Saxon Motorcycles Introduce The Crown Model in Europe

The 68th Milan Show is going on all weekend, and among the big manufacturers showing their new models and concept bikes, the display of American Saxon Motorcycles (Stand 2P-US-5) trying to convince dealers of the merit of their Crown high neck chopper.

This model was designed by Gard Hollinger of LA County Choprods and takes its design clues from the 70’s. Geometry is 2″ stretch backbone, 6″ stretch down tubes, with a 3.25 gallon gas tank, a 96″ engine, a Baker 6-speed transmission and sold with a 2-year warranty. “The Crown is our 5th model we introduce on the European market since 2006” says Frank Vermeulen, owner of Saxon Motorcycles Europe. “Our ‘true american motorcycles are very popular in Europe” according to c0-owner Rinke Andringa. The company states that they are now represented in 10 European countries with their most recent dealer in Russia. For 2011 Saxon Motorcycles USA intends to introduce for 2011 a new Bagger model designed by Jim Nasi. Renderings of this new model should be available very soon for publication in my Blog. Saxon Motorcycles Europe.

21 Responses to “Saxon Motorcycles Introduce The Crown Model in Europe”

1. 1 McScooter Nov 4th, 2010 at 9:35 am

Warranty?!?!? That’s a joke!! Taking the warranty from the North American market and the making the same promises to the Europeons is ludicrous. Buyers beware!!!!

2. 2 burnout Nov 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am

My favorite Saxon model. Peace.

3. 3 Big Nov 4th, 2010 at 1:08 pm

There’s still a market for fugly bikes like that?

4. 4 666 Nov 4th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they pay their dealers better then they do the vendors…..STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

5. 5 Chaos Nov 4th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Can anyone say JUNK! Most of this bike is made up of off shore parts like DNA, means (DO NOT ATTACH)!!!! Looks like crap as well!!!!! Sorry if I’ve hurt anyones’ feelings.

6. 6 Rinke Nov 5th, 2010 at 4:19 am

I am Rinke ans as quoted above co-owner of Saxon Motorcycles Europe. We are on the market in Europe since 2007 and also responsible for the warranty coverage in Europe (backed by Saxon USA).

Although we do not have many problems with the bikes there is once in a while an issue which we solve ourselves or in co-operation with Saxon USA and/or our vendors. The warranty procedure is written down in the owners manual and it has also some limitations, like all other manufacturers and products have. It’s obvious that there are sometimes issue which are outside the warranty provision and/or after the warranty period has ended. If this is the case we allways try to make a concession in order to maintain a happy client.

Being consulted not to react on gossip at blogs, we do notice that if these kind of accusations are made it is always anonymous. We cannot check which part is true if there is any truth in it and we guess in most cases the accusations are made my people wo do not even own a Saxon. Which is in my opinion abject.

Regarding the Crown, a lot of specific parts are made by Garg Hollinger in his shop in LA. And yes we do use some off shore parts also because some need to be E-approved and these cannot be sourced in the US.

7. 7 JimC Nov 5th, 2010 at 7:26 am

I can speak from personal experience and can say that overall,Saxon builds a quality bike. I can also say that they back their bikes even after the warranty may have run out. Like Rinke said above,it is almost impossible to not use some off shore parts. I would like to have Saxon Motorcycles on my showroom floor but am not able to do so at the present time. I have had them in the past on consignment and the product speaks for itself. The customers who bought Saxons from me are perfectly happy with them and I can tell you that they are not trailer queens,these bikes are ridden. I am happy that they finally made a deal with Baker as I had been trying to get them together for a couple of years. Baker is a Michigan company and parts of those transmissions are made in my town so I hope they sell a boatload of Saxons to the european market. Like I said,wish I had a couple on my sales floor but either way,they are an American company and I wish them all the success. I know they have struggled as has everyone in this industry but they continue to plug along and for that I give them credit for their efforts. Too bad floor plans are impossible to get as there are banks out there that will finance these bikes now.

8. 8 McScooter Nov 5th, 2010 at 9:17 am

Mr. Rinke I do honestly wish you all the success with your endeavours as this industry is a long row to hoe. I do remain somewhat anonymous for business reasons but I can assure you my experiences are quite legitimate as I’ve ridden a number of these bikes and had a number of these on my showroom floor. I have also shook the hands of the original and the latest owners and was told in person that any and all warranty issues will be resolved! This has never come to pass and I have repaired almost all outstanding issues out of my own pocket! Not company money, but my own pocket!! So Mr Rinke, the warranty provision insn’t worth the paper it is printed on. I don’t typically spread gossip but what I have written here is my business experience with Saxon Motorcycles. Best wishes with your adventure.

9. 9 666 Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:38 am

Hello Mr Rinke,
    I can say without reservation that Saxon is a very slow paying , game playing , full of excuses company.

