Radical Spanish Chopper

Sometimes, looking in my digital files, I find a motorcycle that I forgot to feature when it appeared on the custom scene. This one last year at he AMD World Championship Of Bike Building. Not my style, but some of you like the “radical over the top” look. What will surprise you is that it is was built in Madrid, Spain by a shop called Team Sable using a 1971 Harley-Davidson Shovelhead platform! How strange, like the name. It’s called Barro (Mud!) although it doesn’t fit the profile of dirt track racing. (picture HRF)

12 Responses to “Radical Spanish Chopper”

1. 1 Dave Blevins Mar 30th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I can appreciate that someone worked very hard to make this bike and I’m not crapping on it… but absolutetly nothing about it suits my taste.

To each his own, I’m sure its owner loves it.

2. 2 nicker Mar 30th, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Nice Lines.

-nicker-

3. 3 jatinder pal Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:04 am

i agree with dave,remember there r no rules in customizing.Its the freedom of expression,make ur bike as u love it.Its as simple as that.

4. 4 Neil Mar 31st, 2010 at 5:38 am

This bike was never at the World Championship. Cyril probably got confused sorting through Horst’s 100 million photos, but it was at last year’s European Championship in Mainz where it finished in 28th place.

5. 5 Alystar McKenneh Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:33 am

I think it’s quite beautiful!

6. 6 maroco Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Team Sable from Spain also build a bike called (The Paisa), they win at Faro event 2009 (MC.Faro).
    I like this crazy motorcycles, the unique problem is the Kg. but for this the bike have also a Turbo.

7. 7 The Producer Mar 31st, 2010 at 2:08 pm

This reminds me of something out of a Sci Fi movie maybe the Alien in the Alien movies. Kind of like the inside of the cave in 1st movie. It is other worldy to be sure: 1 part serpant 1 part insect 1 part machine.

Overall it is striking.

The producer

8. 8 Jeff Nicklus Apr 1st, 2010 at 3:18 pm

In my humble opinion ….. it is butt ugly! Sorry!

Over & Out,

Jeff

9. 9 Wikked Steel Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I think it’s pretty freakin’ awesome. Great lines, great detail.

10. 10 scooter Apr 3rd, 2010 at 2:26 am

The main difference of this straightforward bicycle from other conventional bicycles is the bulky, bike type tires. Riding the bicycle is a fun experience but the rider should be careful when driving since there was no indication about the brakes so far.

11. 11 Rough Rider Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:38 am

I think you need to stick to yellow rice and chicken, now that’s some good shit..
    Nuff Said