The Secret Life Of Brenda Fox

Very few women (and men) of the motorcycle industry have such a diversified and unusual background as Brenda Fox. Thanks to a gift of nature, she was a fashion model at age 18, love horses, is an accomplished equestrian and competed with bravo winning several titles, an experience she will use to do her first acrobatic stunts that she will later practice and perfect while riding motorcycles ….Her ability to ride anything in any terrain will get her full sponsorships to race several off road races like the Baja 500 and the Baja 1000.

Being more and more involved with motorcycles, her ability to road test any factory new models or customs, any size and speed, and to review them both technically and aesthetically gets her a job as Motorcycle Consultant from day one to its demise for luxury lifestyle Robb Report Motorcycle Magazine. There she has covered many of our high end custom motorcycles. Logically, Brenda was requested to become Grand Marshall of several charities  to raise money for many different causes, from cure from breast cancer (she has been affected by it and fought it courageously during 3 years) to animal rescue. She was also a fitness trainer for AMA Hall Of Famers Broc Glover, Ricky Johnson and Scott Burnsworth.

She currently does a radio Fox Report which discusses current motorcycle issues, animates focus groups for Harley-Davidson dealers, manages a very busy and large audience on her Brenda Fox Facebook Forum, is involved with many activities of the Los Angeles Peterson Automotive Museum, and can be seen doing some motorcycle stunts and playing different characters in the current hit TV Series “Sons Of Anarchy”.

On a more personal side, our James Bond Girl told me how much she admires her dear friend 72 year old Connie Beavers who started to ride at age 65 and the thrill she got to see her pass the 200 mph running on a nitrous bike! That her fantasy, in her words, is “to hug and fondle at night a Vincent Black shadow”, and that her inseparable Ultra Mini Maltese dog named QTip, since we met, learned a few new tricks and is busier than ever doing TV Commercials. For more about Brenda, read her answers to my interview…

Cyril. Who were your childhood heroes?  Brenda. My dad best friend Don Vesco R.I.P and his racing pal Roger DeCoaster.

Cyril. When you were a teenager you wanted to become a…?  Brenda. Big ole “urban” gospel / background singer.

Cyril. Tell me about your first time on a motorcycle?  Brenda. I’ve been on a motorcycle ever since I can remember. My father was a sponsored motorcycle racer and as far back as my memory goes I was riding on the gas tank of his CZ’s, Husky’s, Norton’s or Maico’s.

Cyril. If you were not active in the motorcycle industry, what would you do?  Brenda.Raise Money for our Veterans and help those that have served our country. Continue with my current efforts of raising money for Breast Cancer patients and continue my work with Animal Rescues.

Cyril. What is your favorite way to relax?  Brenda. Jump on a MV Agusta Brutale and unleash with good friends riding Tail of the Dragon at Deal’s Gap.

Cyril. What is the last music you downloaded in your iPod?   Brenda. My girl! Awesome motorcyclist Alecia Moore = P!NK!

Cyril. Preferred actor and actress? Neither.  Brenda. Formula One Racing for my entertainment ~ I prefer F1 multi world champion, pilot Michael Schumacher

Cyril. What are you afraid of?  Brenda. Cancer.

Cyril. What is your type of biker?  Brenda. Bond Girl Biker…

Cyril. What is the person you would love to meet?  Brenda. Obama so I can do some Biker Brenda Bond Girl Whoop Ass Maneuvers on him about our health care system. (And I got Ms. Obama arms with torque!)

Cyril. Preferred motorcycle to ride?  Brenda. RSD! Every Roland Sands bike I’ve ridden throws my thrill meter into overdrive. Love Rolands’ Bikes. After that its a tie  between the Ecosse Heretic that I loved riding and any cool sled from craftmaster Jerry Covington.

Cyril. Now, we are having dinner together.  Brenda. Steakhouse, Italian, Thai, Sushi, French or Vegetarian? With you? French, bien sur (of course)
Cyril. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?   Brenda. None.

Cyril. If you would ask me to build a custom, which style?  Brenda. A minimalistic, high torque pro street ride with sleek flowing lines and a streamline feel.

