Become A Harley-Davidson Insider. Price $3000.

Harley-Davidson is looking for 20 enthusiasts or  curiosity-seekers who would like to feel like Harley insiders during a 5-day “Fantasy Camp” from June 21 to 25, 2010. The  Harley-Davidson Fantasy Camp is a new exclusive behind-the-scenes Harley-Davidson experience allowing you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in Harley-Davidson history, to gain access to the building where bikes are designed, styled and manufactured, even to ride with Harley-Davidson executives. So, for $3000 what will you get?

Special guided tours of the Harley-Davidson Museum® including an in-depth look at the archives collection. Discover historic Harley-Davidson sites during a never-before-offered city tour of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Get in to the access-restricted Harley-Davidson Product Development Center (PDC), where motorcycle prototypes are designed, styled and engineered. Learn how Harley-Davidson V-Twin engines work from a Harley-Davidson University instructor. Bond with a Harley-Davidson Motor Company executive while riding through Milwaukee’s countryside. Experience must-do Milwaukee activities like enjoy a Brewer’s game from the exclusive Harley-Davidson Deck and check out Summerfest from the private Harley-Davidson Roadhouse. Share daily meals with Harley-Davidson staff and other H-D Fantasy Campers. Chronicle the trip with plenty of opportunities for photos.

Are included, hotel, food, and transportation to all destinations (including motorcycles for the ride) and exclusive access to areas not available to the public. To enroll in the Harley-Davidson Fantasy Camp, call the Harley-Davidson Museum Group Tours Coordinator at 414-287-2799 (photography copyright Harley-Davidson)

20 Responses to “Become A Harley-Davidson Insider. Price $3000.”

1. 1 Rockstar Apr 18th, 2010 at 5:34 am

LMFAO

2. 2 Woody Apr 18th, 2010 at 6:41 am

Do we get matching tee shirts? I’d love to see this kind of creative energy used elsewhere in the Company.

3. 3 freedomlaw Apr 18th, 2010 at 7:14 am

My guess is that this is an ALPHA test. Years ago I did something similar in my profession, and the company later became a “national college” for career training. The point is that a group is chosen at a modest price point, the company gets an idea whether there is demand, and gets feedback from the alpha group. Actually, a good marketing idea with one flaw: the group most likely to respond are Harley Davidson fanatics/fans rather than persons who are motorcycle enthusiasts but sit on the fence on the issue of whether Harley Davidson is a great product, or an overpriced, under-modern product.

By the way, I have two Harleys that I really enjoy, but I think that most of their t-shirts and paraphernalia are godawful.

4. 4 Dr Robert Harms Apr 18th, 2010 at 7:19 am

Over and above the fantasy camp silliness of “bonding ” with ” an executive” I don’t understand the payoff . 20 people @ 3000 is $60,000 gross and considerably less net with expenses and personnel. Where is the financial pay off for HD ?. Id love to be a dues paying groupie (NOT)

5. 5 bikerspaceman Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:30 am

$3000 th have smoke blown up your ass by H-D management! Wish I had a job…LOL!Maybe for $5000 they could come to your house for a sleepover!

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Apr 18th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

OMG ……

Over & Out,

Jeff

7. 7 burnout Apr 18th, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Wonder if I can get credit for the thousands I have already spent with the Co? peace

8. 8 1550tc Apr 19th, 2010 at 12:00 am

that number should have be

call the Harley-Davidson Museum Group Tours Coordinator at 1800 gatalife

Once Thrump gets wind of this he will probaly be doing it and charging 50K

Hasnt, Lurch/Anthony Robbins been doing these groupie seminars for years??

9. 9 Brad Pity Apr 19th, 2010 at 6:51 am

The Moco Morons would be choking on their “lunch” after getting an earful from me on what’s wrong with their computerized, catylized, TBWized, Chinaized, overpricized barges. WTF’s next? A Harley clothing line? A national association of Harley riders? “Hey, Mr. Executive Bean Counting Jackass, good move killing the 20% parts discount for us blue collar guys that kept you in biz all these years!”

