X-Rod Custom Sport.

The story of this new V-Rod based custom motorcycle by well known French Custom Builder Bertrand “Pikasso” Dubet is an odyssey started with a vision of what could be a modern 2 wheeler born from the indefinite design options calculated by a CAD software program. And of course, it’s not about producing beautiful and colorful digital renderings to hang on your office wall, or even about winning the most sought after show bike trophy (although it doesn’t hurt), but about materializing basic concepts into a feasible, reliable machine pleasing both the eye and the rider.  As a matter of fact, Bertrand Dubet intends to sell the full rolling chassis and a complete limited edition of this new and just completed X-Rod Custom Sport model. Lots of options are available.

I will pass on the complications of this build – CAD programs don’t make mathematical mistakes, but can’t anticipate all real life issues – and will just give you below the shortened tech sheet version of this beautiful, innovative and powerful looking V-Rod Sport Bike.

Steel frame (with mono swingarm) was setup at a reasonable 38-degree rake, a low seat height of 24″ and a short 68″ wheelbase. Gas tank and fenders are carbon fiber. Powertrain is the stock VRSC 69″ engine with electronic sequential port fuel injection with a 11.3:1 compression ratio producing 80 ft at 7000 rpm. Suspension comes from a GCB inverted front end and a swingarm moving via a Fournales active mono shock. Wheels (3.5″ x 18 in front and 10.5 x 18 in rear) are the model Wrath from Performance Machine respectively  dressed with Avon 120 x 18″  and Avon 300 x 18″. Both brakes are also from PM (6-piston front, 4-piston rear).

The X-Rod Custom Sport is making the trip to Sturgis. No way you can miss it if you are in South Dakota in August.

So, after seeing it  (will be exhibited at the AMD World Championship Of Bike Building), introduce yourself to Bertrand  and he will answer all your questions…yes in English. More on this project at: X-Rod Custom Sport and Odyssey Motorcycles. (pictures HRF)

24 Responses to “X-Rod Custom Sport.”

1. 1 Eric Zensky. May 24th, 2010 at 8:01 am

Soon to be copied by Harley!

2. 2 Jeremy May 24th, 2010 at 8:04 am

Like the exhaust exit near the rear fender. But will it melt it?

3. 3 Gerry M. May 24th, 2010 at 8:27 am

Nice beast.

4. 4 grayhawk May 24th, 2010 at 8:38 am

Really nice from tree encompassing light back. Would druther a 200mm rear but just me, have been thru car tire to massive radiused just have settled back in with a 190/200 ride mindset but again just my pref. Like what looks to be an equalizing expansion chamber tucked in kinda pricipal like 20’s HD or even a frontal Villiers chamber concept then branch to exhaust. Very nice and very unique web site makeup an open book if you will. We’re you guys hiding the NOS option?. Picture Looks like guys that enjoy what their doing and proud of it, no posing there. Hope it does well.

5. 5 Seven May 24th, 2010 at 9:16 am

I almost pass by Odyssey’s home weekly along the RN 20.

I have been waiting for pics of this bike since I saw the info and sketches on their site.I liked the concept then.

Nice work guys, it looks great. Though I would have gone with a slightly smaller rear too. I will have to pop by one day and say hi.

6. 6 BigAl May 24th, 2010 at 9:18 am

Wow ! That’s where the V-Rod should be moving! The V-Rod is worth the investment in making the Model branch out from it’s original introduction. The Bike is and will work much better with a realstic 200 tire, as grayhawk said. I think making the Bike (V-Rod) a Vehicle to fit a Person above 5’10” would also be a real good idea. The other Characteristic that need to work is to do different price points with the Bike. I believe $30,000 would be the END of the RAINBOW for the Bike. I think that if there is a semi-sport looking Bike for $13-$15 grand encompassing the V-Rod, you will bring some market share of the 20-35 Crew. I know the Bike (V_Rod) had one from the beginning (over paid) and I did a few things to the Bike that wasn’t seen or heard of till 1-2 years later. The Engine is Dynomite, the Frame is Built for a Jockey . “FRENCHY if you are trying to market the Bike for more than $30,000 US Dollars……….FORGETABOUTIT………

7. 7 GRIP ACE - DIGITAL SWITCHES May 24th, 2010 at 9:51 am

Nice Concepts

8. 8 Steve Stringer May 24th, 2010 at 10:13 am

In English terms, Thats the Bollocks !

