Belt Drives LTD New 2″ Open Drive For Harley-Davidson Baggers

BDL LTD was already offering a 2″ open drive for baggers years 1990 to 2006. And now owners of 2007-up models can also install this narrow belt drive system. Both models allow proper stock placement of the floorboards and incorporate a unique top belt guard into the system which fits in a groove between the motor plate and side guard. For better RPM management, these kits include a new pulley ratio and a patented Ball Bearing lock up clutch. Rear basket is 69 tooth and front pulley 52 tooth. Sold in several finishes such as polished, black, with contrast machined finish, clear anodiz and chrome (only for 2007-up kit.) Belt Drives LTD.

7 Responses to “Belt Drives LTD New 2″ Open Drive For Harley-Davidson Baggers”

1. 1 Brett Oct 29th, 2010 at 8:24 am

Beautiful piece of driveline.

2. 2 Dave Blevins Oct 29th, 2010 at 10:54 am

I love custom pieces, but this is one I just don’t get. Why put a belt drive like this on a Road King or Electraglide?
    Just seems completely out of place to me, like a hood scoop on a VW Beetle.

3. 3 Johny Hess Oct 29th, 2010 at 10:58 am

Dave Blevins. I disagree with you. For the same reason to use any open belt drive on other motorcycles. In addition it looks beautiful and I guess people want it. Saw quite a few on custom touring bikes.

4. 4 Grayhawk Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:27 am

Maybe not open belt drives but if memory serves me there was discussions/rumors whatever that the three year run on the HD Sturgis Shovel 1980.81/82 models with the factory front belt drives were a road test for front belt drives on HD OEM’s units but the time to setup/shim allign/whatever slowed downed the assembly line and was not pursued. Maybe a two minute video would have been closer to three minutes. Fact or fiction who knows?, but it would not be such a stretch if it was to have been continued and subsequently expanded model wise.

Just that one might assume their,”HD’s”, legal eagles who some think are much a part of a final design release/risk management would not have been open to open belt drive, pun intended.

5. 5 A 1 CYCLES Oct 29th, 2010 at 5:02 pm

BELTS RUN SMOOTHER ABSORB SHOCK IN THE DRIVELINE, CLUTCHES RUN COOLER WHEN IN THE AIR, LESS WEIGHT, ANDLESS LEAKS, MAKES SENSE TO ME

6. 6 Bigalyts@aol.com Oct 29th, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Nice move HD! I am sure the Open Belt Drives are on the way for several other Models! If Ot was me I think I might have made them for the Rocker and the Heritage first.

1. 1 Tweets that mention Belt Drives LTD New 2″ Open Drive For Harley-Davidson Baggers at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Oct 29th, 2010 at 9:07 am
Crusher