Klock Werks Kustom Cycles In Muddy Waters

In the early morning hours of June 11, Mitchell, South Dakota had over four inches of rain and the Klock Werks Kustom Cycles motorcycle shop building experienced extensive flooding.  At the current time, their phone systems and computer systems are down.

So, while they focus on the clean up and drying out, you are more than welcome to go on their website to place an order or email in with any questions. Any orders placed on the website June 11-13 will be shipped on Monday June 14, subject to inventory availability.

25 Responses to “Klock Werks Kustom Cycles In Muddy Waters”

1. 1 burnout Jun 11th, 2010 at 11:49 am

Man what a bummer!!! I wish I was closer to them to help with the cleanup! Dang. Good luck to em! peace

2. 2 maroco Jun 11th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Hope they can solve the problem fast.

3. 3 Manhattan Choppers Jun 11th, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Bummer,all the best in your recovery.

4. 4 Bill Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Sorry to hear this happened to them. They seem like really good people.

5. 5 steveb Jun 11th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

oh man, does that suck- good luck on a speedy recovery

6. 6 LCFab Jun 12th, 2010 at 4:22 am

More Than good people, great people…I know that they are taken care of, so this will simply be a minor setback for them, good luck with the cleanup, if theres anything I can do from VA let me know!

7. 7 Dale Jun 12th, 2010 at 6:32 am

Hang in there Brian and crew. Speedy recovery to you!

8. 8 Rogue Jun 12th, 2010 at 7:52 am

Brian
    I am sorry to hear about what has happend.
    God Speed in the clean up.

9. 9 Steve 'brewdude' Garn Jun 12th, 2010 at 8:17 am

So sorry for them. I had over 2′ of water in my shop years ago when Hugo flooded the area. The silty mud still to this day shows up in the interior. Wish them the very best!

10. 10 Pepper Massey Jun 12th, 2010 at 9:58 am

Sad news, and I think we are expected to have more rain throughout the weekend. Sending good thoughts for a quick resolution to this dreadful situation to Brian and Laura and their family and staff.

11. 11 Peter "PEDRO" Baldwin Jun 12th, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Not good to hear. Wishing the Klock Werks crew all the best from your Aussie Distributor. Great People & Great Products. I’m sure you guys will bounce back bigger & better than before.

12. 12 Doc Robinson Jun 12th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Thoughts are with you guys.

13. 13 Sasha Jun 12th, 2010 at 8:55 pm

OMG! I’m sorry to hear this dear ones. Flooding is sooooo scary. Thank God it wasn’t any higher. Any type of flooding is just scary…water is powerful. Brian and Laura are both such strong leaders and with divine hearts and fortitude they will power through.

14. 14 Bigal Jun 12th, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Are You Crazy, Looks likw a great oppertunity, in those photo’s. Lay those Bikes down sideways, make sure there is a little water in those Motors and maybe a little water on the Electrical Systems under the seats. “The Insurance Company is always the highest Buyer”! Now it is time to Build some new Inventory or not. It’s funny how some Folk’s look at a Picture and see the Glass half Full and when I look at that picture I see a New Glass, with Champagne in it, filled up to the top.!

15. 15 Vamartha Jun 13th, 2010 at 7:20 am

And I thank your sorry ass Bigal every time I sign the ever increasing premium check to the insurance company.

16. 16 CROCKER MOTORCYCLE Michael Schacht Jun 13th, 2010 at 11:19 am

Speedy recovery!

17. 17 Brian Klock Jun 13th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Bikes were fine, no damage to any motors, and definitely not interested in any insurance scam. Thanks to all of you for the support, texts, and calls. We are sorting through the inventory, the roof was affected by the high winds and took on more water Saturday morning with added rains, more on tap for tonight (Sunday). So right Brewdude, the silt is everywhere!
    Our team responded amazingly and we have cut the bases on the walls letting them dry, all bikes have been relocated and its time for a good nights sleep, back to cleaning and repair on Monday, thanks again to all of you, so glad to be part of such incredible camaraderie. Motorcycles forever, god bless.

The whole Klock Werks team thanks you all.

18. 18 jatinder pal Jun 14th, 2010 at 1:48 am

Brian is a great guy,his work is very fine.
    Hope his team bounce back fast.
    Goodluck.

19. 19 gustian Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:25 am

I wish you a soon recovery of this sad situation.

I only know Brian and his team from the things I read about him in the magazines, but he seems to me a good guy with a “no bad ass” attitude, always a smile on his face and a serious craftsman.

All the best from Belgium.

Peace Gustian

20. 20 Christi Kapp Jun 14th, 2010 at 8:59 am

Brian – glad you are all ok and I don’t envy the cleanup – but if anyone can bounce back quickly it’s your awesome team! Christi

21. 21 Drew Gatewood Jun 14th, 2010 at 9:50 am

Hello Klock Family,
    WOW, that certainly is a mess. I guess, be thankful that there were no injuries, as in other parts of the country.
    Jas. 1:12

See ya on the salt
    Drew

22. 22 Vagabond Chickie Jun 14th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

The Vagabond Crew send their love and respect with wishes, thoughts and prayers to this fantastic team- We love you all with all our hearts- Let us know what we can do- we went through it with hurricane Wilma and totally know what chaos water can cause.

23. 23 Bigal Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Brian, I don’t or ever suggest you me or anybody out there, scam the Insurance Company or anybody for that matter. I just simply meant that If there was a way to make an “Act of God” as they call it in the Insurance business; work on your side that Sometimes God can help you “Catch up”.
    PS. Ask Cyrill about the Insurance Industry make us Floridian’s that live in the Western Counties buy Flood Insurance for No reason at all . They make this Insurance mandatory .. Flood Insurance cost about $250- $300 per year.X 30 Years = about $11,000 plus interest. And Vamartha, by the way Your High Premiums are based on your Record: not the Victum’s………………..

24. 24 live2rideaglide Jun 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am

Hey guys. Man those pictures make me sick. I hate this for you guys. Been through fire and aftermath cleanup and it aint no fun. Guys if I was closer Id come and help clean up. Best wishes for you all. Klock Werks stuff is always way cool. Gliding and caring. Rick

25. 25 trish Jun 17th, 2010 at 7:30 am

Hey Klockwerks crew: you have our support – anything we can do to help out just let us know!

-Trish and the Baker guys