Custom Chrome 40th Anniversary Speedway Harley Bagger

As I reported before, this Harley Bagger is one of the 2 customs that Custom Chrome commissioned to celebrate its 40th Anniversary. Built by Kirk Taylor from Custom Design Studios, I had the opportunity to check it out while I was at the Dealers Expo in San Jose, CA. This bike showcases what can be done with a little bit of hard work and of course after doing some shopping in the Custom Chrome catalog. For a few added tricks and a paint job, you will have to contact Kirk…

To help you find your way inside the very thick Custom Chrome Catalog, follows a partial list of what your dealer should order: CCI/Paul Yaffe Stretched gas tank for touring models, BDL 2″ Shorty Open Belt Drive for touring models, Super Trapp 2 into 1 SuperMeg Black Exhaust System, Legend L7 Air Suspension Kit, RevTech Chassis Stabilizer, Dakota Digital Red Readout Gauge Kit, Accutonix Night Series Forward Controls, CDS “Cool Unit” Velocity Stack and Adapter, RevTech Wheels Midnight Series SpeedStar (front, 23 x 3.50″ & rear 16 x 3.50″), RevTech Midnight Series hubs and rotors, Avon AV71 130/60/23 front tire, Avon AM41 140/90/16″ rear tire, etc. Custom Design Studios (photography copyright Michael Lichter)

16 Responses to “Custom Chrome 40th Anniversary Speedway Harley Bagger”

1. 1 Bub Apr 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am

If it only had a 30″ front wheel….

2. 2 ian Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:21 am

..if only it didnt have a stretched tank and no front mudguard…..

3. 3 golfish Apr 2nd, 2010 at 1:05 pm

what’s with all the asian, I mean HD, I mean RevTech parts?

4. 4 golfish Apr 2nd, 2010 at 3:54 pm

CCI, I stand corrected, I think….who’s goldfish?

5. 5 gabehcuoD Apr 3rd, 2010 at 10:25 am

GOOD JOB KIRK !!……… your buddy from the south

6. 6 ROCKSTAR Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:19 am

the Yamaha speed block paint job looks great! i like it.

7. 7 Rider2 Apr 4th, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Gee, enough of this bike already…. we get it, CCI built a bagger. Drag builds 3 or 4 bikes every year and Bikers Choice does the same. It’s the 5th time at least we read about the CCI anniversary.

8. 8 jatinder pal Apr 5th, 2010 at 12:33 am

Its nice looking bagger……

9. 9 Jesse Apr 5th, 2010 at 1:09 am

Wow! Really great bagger.

10. 10 busfreak Apr 5th, 2010 at 5:43 am

I striping looks like reflective tape. It looks great on trailers but on a bike.

11. 11 WT Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:27 am

Add one more set of lights out the back and it could pass for a Goldwing.

Nothing too exciting here.

12. 12 Mick Chadwick- Custom Cruisers.com Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:11 am

FBI far better !! or Kendals bikes- no use in europe- it rains! no front guard just dont work-too.

13. 13 JK Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:47 am

That’s the best they can do??? Its no better than an FBI bike, sorry. I don’t care for either of them.

14. 14 Patrick Jansen Apr 5th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Kirk did a great job building a bike using parts out of the CCI catalog. It is a fine example of what can be done using readily available parts for a cost far below what most of the other companies mentioned charge for their wares. Great parts mind you, but not the intent of this build.

15. 15 JP@MyEvilTwinChoppers Apr 7th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Kirk is an AMAZING and sometimes overlooked builder. This is just a small example of his work and I think its bitchen. You can tell by all of his work that he pours his heart and soul into EVERYTHING he does. I’m still amazed at the craftsmanship that he put into building James Hetfields “Widowmaker” and the Johnny Cash “Bucket Of Blood bike. I think its cool that Custom Chrome asked him to build the 40th anniversary bike and I can’t wait to see whats next. Fuckin-A! Give um hell Kirk!

16. 16 cwglide Apr 12th, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Reflective tape, funny Bus, but Kirk makes it work. He did a great job as expected. He is one of those builders that comes up with something unique with each one of his creations. I like the front end lower powdercoated leg with chrome covers, and the primary. Great job Kirk!!!, and CCI!!