Cyril. Which film made you cry?  Brenda. I don’t have a specific film, but the commercial with Sarah McLachlan singing “Angel” for the Animal Human Society that shows an abused animal, yanks my heart out, leaves it on the floor.

Cyril. Name five things you hate.  Brenda. Narcissist! Cancer! US Health System! Law’s that affect my freedom and rights as a motorcyclist! Lack of support for the troops and veterans!

Cyril. What is your best life achievement?  Brenda. Being able to make a positive difference helping others in ways bigger than I ever imagined thru my experience of a devastating health crisis when Breast Cancer cross my path.

Cyril. If you would be a season, which one?  Brenda. I’m a four seasons “see ya at the track  at any season” kinda gal.

Cyril. What do you miss most at home when you are in a rally?  Brenda. My Dobermans!

Cyril. What was the last book you read?  Brenda. Quantum Theory by David Bohm.

Cyril. Where is your favorite vacation place?   Brenda. Where I used to live, on the beach of the North Shore of Hawaii at Waimea Bay.

Cyril. Do you have any guilty pleasures?  Brenda. Chanel handbags.

Cyril. Do you collect anything?  Brenda. Awesome memories and high heels.

Cyril. What was your worst buy?  Brenda. Chrome Muffler bearings.

Cyril. What was the most embarrassing thing you have ever made?  Brenda. Being involved in a bad relation.

Cyril. What is the best thing you can cook?  Brenda. Along with whipping up the best reservations in Malibu I make an awesome Thanksgiving dinner. I have so very much to be grateful for.

Cyril. When was the time you were really angry?  Brenda. Having to deal with Breast Cancer and complications which led to a total health crisis. No health insurance, no family for support and the overwhelming devastation and disappointment of false friends.

Cyril. What is your perfect weekend when you are at home?  Brenda. To be healthy, ride with awesome friends to Jay Leno’s Garage to see his new projects and get overwhelmed at his amazing collection.

Cyril. What is your preferred rally?  Brenda. Any rally I’m riding with great people and great friends.

Cyril. What is the worst question a journalist asked you? “ Brenda. Brenda l have a special shoot set up at my house, how about you ride on the BACK of my HONDA and I’ll set up a nite shoot that will blow you away”  😮

59 Responses to “The Secret Life Of Brenda Fox”

1. 1 Seb Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:55 am

This young lady looks much more real that the fake lady bikers that Harley is choosing as spokespersons.

2. 2 Jeez Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:16 am

Didn’t know her. Very nice pictures.

3. 3 Tommy Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:17 am

Cyril has the best address book in the business!

4. 4 Emilio Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:19 am

Would like to race her on a Ducati.

5. 5 live2rideaglide Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:29 am

Hey guys, Another great interview Cyril. If this one does’nt squash the atypical image of a biker chick and bikers in general , I don’t know what will. The non-biking public needs to know that you don’t have to fit a certain personna or mold to be a motorcycle enthusiast aka. ” biker “. From the interview I don’t believe that her looks alone , have generated her opportunities in the industry although I’m certain they were not detrimental in her pursuits. I like reporters , analysts that are easy to look at. A person’s attractiveness or lack thereof should not in a perfect world , hinder or help them from finding opportunities in the motorcycle industry , but in reality I know it does. It’s a double edged sword , especially for women who are many times perceived as unqualified or unintelligent in a certain area because of their looks. The assumption is that they are all fluff but no substance , only window dressing without expertise or savy. The women that you have recently been featuring are breaking the mold and shattering the stereotype of women motorcyclists. I look forward to more interviews like this. Keep up the good work . glidin-n-2011

6. 6 Kathy Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:36 am

Love seeing women follow their dreams. Wish I would have when I was younger. You go Ms. Fox

7. 7 burnout Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:50 am

It’s been a LONG time since I heard Vesco AND Decoster mentioned. In the same sentence? Freakin sweet! You go Ms Girl! peace

8. 8 MJ Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

One of the highlights of our riding season was having the pleasure of meeting Brenda at the Ride for the Cure at Seacoast HD in NH. She is a kindred spirit who is blessed with a genuine soul and heart. I am a 16-year survivor who rode down (along with my daughter on her own Fatboy) to the event from western Maine. When Brenda found out we were there she had us ride up front with her. It was a memorable experience and my daughter and I were honored beyond words. I am thankful to Brenda, and her friend Brenda Smith, for all that they have done and continue to do. I admire her for her strength, courage, and grace which just happens to mirror her physical beauty. <3 Love you Brenda.

