Add-On Gear Position Indicator

This is the latest and improved version of the GIPRO-DS series gear position indicator. It can be installed on most bikes equipped with a diagnostic system connector. There are no buttons, no programming wires. The unit is fully automatic and works on a different principle than competitive products on the market. It reads the gear position information directly from the ECU, which makes it faster and more reliable than other gear indicators sold today.

To install it, you need to connect ONE plug only. No need to cut and splice wires and no need to access several connectors. It is supposed to be the smallest, most compact gear indicator available, while it has an extra bright, sunlight-viewable display. Available in red, blue, green, yellow and white (green & yellow not recommended unless the display will be mounted in a shaded location, avoiding direct sunlight.) 100% weatherproof and comes with a 2-year replacement warranty. Available for all Harley-Davidson models 2002 to 2010 (except V-rod) equipped with Delphi ignition module and many Japanese and English models. MSRP $149.90. Blue Monkey Motorsports.

11 Responses to “Add-On Gear Position Indicator”

1. 1 alan Sep 24th, 2010 at 3:28 pm

this is not new the suzuki have that in the 70″s

2. 2 SuperGlideSport Sep 24th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

How much more info do we need? I just like to ride and enjoy the scenery. Think about it, if we listen and shift according to engine and bike speed why do we have to know what gear we’re in? Like they say these days………..T.M.I.

3. 3 Dan Sep 24th, 2010 at 7:55 pm

my 82 suzuki that I bought for 150 bucks has one of these.. so for 10 cents more than the purchase price of the gear indicator, I got a free bike!!

4. 4 Harley Chug Sep 25th, 2010 at 10:20 am

Save your money and just read your tach !!

5. 5 Tim S. Sep 25th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I think this gear indicator would be helpfull for some one a Jockey or Sucide shifter. It would help them tell which gear there in because the use of your hand to shift is all together different from shifting with your foot.

6. 6 Todd8080 Sep 26th, 2010 at 1:20 am

The geek in me thinks this is a cool little gizmo but the motorcyclist in me thinks that if someone doesn’t even know what gear they’re in, maybe taking their eyes off the road is the last thing they need to be doing.

7. 7 T Sep 26th, 2010 at 7:49 am

Never had a problem counting 1 to 4
    But 4 to 1…………………?
    If they could add a D
    Sometimes I spend all day sitting in the driveway
    Revving the engine and going nowhere
    Should be a great help for the metric riders

8. 8 Branner Sep 27th, 2010 at 10:33 am

Tim S,

My bike has a jockey, and I would never put this on my bike. Just listen to your bike, it’ll tell you when to shift. Just more useless clutter if you ask me.

9. 9 dragon Sep 27th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

lets see ever bike i have been on has 1 down and 4 up u no 1-2-3-4-5unless it has six gears then it would be 1 down and 2–3-4-5-6 damn i new going to grammer school would pay off someday lmaorotf

10. 10 Greg Turley Sep 27th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Except that Baker has a transmission with neutral down with 1-2-3-4-5- up.

11. 11 Steve Sep 28th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I think you are all missing the point here… After years of riding, I still sometimes forget my gear.. especially on the twistys. I can see the use in this even though I hope we ca all count to at least ten. Come one, how may have you searched for that gear that wasn’t there.. uh huh exactly.