Fiber Optic Mohawk Helmets. Not For Me. For You?

I can’t imagine myself with a Mohawk haircut, nor you… Much less wearing a Mohawk helmet shining like a Christmas tree! These fiber optic may be fun to use or show, but I doubt that a mature baby boomer (baby boomers are all supposed to be mature…) will buy one, even not for July the 4th.

But the main argument of Helmet Ic. is safety: no Mohwawk without a protective helmet and the fiber optic will help you being seen by all the other boneheads on the road. Choose your color to match your mood: white, blue, red, black, green, orange, pink ands multi-color. At Helmet Inc

16 Responses to “Fiber Optic Mohawk Helmets. Not For Me. For You?”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Dec 28th, 2010 at 9:48 am

I agree, It isn’t my cup of tea. I can’t see the “Baby Boomers’ wearing this helemnt but I can without a doubt see the 20 something sport bike crowd eating these things up. I love the fact that these guys are thinking outside of the box and I hope they sell a ton of these helments.

Over & Out,

Jeff

2. 2 A 1 CYCLES Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:17 am

IT WILL MAKE THEM EASIER TO FIND WHEN THEY GO OFF THE ROAD ON THE SHARP CORNER AT NIGHT…LOL..THEY WILL SELL, COOL IDEA. LOOK AT THE DUMB L.E.D. LIGHTS ON THE HARLEYS AND SPORTBIKES? THEY SELL AND DO NOTHING FOR THE BIKES FUNCTION..AS THESE MOHAWKS DO NOTHING FOR HELMET FUNCTION BUT THEY WILL SELL

3. 3 Seb Dec 28th, 2010 at 11:15 am

Agree with A1. They will sell to youngsters.

4. 4 burnout Dec 28th, 2010 at 11:59 am

Law Enforcement will have a field day with these. And I think these are cool!!! peace

5. 5 Dave Blevins Dec 28th, 2010 at 12:47 pm

If loud pipes, bad tatoos, weird clothes, odd piercings, tacky paint, and wheelies just aren’t enough, perhaps a day-glo mohawk will do it.
    Not for us old farts, but the emerging cafe riders and retro-punk stylies will likely go for it. Now if I could only find my old Mad Max VHS tapes to find myself some “current” inspiration!

6. 6 Judy LaParne Dec 28th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

As wacky as I find these helmets and being a 55 year old female, I could still see me wearing this at night. I have bought reflective this and that, put stickers on my bike, and replaced lights with the BIGGER and brighter ones so the population of night drivers would find it easier to see me, why not this? I even contemplated the flashing spoke things called the “Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bicycle Light” and if I can willing rock those little lights, I can rock the mohawk. In fact, I would rock it saftely back to my garage and giggle as I took it off…..

7. 7 Wiz Dec 29th, 2010 at 5:54 am

Back in my old drinking days I didn’t like to draw attention to myself riding home drunk at 2 in the morning, “Running the Gautlet” as we used to say. Nowadays I like to be seen by all the other drunks out at that time. I like bling lights and so do allot of other sober riders. For one thing I don’t wear a helmet but iffin’ I did I might go for it. Do they blink? Wiz

8. 8 Mike Greenwald Dec 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am

The freedom of choice to wear this type of helmet, for whatever reasons, still includes a choice of no helmet.

Some states consider a helmet to be motorcycle equipment. This helmet may be considered illegal lighting in some areas. The other end of the spectrum is the opportunity to take this concept further and make the helmet some sort of billboard for advertising or scrolling statements to other motorists or LEOs.

9. 9 Mike Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:42 am

I found them for $32.00. Not a bad price: http://www.ironhorsehelmets.com/MOHAWK.htm
    This site was $40 for the same thing: http://fiberopticmohawk.com/

10. 10 bigLel Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Love it. Can’t decide which color. Adds some glances, laughs, and fun.

11. 11 TigerLily Dec 29th, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I’m almost 50 and time for me to “rebel.” I think the mohawk gig is pretty kool! I troll for tickets in Nevada wearing my tiny tiara-helmet. I need something flashy to get some attention. It’s difficult to compete with all the Las Vegas glitter lights.

12. 12 jatinder pal Dec 30th, 2010 at 2:32 am

Definately not for me….

13. 13 Black Bike Week Jan 3rd, 2011 at 12:33 am

HOT!!!! all i can say is hot. I like this style even with out the safety.

14. 14 Wendy Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I bought mine a month ago. Check me out on youtube.

1. 1 Tweets that mention Fiber Optic Mohawk Helmets. Not For Me. For You? -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 28th, 2010 at 8:13 am
  2. 2 This brings back memories…. « Motorcycle Everything..and everything else. Pingback on Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:41 pm