P.S. It's never too late to follow your dreams.

9. 9 BERTRAND Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Hello Brenda ! !

Kisses from France ! ! !

10. 10 Joe Phillipson Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:46 pm

If Brenda has a secret life it is not what was mentioned above. It is that she has suffered so much in the past 2 years with breast cancer and other health problems. It broke my heart to see her in such bad shape. Before this happened you can see from the story above how active she was. Brenda has helped so many people get their products going in our industry as well as built a lot of careers. She worked for me when she was about 18-19 as sales manager and did a great job. She raced with our race team and kicked most of the guys butts. I lost track of her for many years and then she came back into my life several years ago. Catching up on where she had been and what she had been doing was no surprise to me. I knew she was bound to go on to do great things. Brenda has the respect of everyone behind the scenes in our business IE: manufacturers, distributors etc. even when she is not feeling well you would never know it. She is a great spokesperson for our industry not only is she very nice to look at, she is quick witted, funny and is a very good journalist. I wish her all the best and it would be nice to see more dedicated people like her in this industry. Brenda mentioned Connie Beavers who is an unbelievable woman and is going through some very bad health issues of her own right now. We wish you the best Connie!
    Joe

11. 11 Eileen Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Excellent article! Brenda shines as a leader among women :)! Full throttle, girlfriend!

12. 12 andy mcphee Dec 29th, 2010 at 1:10 pm

MY name is Andy Mcphee I have just finished work on SONS OF ANARCHY role of Keith Mghee Belfast President, I have beend based in LA for three years an also work back home in Ausrtalia , i have worked as an Actor for 23 years and ridden for longer, i met Brenda on SOA we are now great freinds she is exactly what is written about her a Strong Supporter for Women ON Wheels as i am also , Brenda does every thing she sets out to , SHe cares about humans she cares about Animals, She will help you if she can ..i can go on ..but the point is when you meet someone who is really genuine it passes onto the people around her ..Her Compassion -Empathy – Integrity-
    Women on wheels you are lucky to have some one like Brenda on your suppport for Women riders an we are lucky to have her as a friend
    Andy Mcphee

13. 13 Fran Elias Dec 29th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

It was a pleasure and a great experience meeting anbd riding with Brenda during our “Ride for the Cure” out of Seacoast HD. She along with Brenda Smith are two of the most genuine people I have had the priviledge to meet and ride with. My Grand Daughter (six yr old Skyla) and I had the honor of being part of the Fashion Show after the ride, Brenda took time to talk with her and really made the day special for Skyla. She stills talks about her day with the Sexy Skins models, Lisa and the Brenda’s that made it a great day. I have been riding my own bike for the past seven years, not bad for a Grandma of eight!! Since my husband and I began riding we have been more involved with many different charities. It is such a rewarding lifestyle, and I thank all of my biker friends for making this possible. I am looking froward to our riding season in the spring and hope that Brenda will be able to join us for another of our Charity events. Love to Brenda!!

14. 14 Mark Binkley Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Great article of the real woman biker! Brenda is an awesome lady, always looking out for others’ needs, and is always there for you! Brenda even took the time out from one of the Sons of Anarchy casts and wished my daughter a happy birthday! Keep up the great work and play hard Brenda! Knees in the breeze, not on the pavement! Love ya Brenda!

15. 15 Brea Shilinger Dec 29th, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Cyril. I read all your interviews and being a woman I want to thank you for your terrific support of the ladies you have featured. Nobody did it before you and they well deserve this public acknowledgmentt. I hope to read about more of them. Great work, as always.

16. 16 Randy Twells Dec 29th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

As a fellow woman motojournalist it was so cool to shoot video of you Brenda, with Karen Davidson & Andy McPhee, leading the way on Love Ride this past November in Southern California; it’s posted on the Quick Throttle website. Brenda you are such a great role model for all of us through your website, your stunt work & acting roles on Sons of Anarchy, road testing the baddest bikes out there, riding as Grand Marshall for the cure at many fundraisers, and showing women everywhere that we can do amazing things. Build each other up! A salute to you my friend!