10. 10 Joe Mielke Apr 19th, 2010 at 8:10 am

I have to admit, I’d enjoy five days of just checking stuff out. I’m not going to lie to ya.

However, If Harley would really like to build hype and get back some owner loyalty they should give away 20 of their “Fancy Camps” to 20 lucky new harley buyers every year. That would be nice of them.

Peace
    Joe

11. 11 Curt! Apr 19th, 2010 at 8:50 am

The article has me wondering whether people who take the bait on this will be required to sign a non-disclosure statement. HD has always protected it’s R&D projects. Now, if you let members of the general public into the “inner sanctum” what’s going to keep a member of the press from taking the tour and letting everyone on on the big secret? My guess is that peopl on the tour will have very little access to anything HD doesn’t want everyone to know.

12. 12 4Cammer Apr 19th, 2010 at 9:33 am

“Bond with a Harley-Davidson Motor Company executive while riding through Milwaukee’s countryside. ”

Can I ride with that fella from Johnson Controls? Doubt he could keep up with me…does he even ride?

13. 13 jsdiamond Apr 19th, 2010 at 11:43 am

Okay, on the surface this “insider” thing might seem funny. But it’s not so bad. Think back to that silly Dark Custom marketing fiasco and this seems positively okay.

14. 14 sidewinder Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

“Bonding with an exective!”. Thanks Cyril I needed laugh today. If this is what an “insider” (ie:executive) does at Harley does i now see why they are in such bad shape. Museum tour, a ride, concert, baseball, & how a v-twin works. Is this for real?

15. 15 fuji Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:27 pm

As I write this in late April our garden is filled with the scent of flowering honey-suckle and the first yellow roses are out as the lilac dies away. The Japanese tea-house in which I write has the memories of rich incense which we have burnt and the aroma of green tea. This evening the smell of onions and tandoori chicken will fill our house.

I could only assume that a tour through the heavenly halls of Harley Davidson would only conjure up memories of child hood dreams of the want of a motorcycle.

Humans are almost defined by their ability to articulate and interpret sound, particularly through the sound of a Harley Davidson engine. Remove our vocal chords and we would never have flourished at all. The variations and importance of languages through Harley history is immense.

Two of the forms in which sound has given me particular pleasure is motorcycles and industrial machinery firmly implanted in the soil of a Midwestern city such as Milwaukee.

If you can’t handle all of this BS how are you going to handle spending 3000 big ones for the same mind game. its all “phcologicle plcibo”

16. 16 fuji Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

As one learns this world is far from being perfect but highly influential with persuasive feel good thoughts. “psychological placebo” LOL

17. 17 TBear Apr 19th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

So, for $3000 what will you get?????
    Hemroids and a wet fish handshake.
    Shit for 3K you can come to Upstate NY and ride with me

18. 18 Boss Hawg Apr 21st, 2010 at 8:17 am

For $3k I would rather spend 8 seconds riding with Jeff down the 1/4 mile track.

Boss Hawg

19. 19 Jeff Nicklus Apr 21st, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Boss,

We are in the 6:70s’ now … so the trip price has gone up! Naturally, with your “friend” discount the trip is free!

Over & Out,

Jeff

20. 20 Ax Apr 23rd, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Some of you guys sound like you’d really rather be on the Honda Blog.
    I’m as disgusted as anyone at how they’ve screwed up the big things like the Twin Cam engine, the six speed tranny, hiring a non-biker CEO, and the design of the first Dyna frame, but hate the t-shirts? hate the Dark Custom stuff (a highly successful marketing campaign based on badly needed blacked-out as opposed to over-chromed bikes)? If you hate every single thing about Harley-Davidson you need to go back to playing golf on the weekends or something.
    If I was rich, I’d love to see all the ins and outs of Harley-Davidson. They wouldn’t like a lot of what I had to say about some of the things they’ve done in the last twenty years, but I still root for the company to succeed. I still love the look, feel, sound, and soul of the bikes.