Billy Bob Bobber

Christoph Madaus, an avid biker for the last 33 years (he owns several Harleys, XLCR 1000, XR1000, FXR, Night Rod Special, Road King and a very special KHRM) is a talented German interior designer at Madaus Design and a custom motorcycle builder building only for himself under the label The German Motorcycle Authority. His most ambitious and well known project until now is the Twintrax Powerplus, but his most recent creation is a today’s style Bobber named Billy Bob getting its share of gold everywhere it is competing in bike shows.

The little info I was able to get about Billy Bob. Cristoph used a TGS rigid frame to install a 11o” Rev Tech engine whose original rocker boxes were replaced by a set of Xzotic ones mimicking the look of a Knucklehead. Oil tank is aluminum made and tucked under engine right side. Seat is spring mounted with a pneumatic rut. Front 2-piston caliper, rear sprocket brake kit, hand and foot controls (PM pegs) were sourced at Italian Kustom Tech. Exhaust comes from BSL. Bike is rolling on a pair of 18 x 4″ wheels dressed in Firestone rubber. German Motorcycle Authority. (photography copyright H. Roesler)

17 Responses to “Billy Bob Bobber”

1. 1 alan Apr 25th, 2011 at 7:32 am

beautifull i love everything bravo

2. 2 Jose Apr 25th, 2011 at 8:25 am

Very nice. Maybe a tiny bit too long for a Bobber.

3. 3 Shifter Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:05 am

Nicely done.

4. 4 chaos george Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:17 am

great bike lots of hidden details.

5. 5 Eric O Apr 25th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I like everything but the rocker boxes. I find them cheesy

6. 6 chopperfreak29 Apr 25th, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I agree with Eric O, the rocker boxes are cheezy. If you want an old engine, just get an old engine. Besides the Zero Engineering style is neat, but kinda tired these days. Even Shinya moved on.lol Unfortunately this just looks like an awkward copy. The work itself looks awesome, but it seems likes it’s just trying too hard.

7. 7 RedBeardedWierdo Apr 26th, 2011 at 12:17 am

No complaints here, the style & colours tickle all the right spots.

8. 8 A 1 CYCLES Apr 26th, 2011 at 8:11 am

THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS..AS IN THE CHROME PLATED WIRE STAY FOR THE SAFETY WIRED AXLE…YOU MUST LOOK AT THE HAND BUILT NOT THE STORE BOUGHT TO SEE THE OVERALL QUALITY AND TIME TO BUILD..EXCELLENT BIKE. AND DONT FORGET IT HAS MUFFLERS, SPEEDO, DIRECTIONALS..TUV COMPLIANT..VERY CLEAN FOR EU LEGAL

9. 9 Rick Lossner Apr 26th, 2011 at 8:53 am

Actually like this one…. doesn’t look like a ‘mini bike’ as many of the bobbers now do….. I do like the the way the rockers are ‘stuffed into the frame’… less wasted space..

Bravo!

10. 10 Cajun58 Apr 26th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Hey A 1 CYCLES why do you have to holler every time you post on this blog. Feel free to lose the CAPS!

11. 11 nubs66 Apr 26th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Best looking bike I’ve seen in a long while, love the rocker boxes too.

12. 12 Iron Horse Apr 26th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Love the bike…except for the wanna-be-knuckle rocker boxes. I’ve always been a fan of the goose necked frame, springer front and fat tires. Sure it’s been done before, but it just looks right.

13. 13 A 1 CYCLES Apr 26th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

SORRY CAJUN…my point of sale computer at my shop is always on caps..no offense im just lazy to turn it off…no dissrespect meant. will be more mindfull

14. 14 Kevin Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:39 am

Wow! Somethings just speak to me and this one speaks volumes.
    This one I’d be proud to roll down the road on.

Motorcycle as art with all the attention to detail. Where the TwinTrax
    is mad max this is more sculptural beauty.

Over the years, reading Cyril’s blog has made me realize many of the
    best ‘designers’ are individuals in small shops not ‘teams’ at manufacturers.

Good stuff, Cyril.

K

15. 15 nuno maroco Apr 27th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Nice bike, boober rules.

16. 16 jatinder pal Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:12 am

Real bikes looks like this…..beautiful piece of work.

17. 17 St8LineBobber Aug 13th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

This is one very nice looking bobber I usually dont like rake and stretch in a frame but this looks very good with the springer. oh and love the Knuck style rocker covers too, kind of adds a bit of individual style to the bike. I don’t see any cheese on them.

Crusher