17. 17 DAVE BATON Dec 29th, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I met Brenda at the V-Twin show in Cincinnati. She is a good friend of my boss Joe Phillipson. She and Chris Maida from American Iron Magazine helped us MC our hula hoop contest we held for the distributors. I was so impressed with both of them! Brenda took the mic and started the contest just like she had done it a million time before! both Chris and Brenda did a great job and I will never forget all the fun we had with those crazy hula hoops!

18. 18 PHILIP aka SCREWDRIVER Dec 29th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

BRENDA, IS ONE VERY SPECIAL WOMEN , I FIRST MEET HER ON A THE RADIO ,ON A SHOW OUT OF BOSTON. THEN DID` NT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT HER. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT BRENDA, I GOT I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER ,BUT I HAD A FEELING I WOULD
    RUN INTO HER IN THE BIKER COMMUNITY.. WELL I DID AND AFTER SHE REALIZED WHO I WAS IT WAS LIKE WE KNEW EACH OTHER FOR YEARS, BUT, YES IT IS GREAT TO SEE HER OUT AND AROUND.
    ML&R FOR THAT FANTASTIC WOMEN…..
    Philip aka Screwdriver

19. 19 Heidi Neal Dec 29th, 2010 at 6:58 pm

It has been such a pleasure to be a friend of Brenda’s, with myself being a member of East Coast Biker Chicks I have had the honor of meeting Brenda during a Breast Cancer Ride out of New Hampshire. She is fun loving, dedicated and an absolute delight to spend time with. I am so proud of you Brenda and wish you all the BEST in the New Year :o)

20. 20 OldBiker Chick Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Brenda is an amazing friend, supporter and positive all around great person. Not to mention a kick-ass rider. Rock on my Friend!
    – Turbo

21. 21 OldBiker Chick Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:25 pm

All the Real Biker Chic from realbikerchicks.net send you their best Brenda.

22. 22 JIMMY FOX Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Just a shout out to all of you in the motorclyle industry and americans in general.I have known Brenda since about 1978. I was one of the original people that started the Souplantation restaurants.Brenda has alway been a positive example of what a women of integrity should be,, always willing to go above and beyond for a great cause, and to inspire people to live live to the fullest… she is loved very much..keep it up… your an example to us alll

23. 23 Wiz Dec 30th, 2010 at 5:59 am

Hey Brenda, How about you an’ all the other ladies Cyril has featured [and a few of the ones he has yet to enlighten us about] take a little putt to that mythical Casba I’m always talkin’ about? Of course we all ride our own bikes [no packin’ bitch with this crew]. Hell, with my respect for all of you I would be proud to ride bitch myself! Got room fer a 250 pound, long-haired, whiskered, tattooed-up ol’ biker/builder? I got a feminine side [I was born on Mother’s Day] so I think we would all get along just fine! Keep doin’ that VooDoo you Do so well!! Wiz

24. 24 Peg Miller Dec 30th, 2010 at 8:05 am

Cyril,
    This series of articles keeps getting better and better. Awesome job and awesome person. Thanks for featuring Ms. Fox. She seems like a truly wonderful person.

25. 25 Rhonda Howell Dec 30th, 2010 at 9:37 am

While I have not personally met Brenda, I have her on my FB and we have corresponded via the U.S. mail, I can tell you that Brenda is one amazing woman. As a fellow riding sister, she speaks for the whole riding community, especially us female riders. We share a common bond of sisterhood, which is hard to find in this day and age. If I ever make it to the West Coast or she makes it to the East Coast, I would absolutely love to meet this wonderful woman in person. Ride on my special friend. Much love to you…

26. 26 Belinda Dec 30th, 2010 at 9:43 am

Brenda is awesome – an inspiration to all women motorcyclists! A beautiful, courageous, beautiful, caring, awe inspiring person & it is an honor for me to be able to call her a ‘true’ friend. Love you Brenda & thank you for sharing parts of your life! Looking forward to riding with you again & giving you the biggest hug ever! x

27. 27 Bonneville´s fastest naked man... Dec 30th, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hey Brenda, Adolfo here…

Just a big kiss from Spain !!!