Tell me when I can have one, Had an early Vmax, frightend my self to death the first time I rode it, loved it for 4 years, ready to experiace White Knuckles again

9. 9 fuji May 24th, 2010 at 11:56 am

grayhawk

Picture Looks like guys that enjoy what their doing and proud of it, [ no posing there. ]
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————————–
    Great comment.

A smile goes a long way.

An attitude or pretence of one goes nowhere.

The part of motorcycling that I will never understand.

Great looking ride and the bike is pointed in the right direction

10. 10 maroco May 24th, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Top motorcycle, i also like very much “Anima” very special motorcycle.

11. 11 nicker May 24th, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Great idea,
    And well finished.
    Thanks for the link.

-nicker-

12. 12 Rider2 May 24th, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Very nice bike…Would have been great to see this in production but I bet the price is pretty high.

13. 13 Antonio May 25th, 2010 at 6:36 am

well done berto and crew! as always you come up with something elegant, well built and beautiful

14. 14 Rider2 May 25th, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Apparently parts of my comment were “erased”. As I was saying…

A very nice bike but this is old news… this project is at least 6 years old. Would have been great to see this in production but i bet the price is pretty high.

15. 15 Bertrand Dubet May 26th, 2010 at 9:47 am

Finished this bike 4 years ago and my ex partner put me into court claiming that the bike belonged to him.
    The trial lasted four years and finally I won and I just retrieved the X-ROD! ! ! shame to have lost all that time for nothing, while we were extremely ahead of this trend (maybe too much??) Best regards. Bertrand

16. 16 cwglide May 26th, 2010 at 10:59 am

One of the best concepts iv’e seen of a V-Rod. Kinda sport custom look. I like how you did the radiator and the cawling peice that distracts you from the radiator. Nice touch! The contour of the tailight how its integrated with the fendor. I have to ask how is the handling with that fat tire? Does it lean into the turns? I would love to see a touring model concept of the V-Rod. But this is very nice indeed!

17. 17 gustian May 26th, 2010 at 11:00 am

Never too late for anything Bertrand !

Maybe 4 years ago, the world wasn’t ready yet for this concept. Now it surely is……

Nice bike, verry nice bike !!!!!!

Peace Gustian

18. 18 jatinder pal May 27th, 2010 at 3:06 am

This is a sick bike….they just had not put a obese 300 tire on back,240 would had looked good.

The fit and finish,design and selection of parts is good.

19. 19 Bertrand May 27th, 2010 at 9:50 am

We use the 300 tyre to have room for the two carbon muffler ( looking like a rear fender ) & a rear light , the 200 tyre is too thin for that .
    Thank you for all your comment ! ! !

20. 20 v-rod fan Jun 16th, 2010 at 8:44 am

Dubet said he’d have marketized the xrod kit since 2006 (first yelllow xrod debut) but he never, ever did…so let’s still wait and see…

21. 21 LuxTwin Jun 17th, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Great work with a fantastic power-plant.
    A bit radical for Harley to copy and mass produce, the V-Rod is relatively radical to begin with, besides that, Harley leaves the copying to everyone else, overseas and in the states !!

22. 22 jex kerker Mar 4th, 2011 at 11:11 am

wooowwww…

1. 1 Tweets that mention X-Rod Custom Sport. at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on May 25th, 2010 at 2:32 am
  2. 2 X-Rod Custom Sport | Dubai Bikers Pingback on Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:09 am