Biketoberfest. Rat’s Hole Show Is Saturday October 16, 2010.

The Rat’s Hole 18th Annual Biketoberfest Custom Bike Show will be back at Daytona Lagoon Water Park, next to the parking garage on Earl Street, Daytona Beach. It’s the best location in town for a bike show and I am glad that we can park safely…after paying big bucks to the city.

The all-day show will feature 22 classes of motorcycles, Good Times MC Radical Randy, the usual tattoo contests and Rat’s Mates to pose on your custom bike. To register a bike, jump to Rat’s Hole Show.

19 Responses to “Biketoberfest. Rat’s Hole Show Is Saturday October 16, 2010.”

1. 1 My Bikers World Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:08 am

This is really great event! Thanks for sharing, Huze! I start packing my saddlebags for attending that great party with sea of beer!

2. 2 martin Twofeather Oct 12th, 2010 at 10:10 am

Thank you Cyril,and thanks Ted see you there..

3. 3 Wikked Steel Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

So happy to be back at the Lagoon. It’s a great location for a bike show and ends the misery of parking and getting bikes in and out of Destination Daytona. Not to mention how bad the bikes look in the gloom of the covered parking garage at Rossmeyer’s where they don’t even turn on the lights!

See you there!

4. 4 WINSTONBUCKLES Oct 15th, 2010 at 9:32 pm

A super busy year for us so only two days ago we found out the “Rat” has returned to the Blue Lagoon’s wonderful atmosphere. Ditto all the comments by Wikked Steel about the last show at Rossmeyer’s “dungeon”. I just got in from a half a day of polishing up the bike and will be there bright and early tomorrow morning to enter with our donation. Congratulation Ted on getting the Lagoon back for the show. All the best, Winston

5. 5 bill Oct 16th, 2010 at 7:54 pm

A decent show, but was expecting more bikes. Not to whine, but many publications printed that admission was free ( not ), and there would be free goodies to the first 1000….. I doubt it got to 1000 people, and I was given a sticker ???? Interesting….. Just stopped by here hoping to see a list of winners, had a good time talking to the owners.

6. 6 Wikked Steel Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Very light turnout of bikes and spectators. There were more bikes at the Boardwalk Show on Friday.

7. 7 Wiz Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:35 am

What I wanta know is how the hell these guys get off using Ed Roth’s Rat Fink and everything he did. Who sold him out to these clowns. I get sick an’ pissed off everytime I see blatant rip-offs like this. It’s like Paulie Jr. putting someone else’s bike on his t-shirt. Ed Roth was a God and this is taking the Lord’s name in vain!! Wiz

8. 8 Tracey Fields Oct 22nd, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Just wanted to say a few things about the biketoberfest 2010 show.The bike that one the overall big cheese was pulled out five hours before the awards was givin out and comes to find out that the group that won it Thug cycles sponsored and donated the trophies for the event,So everyone wasted there day on saterday for a rigged show.I will not attend to any more Rats hole shows its a big waste of time THANKS

9. 9 Tony Massaro Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:21 pm

It has come to my attention that numerous emails and comments on Cyril Huze Blog, that the Rats Hole Custom Bike Show held at Biketoberfest this year was rigged. According to a comment on Cyril Huze Blog, the Best of Show was sponsored by Thug Cycles who won its class as well as Best of Show. Also, that the Thug Cycles custom bike left five hours before the trophy presentation. LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR, THE BEST OF SHOW TROPHY WAS SPONSORED BY INDIAN MOTORCYCLES OF DAYTONA BEACH, FL. The Rats Hole Custom Bike Show has never been sponsored by any independent bike builders that are in the show and never will be. The Best of Show trophy is not picked or judged by any Rats Hole International Judges or anyone affiliated with the show. The Best of Show is picked by a computer based on a percentage of all the scores. This makes it fair for any bike that is in the show. Just not the Radical or Super Radical classes where the total points to be scored is higher than in the other classes.

As to the comment the Best of Show bike was “pulled out 5 hours before the awards was given out”. Thug Cycles approached me and and asked me if they could leave to do a photo shoot for a magazine. I found out the class they were in was judged. If the class was not judged I would have given them the option of leaving and not being judged or staying and be judged. That determination would have been up to them. Since they were judged, they left to do the photo shoot. I have done this in the past because a photo shoot to be in a magazine is important to a lot of builders. We try to accommodate all bike builders. THEY DID NOT LEAVE 5 HOURS BEFORE THE TROPHIES, IT WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON AROUND 2:30 PM, a few hours before the awards.

All of what I state above can be checked out. The sponsorships name is on the trophy. I hope this clears up the gossip that is going around about this issue. It was started by people who don’t know their facts. It is really sad that some people never check the facts before they make a comment.

Respectively,

Tony Massaro
    Director of Judges
    Rats Hole Custom Bike Show

10. 10 Don Putnam Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Not saying anything bad about the judging of the show, I will keep my mouth shut on that. The entire show seems to have lost it’s foundation. Advertising is shot, a buddy of mine was called 7 times to make a payment that we always make at the show. Classes were combined to the stupid factor, they threw the kids 0-250 class in with 251-650 and 651-1000 class. They threw a tattoo and Bikini contest together at the last minute and it showed. The website is way behind on updates of past and future shows. Sorry to say but the people running this show will run it into the ground. It’s sad because this used to be a show of the best of the best. The best thing that could happen at this point is for the owners to sell the name and rights to some body that wants to run it correctly, not just out for the next buck.