28. 28 Kathleen Covington Dec 30th, 2010 at 11:38 am

Thank you Cyril for letting the world know about Brenda. She is a true inspiration to all, even at her darkest times she still managed to stay positive. Just hearing her voice makes you smile! Very glad to have her as a friend! Qtip is awesome his acting is so cute.
    Love ya Brenda! Still using the magic wand?

29. 29 Bredna Dec 30th, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Brenda Fox this past July after she agreed to be the Grand Marshall of The New England Walkers for Knockers – “First Annual Ride for the Cure”. I just happened to be in CA vacationing with a few friends and within hours of receiving the confirmation that she agreed to the event, we were on the phone and we then met the next day. After only spending a few hours with her, I felt like I had known her forever, YES SHE IS THAT COOL!!!!!

Brenda was not only the Grand Marshall of our event, but she took it to a whole new level ~ Cause that’s just how she rolls!!! She is top knotch….the best of the best! She is the most down to earth person, she talked to anyone that would talk to her the day of the ride, and she made a lasting impression on many people that day! We had a two women, Mother and Daughter (Mom a breast cancer survivor), who drove their bikes over an hour in 40 degree weather just to meet Brenda that day. They were not able to do the ride as they had a prior commitment, but after Brenda met with them, she convinced them to do ½ of the ride and insisted they ride right behind her and me. She not only inspired many of the breast cancer survivors and bread cancer fighters that we had our event, she is an inspiration to every women rider, women supporting women riders!!!!

Brenda’s Experience in the Motorcycle Industry in UNREAL! As a new female rider, I am inspired by everything I have read that she has accomplished and that she continues to accomplish; on the bike and off! She motivates me to do more! Based on the above interview and many facts and details I have read about Brenda Fox, it is evident she is an idol and an inspiration to hundreds of thousands of women and men across the WORLD; and not to only those who ride. In her lifetime she has touched the hearts of thousands and I personally know she has made it her life’s mission to continue to do so. She is a TRUE ANGEL!

She has reminded me to always be positive and taught me to surround myself with positive people and energy. She believes in treating everyone equal and always helping those in need. She is exactly the positive energy force I want to surround myself with. She is selfless, truthful and genuine.

If you ever have the opportunity to talk with her, email her, meet with her, whatever, I strongly encourage you to do it….I can promise you two things…..she would never turn you away and you will not regret it!

Brenda Smith

30. 30 krugger Dec 30th, 2010 at 1:34 pm

hi Brenda,

nice to hear you!

A big kiss from the sunny Belgium!!

Take care

31. 31 Hank Heister Dec 30th, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Great interview Cyril… Brenda is a great example of the best in today’s women; intelligent, has a huge heart, compassionate, a mission to help people with cancer, and determined to regain her own health. I have had the blessing of helping her achieve her goals. She is the best of the best! It will be exciting watching her in 2011! Thanks again Cyril.

32. 32 Cris Sommer Simmons Dec 30th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Awesome woman and a great inspiration. Thanks Brenda and Cyril!

33. 33 David Dec 31st, 2010 at 1:24 am

Ok the dog is nice. So she started it here we go….Your great at what ever you do,probably make good money but when you get in a bind and your health goes bad and you dont have health insurance because you’ve bought too many High Heels and Chanel purses and you live in Malibu …..you want the rest of US(taxpayers/govt.) to pick-up your health cost.
    Come on lady you can do like the rest of us that pay for our health insurance and do without some STUFF to pay for it !!!
    I wish I could even ride on a MV Agusta once seems like you own one.
    Seems like your attitude is great for the military and I’m sorry about your trouble with Health ,Family and freinds but wake up your a grown up in the real world.It’s not Hollywood everywhere.

