The Long And Low Radical Pro-Street Custom Motorcycle Is Still Alive

Mike Bauer has a background in drag racing (NHRA series) and engine building. Logically, when he retired he wanted to build something able to go fast and burn rubber. Hence this radical pro-street bike that many have seen last January at the Charlotte Easyriders Show (Best Of Show) and last Saturday at the Daytona Rat’s Hole Show (1st place Radical class) with many more soon to read about it in the April issue of V-Twin Magazine. Due to the unexpected death of his building partner, It took Mike Bauer 20 months to complete this machine featuring some of the most high tech components of the after-market custom motorcycle industry. After electing for a 121 ” TP Engineering motor, and a monster rear rubber, Mike had no choice but to run a right side drive with a RSD Baker 6-speed and chose a sanitary look all over: no rotors, no visible brakes on the wheels but a transmission brake, no controls on the bars, concealed cables and wiring and loud pipes from Seranno Designs. Mike Bauer Customs.

9 Responses to “The Long And Low Radical Pro-Street Custom Motorcycle Is Still Alive”

1. 1 Boss Hawg Mar 10th, 2010 at 8:35 am

Great article…Gotta agree…I love the ProStreet look myself and will be building another bike shortly just as soon as I can sell the ProStreet I have now or strip it down for the power-train, etc….

Boss Hawg

2. 2 maroco Mar 10th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Very nice bike, and the 360brake, at the front wheel loocks nice to.

3. 3 Manhattan Choppers Mar 10th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Swweeeetttt

4. 4 Joe Skonecki Mar 11th, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Beautiful!
    I Love to ride low and fast.

5. 5 Bigalyts Mar 11th, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Great looking Bike, I love to ride low and fast as well, but i got to have Reverse Horse Power, and a 360 brake up front is probably not enough R. Hp!

6. 6 MDSPHOTO Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I saw this bike at the Charlotte show and you really have to see it in person to fully appreciate the workmanship and paint. I have a long pro-street just like this ready to go to paint. Hope to enter it in the Charlotte show next year.

7. 7 Jeff & Robbie Mar 15th, 2010 at 11:59 am

Great project!… long live Pro-Street.

8. 8 kevin blanchard Apr 2nd, 2010 at 7:38 pm

hey can you tell me where you got that top shield thing that covers the primary belt? I really dont want it to protect anything I have a boring BDL and I just want to jaz things up a bit? thanks “title of liberty” bike

9. 9 Mike Bauer Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:54 am

I made the belt guard . . . I also just wanted to add a little ‘bling’ . . . . it’s made out of five pieces of 1/2″ round bar and then the bracket to the foot peg. Found a mirror that had the same shape . . . . just lucky there!

Crusher