11. 11 BD Oct 23rd, 2010 at 6:30 pm

You should keep your mouth shut Don.You have no idea what your talking about as far as the judging of the shows.I happen to know first hand how it is done.So don’t go asuming things you know nothing about.And by the way the only thing stupid here is YOU.

12. 12 Don Putnam Oct 24th, 2010 at 9:14 am

Uummmm BD, I didn’t say anything about the judging. Reread my post, maybe you didn’t understand it. I was stating my opinions on how the show is organized and how I feel it’s being mismanaged.

13. 13 Tony Massaro Oct 24th, 2010 at 1:42 pm

In response to some negative comments about the Rats Hole Custom Bike show this Biketoberfest.
    As usual certain people do not have their facts right. You talk without knowing what is really going on.
    To Don Putnam comment. (1) I will address the advertising first. The Rats Hole put up over 500 posters in the Daytona region, Some times the posters do not stay up to long because people take them. We advertised in major motorcycle magazines in Florida with full page adds. But, here is the sad part, the Daytona Beach Chamber of Commerce put out with a combination of 250,00 email blasts and booklets. In their email blast and booklets they had our show on Sunday the October 17 th, They did the same to Tropical Willes show, advertised his show on Friday October 15th. The Rats Hole show is always on the last Saturday and the Tropical Show is always on a Thursday. On Sunday we had numerous calls and emails asking what happened to the show. Many more bike would have been in the show if the Chamber of Commerce would have gotten their dates right.
    (2) The biggest problem for all shows is the economy. As you know or may not know that a lot of custom bike show promoters are going out of business around the country. Many bike builders that have built high price bikes or even medium price bikes are not building them in this terrible economy. Which means less bikes at shows. DON, you said in one of your emails that you heard the Boardwalk Show had twice as many bikes. Once again you don’t personally know. If you would have take the time to go to the Boardwalk show and counted the bikes like I did, you would have known that there were around 70 bikes in the show. We had around 80. That is not double.
    (3) The tattoo and bikini contest has been a part of the show for several years now. The plaques that were given out and made in advance . It was not a last minute decision.
    (4) You have a point on the web site. Our webmaster went out of business. We are trying to bring the site up to date as soon as possible.
    (5) HERE IS THE BIG ONE DON. YOU HAD A BIKE IN THE 1 to1000 CLASS. COULD IT BE YOU ARE A LITTLE PISSED OFF BECAUSE OF THE PLACE YOU CAME IN? WHY DON’T YOU BUY THE SHOW AND RUN IT? YOU SEEM TO KNOW IT ALL. With the economy the way it is even we have to cut back. That is why we combined the 1 to 1000 classes. People making comments is great when they know what they are talking about. Don get your facts right before you comment.

Respectively,

Tony Massaro
    Director of Judges
    Rats Hole Custom Bike Show

14. 14 BD Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Don i did read your post right.Your very fisrt line is about the judging .Do you have an inside track on the the show is judged?I don’t think so.I happen to know first hand about it.I happen to know that the chief judge takes his time and judges everyone the same.He is totally fair and doesen’t know who the winners are till the are announced at the end.So again maybe you should keep your mouth shut and the only thing stupid here is still YOU.

15. 15 Don Putnam Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Tony, thanks for the reply. to comment on the 1st (advertisement) this is the Rats Hole show, 500 posters in the Daytona region is weak. People from all over the country come to this show and with the power of the web I think they should do a better job marketing. 2nd, I do understand the economy and realize thats a problem( I own a custom bike shop) trust me I do. You got me on the Boardwalk Show I was going on another posters info. 5th, I had 4 bikes in the show in witch 2 took 1st. I had 2 bikes that took 3rd and 4th in the 0-1000 cc out of 12 bikes. I was happy with that outcome. I don’t understand the 2 custom built (450cc I think) placing so low. They were hand built bad ass garage bikes and in my opinion should have one the class. I always thought this was a show to acknowledge custom builders old and new, not stock bikes that are hauled from show to show.

16. 16 S. Martinez Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I don’t have a dog i this fight, but I no more visit the rat’s show. Guess what? I forget that the show is happening. So, media coverage may be the issue. I know a good place to advertise it to custom bike lovers: this blog.

17. 17 Tony Massaro Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply Don, we do appreciate all comments based on facts. Not like Tracey Fields comment that was based on gossip. I am not going to continue this discussion any longer. You said what you felt and I said what I felt. You are always welcome to the show. I wish you only the best in business and in life. Tony

18. 18 thug Oct 25th, 2010 at 3:46 pm

tracey??? are you for real?? or just another wanna be .. that starts drama on the computer!! grow up!!

19. 19 Don Putnam Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:26 am

Thanks for your call Tony, Good luck in Texas!
    Oh and bring back the Rats!