SSDD; David

34. 34 Larry Dec 31st, 2010 at 5:36 am

C’mon David. Do you know that the majority of people in the custom motorcycle industry don’t have health insurance because as self employed they can’t afford the ridiculous premiums. See the number of charity rides organized to raise money for those falling sick without insurance. The US has the worst health system in the world and the most expensive. The only occidental country where people can’t be insured if they have a pre-existing condition, get bankrupt because they can’t pay their medical bills, die because they can’t afford preventive medecine. Why do you accept to pay for firemen, Police Dept, schools, etc with your real estate taxes even when you don’t use them but oppose univeral health insurance where everybody is contributing to a common fund covering everybody from birth to death with no possible exclusion? Is the ability to treat your health more important than education, police and firemen? The rest of the world thinks that Americans are retarded. Most of the rest of the world doesn’t need health insurance companies. They exist only to make a profit with for result the cost of everything medical related 10 times higher in the US than anywhere in the world. We don’t need health insurance companies. Have you thought about this? And the best medecine is not in America as everybody know. Far from it. Wait to fall very sick and see if your health insurance is going to pay for everything or find a way to exclude you for any pretext because you cost them too much. Good luck.

35. 35 nuno maroco Dec 31st, 2010 at 10:55 am

Good luck Mrs.Brenda, very honorable cause.
    I also love true sience and is advences, at LHC Cern experiences in Europe, there is new hope to medicine, tecnologie advences are great to find new tretments for people.
    All the best, hope 2011 more equal to everybody.

36. 36 STUNTS UNLIMITED - Matt Dec 31st, 2010 at 11:07 am

David – if that is your real name…
    Why such a personal attack on a fellow motorcyclist who has excelled in a male field of motorcycles.

She started it? WTF? The interview is a response to Cyril questions. Jealous of a chick that can out ride you?
    There is only a handful of motorcyclist who get Hired to ride 80K and above high dollar motorcycles.
    NOT ride for fun – Hired!
    Trusted with machines that are hard to ride, cost a fortune and at times are the only one of its kind.
    Brenda out rides and handles a bike as few riders can. She gets booked for her riding skills, talent and ability to ride hi end machines.
    NOT her husband’s bike, NOT her families shop bike – NOT supported by some motorcycle backed company. She gets hired because she’s fuckin Good!

As for the Real World, anyone who goes in and out of the hospital with this medical system is screwed.
    What a Warrior Brenda is / has been / will continue to be in her fight against Breast Cancer.

Keep up the good fight – You rock girl!
    Matt T
    Stunts Unlimited

37. 37 madpuppy Dec 31st, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Hey David, Ba Low Me.

38. 38 Rick Fairless Dec 31st, 2010 at 5:38 pm

What a swell gal Brenda is…I dig her!
    Happy New Year Brenda
    RF

39. 39 David Dec 31st, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Larry you need to get a live and dump your Liberal from birth to death govt. takes care of you attitude.Your probably in California living off the govt hind tit along with all the others and you think the rest of us should pickup the bill. Get out and be a man and stand up fot yourself and do whatever it takes to be an American not a European liberal.

madpuppy…..Right back at you!!

Matt from Stunts Unlimited….Yep thats my real name….Yeah she started it “wants to meet Obama about health care”. Like I said she is probably great at what she does! And her heart is in the right place with the soldiers and her support for them….So is mine! But you dont buy Insurance expecting stuff to go wrong you buy in case something does go wrong! I have a freind that has been through some tough times recently(hospitalized for 4 months and will never be the same,they took out just about all his intestines). I understand the medical systems does suck in some ways. But does everyone do eveything they can do to stay healthy…..They eat right and excersise they dont smoke they dont drink to excess or take drugs ,they make sure they dont drink and drive and hurt anyone else, and they surely make sure their kids eat right and dont become obese. They do all these things so they can stay out of the health care system and they dont have to buy health insurance………..Yeah Right they have no concept of what its like to Take care of their selves and stay out of the Doctors office and Hospital……Get a Real Life Matt.

SSDD; David

40. 40 Brett Dec 31st, 2010 at 8:09 pm

David. I have worked half of my life in several European countries. You are an idiot with no education. Universal healthcare system is all over Europe and most governments are Republicans, not socialists! Most universal health care systems have been established in the mid 1930’s with total agreement between the right and the left. No european republican has ever challenged the universal healthcare system. You are completely uneducated and just repeat US republicans BS you heard on Fox. By the way Fox is not a news channel, just a propaganda instrument for the republicans. Also read attentively the fine print of your health insurance contract. You may be surprised by some clauses.

