One of a Kind Real Tattoo Motorcycle Solo Seats

I am not talking about seats with tattoo designs, but REAL tattoos on genuine cowhide applied the same way you get a tattoo on your skin, with tattoo ink, electric machines with needles and green soap! Can’t be more authentic than that.

A great idea that I just discovered from a very good professional tattoo artist named Alex Higgins. And since he is a pro he can provide his own original designs or conceive your tattoo on leather the same way he creates tattoo on skin, just flowing your wish list. And if you wear tattoos, maybe it will be a great idea to match your seat to your skin. Just saying… See multiple examples of his original work at Electric Solos.

17 Responses to “One of a Kind Real Tattoo Motorcycle Solo Seats”

1. 1 Brandon Oct 3rd, 2010 at 7:39 am

Excellent new idea. Thanks.

2. 2 Greg Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:27 am

Is it tattooed when the seat is already done, or on leather before upholstery?

3. 3 Larry P. Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:11 am

How much for a tattoed seat like these 2?

4. 4 Irish Rose Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:03 am

While the designs are cool, I wonder how well the ink stays in the leather with continued use.

5. 5 JimC Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:23 am

Should last as long as if it was your own skin as leather is cow skin. Great idea and i believe the next seat I get will have this done.

6. 6 Martinez Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:25 am

All the tattoo guys and gals are going to steal this very good idea.

7. 7 Alex Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 am

Thank you all!
    All of the seats are tattooed flat, then sealed prior to being shaped. They withstand the rain, the sun, you would have to wear out the seat itself to wear out the tattoo!
    Contact me through alex@electricsolos.com and I’ll hook you up!
    Thanks again to Cyril and all of you!

(Martinez: Though inevitable, It will at least be difficult to steal. The leather has a special treatment applied to it in the tanning procedure specifically to hold the ink in it…otherwise, it’s next to impossible to pull off successfully…took me 10 years to get it right! Maybe I can be the “grandfather” of tattooed leather…)

8. 8 Geoff. Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Love this idea. My next seat…

9. 9 Choppy Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:04 pm

So, after the hide is tattoed, do you do the seat? or we have to go to an upholstery shop to have the pan covered?

10. 10 Alex Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Yes, Choppy, I handle that end and mount them onto West Eagle pans. The seats and pads are completely finished, then shipped to you ready and raring to be put on a build.

11. 11 Jeff Nicklus Oct 3rd, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Very Cool! Talk about a One-Off Item!

Over & Out,

Jeff

12. 12 Alex Oct 3rd, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I would like to say thank you for the emails, really excellent! Would like to clear up some confusion though…the seats and pads for sale are the ones on the website. Each one takes a great deal of time, so I am only putting my designs on them…no custom orders at this time (I have to tattoo other people’s designs every day at work). Thank you so much again!

13. 13 Bigalyts@aol.com Oct 3rd, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Nice looking for the right Bike. Just because you have a solo, maybe not the Theme of the Bike, even though Tatoo’s are their the Theme. Was wondering about Theft. If they are that expensive. Alex, you never quite said. Shit if Thiefs are out there stealing Catatlytic Converters, these would be a CLEAN THEFT! Hey just think the Seats could end up on “America’s Most Wanted” ! John Welch could be out looking for the PSYCHO Seat Thief!

14. 14 The Biker Web Oct 4th, 2010 at 10:42 am

NICE!

Would love to try this out too…

15. 15 maroco Oct 5th, 2010 at 6:00 am

Great idea looks fantastic, and maybe mix engraved and tattooed, looks fine too.

16. 16 jatinder pal Oct 8th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

This is good man…true innovation.

1. 1 Tweets that mention One of a Kind Real Tattoo Motorcycle Solo Seats at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:56 am