10. 10 Bwah ha ha Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:03 am

Seems to me we have 2 people on this post…both posting under 2 different names.
    I’ve heard the latter with regards to warranty support AND vendor support.
    I am a manufacturer that will remain anonymous, and I know who makes some of their components…believe they had to be put on COD with them because of payment problems. Same as 666 has dealt with apparently.
    As far as DNA…couldn’t tell you, but I wouldn’t put their crap on my bike, nor risk the chance of selling their product. I did enjoy them contacting me asking if I’d be interested in casting my product and letting them “do the work for me”…LOL.

11. 11 666 Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:12 am

bwah ha ha
    There is a reason to remain anonymous. Saxon is not a good company to do business with. I know of another vendor that has had to turn them in to collectiions. Just a matter of time before they stick all the poor suckers who purchased one of these bikes. The old saying “buyer Beware” is in play here

12. 12 777 Nov 5th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I wouldn’t take what “666” has to say to heart. I am sure this is the same California based machine shop that builds proprietary parts for various motorcycle related companies then turns around and sells those same proprietary parts, less the owner’s company logos, out the back door to anyone who will buy them. Once the real “owners” of the parts find out about the game they are playing and refuse to pay them for the parts they produced, they then have the nerve to get pissed. The machine shops only recourse then is to get on blogs like this and bad mouth others while hiding behind their alias name(s).

13. 13 Back stabbers Nov 7th, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Saxon is a joke of a company and only use people to gan a buck and runs away. I was a vendor and was very loyal and got back stabbed for a cheaper rout. Which means shitty quality at the end. The original owners were so much better. These guys suck and should close the doors!!

14. 14 Hark Nov 8th, 2010 at 8:38 am

What kind of motor is in this bike….looks like a Harley Motor….why not just buy a Harley if that’s the case.

15. 15 666 Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:34 am

777 Wrong… You must work for saxon. As you can see from these posts I am in the majority. The original owners of saxon were fair at best but these guys are just BAD!!!!!!

16. 16 BEWARE Nov 8th, 2010 at 11:51 am

Mark Borodkin & Robert Martino ( new owners of Saxon Motorcycles, USA) are (moderated) Plain and simple,,,,,,

I feal bad for Rinke and the entire EU side of Saxon, because Saxon USA will not be around very long! Also, beware when purchasing a Crown. From what I understand, Gard @ LACC has not built any components for Saxon in a very long time……just sayin….

17. 17 Rinke Nov 9th, 2010 at 8:57 am

I would thank all who wishes us luck and those who are concerned about that.

The world economy has changed radically the last 2 years and will never be the same as it was before. All most every body knows this and experienced it. Especially our industry which was hit even harder then any other. This is the case, not only in the US but also in Europe and the rest of the world.
    The result of it was, that various companies went out of business and for those who are surviving it demanded radical changes. For example the restructuring made by H-D the last 2 years are quite radical. I would not believed they would ever do this when someone predicted this 3 years ago. Now I understand that the Company had to make some hard decisions. I feel sorry for the ones who lost their jobs and their businesses.
    I would not compare Saxon directly with H-D. But being less known, in basically the same market, it’s no rocket science that restructuring and changes were also needed at Saxon.
    This resulted e.g. in new ownership/management, movement of the production location and review of parts and vendors used. In most cases these are not easy decisions and it’s obvious that you cannot make everybody happy during these transitions. Sometimes you have to play hardball, if you like it not, the situation forces us all to changes.
    As being the distributor in Europe we are on the side line concerning the manufacturing, and so do not know every detail. Nevertheless, reading some of the comments I am tasting dissatisfaction from 1 or 2 vendors who were losing their contract and/or believe that they were not treated properly. Sorry if this is the case but sending anonymous flames will not improve the situation nor will it really give any relief because it’s negative energy.

As for the Crown the demand (like for many other bikes) was very low lately also because it wasn’t approved in Europe. Now that we solved this hurdle (the paperwork will be finalized these months) we are convinced that we will boost the demand for the Crown. Which is also good for Gard.

18. 18 McScooter Nov 9th, 2010 at 10:54 am

I’m certainly not trying to be “wise guy”. I would save the majority of my neighbours from a burning house. Cheers

19. 19 jatinder pal Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:48 am

I like this bike…..

20. 20 thunderbikes Nov 10th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

..as one of the EU dealers I will say regarding warranty: We`ve had some small issues as leaking outer primary gasket, broken chrome spring for sidestand and even a S&S engine with skirt knocking.
    But we are really impressed how Saxon Europe have responded and solved these cases: immediately and with NO discussions…that`s how to build good relations to customers.

And about the bikes: They`re built to be ridden, like it or not…!!

1. 1 Tweets that mention Saxon Motorcycles Introduce the Crown Model in Europe at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:59 am
Crusher