Biker Belles. A Sturgis Celebration Of Women Riders.

On Wednesday August 10th, The Legendary Buffalo Chip will salute Women Riders, their passion, diversity and spirit during the 71st annual Sturgis Rally with a First Annual Biker Belles (TM) Celebration. Women from across the globe will hit the road to celebrate women’s role in shaping the culture, history and sport of motorcycling.

The inaugural Biker Belles(TM) celebration will begin in the historic town of Deadwood as the Lodge at Deadwood will roll out the red carpet and host a special welcome reception complete with events, entertainment and activities catered to women.  From Deadwood, Motor Maids member Meg McDonough and friends will lead a women’s-only ride to The Chip for a special Biker Belles party. There Laura Klock, will be selling raffle tickets for “SALT” a special bike she built alongside the girls and young women of the Abbott House (design by Carl Brouhard.) Thanks to Biker Belles™ sponsors, 100% of the riders’ contributions will go directly to the Abbott House and the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame.  The Chip expects the 2011 event to sell out – so get your registration in today!Tickets are $75 per person and can be purchased by clicking going to Biker Belles Rally Tickets or calling (605) 347-9000 .

8 Responses to “Biker Belles. A Sturgis Celebration Of Women Riders.”

1. 1 Wiz May 1st, 2011 at 2:01 am

Let’s see, how can I weasel my way into this one. A little pancake make-up, mascara, couple of Dixie cups stratigicly placed, hummm, one UGLY woman fer sure, but, it just might work! YUK-YUK!! Wiz

2. 2 Larry May 1st, 2011 at 11:12 am

I don’t understand why it is necessary to organize women only rides. Wouldn’t it be better to show their integration in the sport with rides mixing male and female bikers?

3. 3 Shifter May 1st, 2011 at 11:20 am

Male wants to join or at least follow…

4. 4 Wiz May 2nd, 2011 at 3:41 am

Oh God! I fergot my Ruby-Red lipstick! I’ll look like Bugs Bunny when he dressed up as a female Tazmainian Devil! BLA LA BLAWBA BLAWBULBA, SWEETIE!! YUK-YUK!! Wiz

5. 5 South Side Surfer May 2nd, 2011 at 8:59 am

I really don’t care about riding with a bunch of women, but it seems if we put men only, we get all kinds of crap from them. Hell, we had to spend thousands and thousands and more thousands of dollars in my town because one woman wanted to be a fireman, jump in the shower and get the job done, no special treatment.

6. 6 fluke May 2nd, 2011 at 11:56 am

A lot patch clubs are men only and always have been. If you want to bitch about being excluded, clean up your own house first.

But as it says on the packet “Women from across the globe will hit the road to celebrate women’s role in shaping the culture, history and sport of motorcycling.”

The day before and the day after I am sure all the participants will be riding and partying with men. There is a lot of misogyny and sexism in biker culture, why complain about the one day a year biker women get together free of that and just celebrate ourselves and raise money for charity in the process?

7. 7 Joe Mielke May 3rd, 2011 at 10:12 am

Wow, If you are a male rider and after reading this all you can do is bitch about it……..I’m sorry for any woman in your life. You certainly miss the point, if all you get out of this is that these women want to ride by themselves. Far from it.
    It’s a event to invite women to enjoy riding and encourage each other to be more active in our sport. Again too bad for you if you don’t get that.
    And the beneficiary of the event is the Abbott House. http://www.abbotthouse.org/ It is a last resort home and a new chance at life for some girls. These are girls who have been neglected, abused and worse. Certainly a worthy cause. This again is more important than your fragile male ego. Sorry if you are threatened by a bunch of women riders.
    I for one both live and work with female riders and Motor Maids too. I ride with them and support them any time I can. Not many things more impressive than watching the women you love ride the piss out of their motor bikes!

If your offended………………all I can say is open your eyes.

Joe Mielke
    605.228.3318

8. 8 Roxie May 12th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Can’t wait, I am going to register!!!
    Any ideas on where we can get a hotel in this area yet????

Crusher