The new Cobra for Harley-Davidson touring motorcycles from Avon Motorcycle Tyres North America is available now.

The new Cobra has been designed to sustain heavier loads over long distances as a result of a triple-belted, six-ply construction. For improved handling and stability, the new Cobra utilizes an advanced sport touring tire technology with a solid rubber block tread design that virtually eliminates irregular wear and also extends tire life. For improved reliability and responsiveness when braking in wet conditions, the new Cobra features an Inverted Front Groove (IFG) tread design, while the unique “snakeskin” sidewall design delivers the ultimate style.

Please refer to Cobra AV71 Front, part number 4710019, size 130/80B17 and Cobra AV72 Rear, size 180/65B16, part number 4700022. For more information, visit Avon Motorcycle Tyres  or call (800) 624-7470

9 Responses to “Avon Motorcycle Tyres Introduces Cobra Fitments For 2009-2010 Harley-Davidson Touring Models”

1. 1 John Curtis Jun 25th, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Avon is the best.

2. 2 Lance Dickwood Jun 25th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

>>the new Cobra utilizes an advanced sport touring tire technology with a solid rubber block tread design that virtually eliminates irregular wear and also extends tire life<<

The tough part of coming up with a new tire is finding some Madison Avenue hack that can write a convoluted blurb that sounds both cool & scientific. It's just freaking rubber . . .

3. 3 Bigal Jun 26th, 2010 at 9:21 am

If. If the they grip better in the rain they are he Tire to have. f they come with Longer Life that is just another plus. The 6 Belts are the other very important factor in Braking and handling.

4. 4 martin Jun 26th, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I have those same tires on my Ness production bike and they hold the road like no other I have rode on,I’ve been riding legally for 48 years and this is a great tire…Martin

5. 5 tyres4less Jun 27th, 2010 at 8:16 am

Highly overpriced tires. If I put Fullbore M66 tires on your bike and you didn’t know it, you would rave about them too. I have test the hell out of these and can no longer justify paying the big name prices. Wake up boys, you are being taken for a ride!

6. 6 bean're Jun 28th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

If there are as good as my Avon Venom then they have done well. My Venom has last longer then any tire I have ran and that is amazing seeing what I put a bike through!

7. 7 dragon Jun 29th, 2010 at 9:18 am

i’m with bean’re on this one i run the venom on my softail and they put the other tires i have tryed to shame they stick in curves at 70 and 80 mph and i just love there ride keep up the good work avon

8. 8 Jeff Reid Jul 1st, 2010 at 12:44 am

I installed these on my ’09 Screamin Eagle Springer. They ride like a dream and have amazingly deep water channels. I have Venoms on my Big Dog and figured I’d try these when I only got 8500 miles out of the factory Dunlops. We’ll see!!

1. 1 Tweets that mention Avon Motorcycle Tyres Introduces Cobra Fitments For 2009-2010 Harley-Davidson Touring Models at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Jun 25th, 2010 at 2:54 pm
Crusher