Hidden Harley Touring And Trike Antenna

It’ called the Boom!™ Audio Hidden AM/FM/WB Antenna and mounts within the fairing of 1998-later Touring and Trike models and eliminates the Original Equipment whip antenna (top image is a ghost picture of this antenna.) Priced at $49.95 this amplified antenna offers comparable performance to the Boom! Audio Shorty Antenna, and eliminates the need to move the whip antenna back and forth between Tour-Pak® and fender mounting locations on bikes equipped with detachable Tour-Pak® luggage.

Kit includes all required mounting hardware and wiring. Fits 1998-later Touring and Trike models equipped with AM/FM/WB radio and fairing. Harley-Davidson warns that The Hidden Antenna may result in a slight loss of AM and WB broadcast signal strength in certain urban and rural locations, when compared to an Original Equipment whip antenna. See your dealer or visit Harley-Davidson

11 Responses to “Hidden Harley Touring And Trike Antenna”

1. 1 Hamilton Apr 13th, 2011 at 9:55 am

Neat and not too expensive if it works.

2. 2 Old Skool Apr 13th, 2011 at 11:08 am

Same set up…much lower price at your local Advanced Auto Parts, AutoZone, Pep Boys or similar store. If it’s hidden, why pay more for the Harley badge? I’m just sayin!!!

3. 3 Gas Man Apr 13th, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Dakota Digital also has one.

4. 4 Wiz Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:33 am

Yeah, but where you gonna fly yer nifty little flags? YUK-YUK!! Wiz

5. 5 Tina the Lama Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

That is definitely not hidden. Less obvious maybe, but not hidden. Can’t fool me.

6. 6 PartyCrasher Apr 14th, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Well the word Similar is kind of true, but misleading. This is a di-pole antenna. That means it has greater gain in two opposing planes (front/back) than to the opposite opposing planes at 90 degrees(side to side). So compared to the stock antenna (360 degrees, but slightly less gain) it will never perform the same. No matter what badge or price is applied. Sorry it’s just science. Oh a vendor can add a built in amp to give gain, but that also gives more noise ( especially analog). And if this info is not enough, I can tell you that pointing the bike in different directions will make the reception better or worse. So as you are cruising through twisty roads and the reception comes and goes, it will most likely be then antenna combined with an already weak signal due to distance from the station transmitter. So this is true for FM signals (including your weather band 162MHz), it differs for AM. OK, now the real world situation as observed by me on my Road Glide. I like not having an exposed antenna. As for reception, I have noticed differences in reception. Sometimes it is pretty bad and some are not a big deal, only temporary until I point the bike differently. I’m comparing my local stations that I’m familiar with using both types of antenna. You can also get a weather proof unit from West Marine.

7. 7 Dave Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Hey…I think it’s GREAT!!!

After I mount the new unit out of sight, I can put one of them long orange fishing pole like thingys with the little orange flags on the end on each corner of the TourPak. People then will look out for me and as a bonus, I probably can park in the handicap spaces.

Life is good !!!

8. 8 HDRYDER Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:44 am

@ Tina, I think they fooled you. Mounts inside the fairing, you will never see it, so if by less obvious you mean completely hidden, you are correct. @ partycrasher, Great info, well explained.

9. 9 Bigalyts Apr 16th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Why would anybody, listen to anything but Satellitte?

10. 10 mcmagic Apr 18th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I have one, and I haven’t noticed any decrease in reception or quality. I seldom use AM, but I use the WB and FM frequently.

11. 11 Skip Jul 20th, 2011 at 9:42 am

I got the Tunetrapper hidden antenna off ebay which fits inside the fairing has just one connection and works well – not directional at all. Plus its made in USA!