Swift Motorcycles. Is It Over?

Was advised that Swift Motorcycle Company was doing on March 27th a big sale at their Phoenix location of what seems to be most, if not all, of their equipment. The sale that you can see listed on Craigslist includes the following:  Prototype bikes, Parts, Frames. Wheels, Tools, Equipment, Bike lifts, Work Benches, Tire & Wheel Machine/ Balancer,  Exhaust Bending machine, 80″ Harley-Davidson and 111″ & 117″ Engines with titles and more…

I tried to contact owner Chris Moyes, but at time of publication my call and email were not returned. Swift Motorcycle Company, a production custom motorcycles manufacturer, was launched in 2001 and released models like the “Bar Chopper” “Punisher” and “Tormentor” featuring 2″ tubes for added strength. Most models were equipped at the time with S&S 117″ engines. Then in 2006 Chris Moyes launched the Softail “Lucky Strike Bobber” then the “Lucky Strike Drifter”. The number of motorcycles produced since 2001 is unknown. In April 2009, the company opened The Motorcycle Store in Peoria, Arizona described as a Swift Motorcycles Dealer . Swift Motorcycle Company is still listing 10 dealers in the US for the sale of their motorcycles. For the March 27th sale, from 10am to 4pm at 3846 west Clarendon Ave, Phoenix, AZ, contact John at  623-688-6932 or  Matt at 702-521-1600

61 Responses to “Swift Motorcycles. Is It Over?”

1. 1 nightrain Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:09 am

ps matt and doug he took home first place in a show he went to only hang out at.

2. 2 Art Oct 24th, 2011 at 9:03 am

I have what I believe is a One Off frame from Swift. I don’t have any paperwork but I have a vin stamped in the frame. The first 3 letters are SGW. Can someone verify if this is a Swift vin?

3. 3 Marty Cathcart Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I bought the new Bar-chopper CSF Luxury misty blue skull design that was featured in Swift’s paintshop web page. Blew my back out ( at work) two weeks after the purchase,so I’Ve only put 300 miles on it, love the bike,very well balanced, full of power, handles like a dream,and turns heads where ever we go. Unlike some of my friends big-name bikes that are drive-side heavy, uncomfortable, and always wrenching on them. Next summer (health permitting) I’m going to put her in some shows, looking at some past winners , she should have a fair chance at placing. I hope none of these NIGHTMARE replies come my way, for the Swift dealership here has closed thier doors. Don’t have many miles on mine yet, she’s setting in the garage( while the wifes Caddy sets out in the snow) just waiting for miles to be put on her next summer.

4. 4 Grandad Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:07 pm

FYI We now have a new bike shop in Nelson New Zealand called American bobbers and they also have swift motorcycles name on there wall the owner is American and they have a new lucky strike on the flor for sale built in NZ and all there parts are imported in cotainers from states could they be conected or just cashing in on the name .
    cheers Grandad

5. 5 Double "D" Dec 13th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Have a ’01 Swift Punisher. 78K miles. Only issue is was gas tank crack at 12K miles and numerous electrical problems. I got the witring figured out mainly by eliminatomg stuff and saying the hell with the tac, turn signals and horn. If i had a running engine along with headlight and brake lights I figured what the hell. The problem was i called Swift to buy a new gas tank, they sent a truck to my house in California, picked up the bike. They brought it bakc to my house in a truck with a new tank installed. Good, right. No, they also rewired the bike. Now I had to go through the electrical issues all over again. Bike now has 86K on it, extended front end, new seat, rear fender with sissy bar, looks great runs great except i now am having issues with the starter. Still have thunderheart crap in it. Next week it is going to the shop and be properlly rewired. You may have seen this bike it was on the Swift web site for awhile, road it from So. Cal, to Banff Canada, dow through Idaho to Sturgis when I was in my mid fifty’s. I love this bike, it has more smiles per mile than any other bike I have ever owned. Norton 750 Commandi I had in late 60’s early 70′ is close second.

6. 6 hot rod Dec 27th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I have a 2001 punisher. Love the bike. As previously stated it’s a custom. They need tender loving care 0r at least looked at once in a while. The problems with transmissions is not swift they don’t build them they buy from baker. Bolts breaking and tanks coming loose with parts falling off means you need to do more than just put gas in it. Like the man said, maybe you should consider another means of transportation; like a bicycle. Not so many parts to fail and easy to fix. This could be your intro into more complicated things like motorcycles. No one likes trouble on the road but, most of what I’ve read here comes from lack of checking your equipment or not understanding it.

7. 7 hot rod Dec 27th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

8. 8 Tiny Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I’m thinking about purchasing a 2004 Swift Bar Chopper with 6900 miles. By reading some of the other comments, I’m wondering if anybody out there can help make a decision. it seems as if the reviews are mixed, but poor reviews are really bad. I know and understand motorcycles breakdown, however the motorcycle should be on the road more than in the shop?

9. 9 burnout Jan 28th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

All custom bikes have their idiosyncrasies. If you are not handy with tools find a mechanic who likes working with custom bikes and you will be fine. The average mileage on “Manufactured Custom” bikes was expected to only be 2500 miles. peace

10. 10 Dennis Jan 30th, 2012 at 2:37 am

I’ve got a 2007 Tormentor, 117 ci S&S , Hyd clutch and fwd brake failed, Transmission ate itself at 4,000 miles stranding me 100 miles in the middle of no where. replaced with a Baker 6 speed. rear brake failed, handle bar bushings failed, rear shocks cross threaded, bushings failed. Now i have a unique problem. After riding about 30 mins, and the motor gets hot, I stop at a light for a minute or so and take off and both exhaust pipes blow a huge clod of blue smoke….. there is oil residue in the tail pipes… now looking at tearing the engine apart to find the problem.. any one have a clue what might be causing this..??? ….. worn out spindle at 6,000 miles, Now it won’t turn on, I keep this thing in a garage too. Beautiful bike, don’t want to get rid of it, wish the rear was a 320 instead of 280, still looks great, but after this is all done and fixed properly , I have spent 18,000 dollars on fixing it . And thats after the initial purchase…… OMG. Thank god I have a Kawasaki Meanstreak to back it up. It’s a 10 year old bike and I’ve not had ONE problem with it. If any one out there knows what might be causing this smoke problem . please let me know. Thanks Dennis

11. 11 Dennis Jan 30th, 2012 at 2:40 am

Oh and by the way, I need an owners and repair manual, and a gas cap key, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dennis My e-mail is denislaug@comcast.net …… Thanks

x