41. 41 JC Dec 31st, 2010 at 11:40 pm

“Cyril. What was your worst buy?  Brenda. Chrome Muffler bearings.”

Ha ha….that’s some funny sh*t right there!!
    Those along with Canadian air fir your tires, and blinker fluid.

42. 42 David Jan 1st, 2011 at 12:21 am

Brett ….Just let me ask you one thing….Where the hell do you live now? Have you noticed all the bankrupt countries in europe and how many have been bailed out and those that are about to fall.Please wake up. Why do you think people want to come here and get out of those places. Give me a break ……mid 1930’s maybe that’s why Hilter got in and kicked all their ass’s until the US got there.By the way I’m not uneducated….I can and do read, evidently more than what you say you have lived,if you where there you would probably be rioting in the streets with the rest of them if someone said they where going to make you pay for something instead of getting it for free!
    Even though I have a college education, I started and helped my father run a business for many years and then went on in the oil and natural gas industry and no I’m not rich or wealthly I get by and pay for my health insurance and I have read my policy before I made the payments.
    By the way I glad to see that you watch Fox News as it is the MOST Fair and Balanced. No Propaganda ….just facts , not what you get anywhere else.
    You sound like you are probably a union guy also…too bad.

SSDD; David

43. 43 Brett Jan 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am

David. Thank you for demonstrating what I wrote. You are uneducated and believe the lies of Fox, of Glenn Beck & Co. Contrary to what you state, health insurance in Europe is NOT FREE. All Europeans pay for their coverage. Employers take a percentage of each salary/income and send it to their respective social security administration. It’s a system by repartition, meaning that all contributions go to a commun fund. There are no such things as private insurance companies. They don’t exist. Nobody needs them. You can visit a doctor, get surgery, etc anytime you want, as fast as you want, without approval of anyone. Doctors, labs, hospitals charge and are paid in full by this fund. Everybody is contributing, everybody is covered from birth to death.

Make a search online of all independent watch groups. Fox is ranked by all of them # 1 for the number of errors, false statements, lies, etc regarding every topic. And yes, Glenn Beck says the stupid thing you just wrote. That European have free insurance!!!! FALSE. They all pay, even jobless. Genn Beck has never traveled outside the US!!!! Like you, probably.

The problems in Europe come only from American Banks selling their junk mortgage backed securities to all banks around the world. So, trouble in Spain, Ireland and Greece comes from the US. If people in these countries are protesting it is because their governments are now obliged to impose austerity measures to them, and it’s not their fault. There is no credit card debt in Europe because 95% of Europeans use debit cards, not credit cards. Real estate prices are up in almost all European countries. The Euro is up 53% against the dollar since its introduction in 1999. Proof that Europe is healthier than the US. You just ridiculed yourself and proved that you have no clue. To state in a former comment that if you eat well, exercise, don’t smoke, etc is a guarantee of never getting sick is absurd. By the way, I live and work in NYC with frequent business trips to Europe. And I repeat, most European governments are republicans and will never touch the healthcare system.. Check your sources before you write.

44. 44 Wiz Jan 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am

WOOF!! Hey guys, this started out by talking about a selfless, good-hearted individual who is trying and making a positive change in the lives of everyone! And it ain’t for the money like our megolithic, insurance vipers do! Wonderful woman, period!! Wiz

45. 45 john reed Jan 1st, 2011 at 11:43 am

David and Brett,
    This is the wrong place
    You may be smart and well educated but you are both dicks.

46. 46 Jeff Nicklus Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Health Insurance or no Health Insurance Brenda has, and will continue to be, an asset to this industry. She is a class act from start to finish and I wish her well in her career, her persoanl life and her health issues.

