think these companies would invest in innovation, resulting in superior goods and services once again made at home?

Look at the heyday of American manufacturing in the 50’s…healthcare costs have exponentially increased since then on the financials of American businesses.

22. 22 Thorsblood Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Jack Wrote:”The American people have every right to expect that Congress would achieve a compromise”

Yeah, and the right to believe the tooth fairy leaves quarters under our pillow.

What the American people do NOT have is one goddamn bit of faith that those fucksticks can do anything productive.

There might not have ever been a more important time for partisan politics to be put aside than now, but these fucksticks are so entrenched in the machine that has evolved in Washington they couldn’t change anything if they wanted too.
    Fuckstick democrats and Fuckstick republicans, we don’t need either one of the sons of bitches anymore. They have too much power, too much control, and too much allegiance to someone or something other than us out here sick to our stomach of THEM. It would appear that some of us are not going to accept it anymore. I might not make Florida, I am like G.G. and I need to stash some dimes, but I support whats going on 100% and I don’t need to go to Florida to push the same agenda.

23. 23 Boss Hawg Feb 23rd, 2010 at 11:59 pm

And where were most of you when this took place and continues to do so ? http://www.21stcenturypaulrevereride.us/info/why_the_ride.html

Wanna have Freedom…then fight for it like you never have cause you were slowly losing it a few years ago and now it is being taken from you faster than most of you here could know.

Boss Hawg

24. 24 Gypsy Feb 24th, 2010 at 8:06 am

Wishing you the best with this Rally… other states will be watching, and hopefully use the same venue!

Go get em!
    Gypsy

25. 25 Gypsy Feb 24th, 2010 at 8:07 am

Wishing you the best with this First Freedom Rally
    Other states will be watching….
    Go get ’em!
    Gypsy

26. 26 BILL Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:13 pm

THERE IS some scary bills H.R..2159 that would take your second amendment rights away. the UN,S SMALL ARMS TREATY .COME ON GUY,S GET US OUT OF THE CORRUPT U.N. ITS A WAIST OF OUR TAX MONEY…VOTE THEM OUT 2010

27. 27 BILL Feb 27th, 2010 at 10:30 am

GOOD LUCK on the FREEDOM RALLY.remember the laws they pass today well not just go away once a new law is put on the books it takes an act of GOD to get it off ,GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC.
    VOTE THE SOCIALIST OUT 2010 .LETS ALSO TRY TO BRING JOBS BACK TO AMERICA INDUSTRY,THAT WE NEED ….MADE IN USA is pride,

28. 28 rhonda lee welsch Mar 8th, 2010 at 1:01 pm

To everyone out there who has taken the time to respond-thank you. Even those who seek only to argue for arguments sake like Jack- a.k.a . “Jack Ass”! You keep me engaged because it is your ignorance and stubborn arrogance that continues to prevail in our society! When are our people going to stop blaming and take personal responsibility for the place we have found our Nation. We the People had the power – bought with the blood of patriots- yet we were to busy enjoying the benefits of their sacrifice and willingly gave our voice to the enemy of true Freedom.
    Our Nation is a Constitutional Republic- not a Democracy Jack! No one party could ever do what has been done to our Laws- it has been a collaborative effort on the parts of many Progressives-powerful & deceitful men who capitalized on the ignorance and slothfulness of the “modern” American- the one who bought the entitlement package sold to the people by our Republican & Democratic leaders.
    Federal Income Tax was a Scam from day one,Social Security(originally voluntary) was a Scam from day one! – Medicaid and Medicare(Failed gov’t run health care systems) were scams from day one- and now you want to blame Bush! Idfiots believe one man or one party could accomplish this PONZI Scheme of mass proportion!
    Too many have came to believe the lies that government somehow had the answers to all that ills society. Man put his trust in “the man” and got what he deserves!
    It is a lie from the pitts of hell and many have bought it hook, line, and sinker!
    PLEASE- do your homework before you spout off at the mouth and insult true patriots who are looking for solutions and who are making personal sacrifices & working to that end! There is no quick fix as what has destroyed our Constituionally guaranteed rights has incrementally crept into every governmental institution and has always existed since before we were America! We the people have not been vigilant!
    No party has a corner on corruption. That comes from having too much power and an ill informed citizenry! We give them their power and refuse to educate ourselves and then have the gall to blame others! It is time to purge the hard drive of the out of control machine and reprogram our political system according to it’s original intent : the software that is being used as the operating system for our government is infected with viruses from the very people who write the programs! The Enemey of the People is the Tyrannist of old & is unfortunately alive and well. Our enemy is common- the enemy of God and man who loves to stir up the masses and cause us to devour our own! Call out the enemy and clean up your own houses- that will be our only hope of saving our country if then! Sacrifice and hard work along with unpopularity which demands Honesty, Truth, and Unwavering Committment! When push comes to shove I truly wonder how many men will actually show up ready to defend Honor and Freedom? They didn’t exactly rush the gates at the Freedom Rally! Beer and the thrill of another bare breast by far seem to out weigh the desire for true LIBERTY!
    PLEASE_ Do not misunderstand me; there is a time for all things- it’s just time for America to wake up and get serious about the direction of our Nation- we are heading straight for a cliff and it’s a long way down to the bottom of the gorge! Shouldn’t we be fighting to stop the runaway train? (OUT of Control GOVERNMENT) Do not our Children and Grandchildren deserve more from us? Our Founding Fathers were respectable and worthy of honor- where is the blood of those men? Is it still coursing through your veins or must the “mothers” now fight to save our children?
    We shall see……