Over & Out,

Jeff

47. 47 FHP Scott Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Keep on rockin Brenda…

her courage speaks volumes

kisses from the bayou

scott

48. 48 Cindy Rutherford DMN Jan 2nd, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I met this fantastic woman before I, myself was diagnosed with cancer. I was both amazed and thrilled to get to meet someone with her go get ’em attitude and a woman that was a woman of her word. She not only wakled the walk but she did what whe talked about. I don’t even think the lady knows how beautiful she really is. She is using every asset she has fighting for breast cancer, hurt animals and our soldiers. What more can anyone ever want in a woman ? I am very proud of Brenda for promoting motorcycling and women motorcyclists. I, myself have been in this industry for over 50 yers and believe me this fine woman stands up in a crowd and is counted. Congrats on this fine article from Cyril. It appears that he has captured the real Brenda in print. The ” Girl next door” that can whip your butt on a motorcycle any day of the week, she is fearless and competitive and doesn’t beat the bush around. If you ever want to know anything about Brenda, just ask her and she will definetly set you straight and tell you exactly how it is. No fluff or flowers just the facts.

49. 49 John Nasi Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:44 am

It is no surprise to see how much you are loved by all, Brenda. I am glad to have experienced your explosive personality for all these years, and while your looks should make this challenging – your inner beauty purely defeats the outer.

Looking forward to riding with you again some day.

50. 50 Mark K Jan 3rd, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Great interview.

Brenda – You are the Angelina Jolie of the Industry!

You’ve paved the way for so many other lady riders.
    Quite impressive to have the motorcycles skills you do and how refreshing to meet someone so classy.
    We met you at the Love Ride, you were riding some huge custom chopper with your with friend Karen Davidson who you introduced us to. You both are great ladies, inspiration to other riders and first class.

Keep booking the TV Gigs and also know You’re a powerful speaker – I see many more speaking engagements.
    Mark k

51. 51 Lori Elwell Jan 3rd, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Cyril thank you for the Great interview. Brenda Fox certainly is one that has paved the way for women riders.

Incredibly talented rider – yet

52. 52 Gene Naholms Jan 4th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Cyril – great interview and insight into someone I’ve seen at so many events, wanted to talk with and just didn’t have the chance.

I heard about her and Chris Maida being “Ring Leaders” in the Hula Hoop competition with the heavy hitters at V-Twin Expo. I heard even Fred Fox was one your radar screen.

Nice to see a gal that can back it up with riding skills, talent and quick wit.

53. 53 Chrome Divas of SoCal Jan 6th, 2011 at 11:59 pm

We, the Chrome Divas of SoCal have gotten to know Brenda personally and enjoy her company when we attend events near and far.

Brenda is the real thing…she is not a show-off or a wanna-be, she is the epitome of the modern female biker. She is how we would like to be represented; professional, respected and fun…and gorgeous.

We love you Brenda. Thank you for being such a wonderful and powerful voice for other female motorcycle riders out there.

54. 54 gina woods Jan 7th, 2011 at 8:57 am

Brenda rocks! Nuff said 🙂

55. 55 Brenda Fox Jan 7th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Thank you so much for the ♥ and support.
    The calls, messages and emails have been awesome.
    It’s such a privilege to get paid to ride motorcycles, to be trusted with such amazing rides and most of all to connect with such a diverse crowd under the umbrella of moto love.
    Everyone’s unique flair makes the industry such an amazing ride.

Much Love,
    Brenda

56. 56 Wiz Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:21 am

Brenda, Back Atcha, Baby!! Wiz

57. 57 Flo Jan 8th, 2011 at 11:30 am

Thanks Brenda for all you do! Thanks for stepping out of your busy schedule last July when the Women Who Ride Conga III for Breast Cancer came through your state. It was great spending a couple days with you. It was an honor to ride with you. yep, your little Qtip is as adorable as her human, and very talented. We enjoyed having her as our mascot. So sorry for your loss of the beautiful Angel. We hope to ride with you again some day!!
    I love you more!
    Flo
    gowitheflo.org

58. 58 Donna Palladino Jan 8th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Hey Brenda!

Kudo’s to you girl! Way to go, I’m so proud of you. Thanks for being my friend and for all your support of our Ride Like a Pro program and of course, our Women Who Ride Conga for Breast Cancer research. You are a shining star in our motorcycle world, thanks for all you do!

Hugs,
    Donna
    xo

1. 1 Tweets that mention The Secret Life Of Brenda Fox -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:45 am