Tweezer Action Suspension Solo Seat

If you are into riding classic or old school style bikes with solo seat, you probably have adopted (and adapted) a springs seat type suspension system. Not necessarily the most comfortable ride… Obsessed with the idea of improving his ride and after making a total of 356 seats with hinge in the front and springs in the rear, Ryan Devine got the light. One day, while removing with a tweezer a splinter from his finger, his attention turned to these tweezers and realized that the design just might work for a fully suspended, level riding suspension seat!  After building the first “Tweezer Action” suspension seat and riding it proved to be a success. With his system, Ryan claims that he can ride comfortably 1,000+ miles a day!

How does it work? the lower spring holds the seat from the middle and allows the whole seat, front to rear, to ride fully suspended. The upper and lower spring resemble a pair of tweezers. The seat suspension can be mounted several and set up to fit just about any application. A universal quick disconnect handles removing seat assembly when needed. Note, spring assembly mounts on frame, at the rear of tank. (on pictures, leather was used to cover frame and electrical, held in by dash and by two retainers.) More explanation at Traveling Man Custom Seats USA.

8 Responses to “Tweezer Action Suspension Solo Seat”

1. 1 Boss Hawg May 12th, 2011 at 8:14 am

Novel old technology. I like it though, but the metal seat pan…ouch.

I’m like most the older guys here with a case of the gone ass…sit my ass on a wheel barrow inner tube anytime with about 8psi…the best damn air-ride suspension you can get. Believe me…Try it!

Boss Hawg

2. 2 Bad Company May 12th, 2011 at 8:12 pm

i ride a 1950 pan chopper and have done so for the last 15 years and had a spring seat on it up till last summer . got a t, m, seat for my 63 birthday and put it on her and gave it a try and it realy works. its cool in the sun and souf on my ass. i love it . I now slow down for my bike sake and not for me. I ride long and not so hard any more thanks to t. m. seats . thanks t. m. for a job well done for all the bikers world . ride on.

3. 3 Foxy Girl May 13th, 2011 at 12:40 am

Boss Hawg you ride on a inner tube, what happened to your seat? Have you tried one of these seats yet? I have never seen anything like this!

Foxy Girl

4. 4 Wiz May 13th, 2011 at 2:46 am

Great idea! The trouble with the conventional 4″ springs is they don’t have enough travel, ‘an when you put 6″ springs on it’s like being on a pogo stick! It also breaks alot of the front mounts at the most inoppertune times. Wiz

5. 5 Roscoe May 13th, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I have ridin’ on three different TM seats and Tm suspensions in the past 4 years. I’m sixty two and still able to ride from So Cal to Portland Or without havin to stop for anything other than food n gas. The aluminum seat stays cool even in the valley’s summer heat. I have a 2003 Deuce and I could not do that with any other seat, old style coil spring suspension, or top of the line HD cushion. Because of this new “Tweezer Action” suspension I no longer get back ache or butt tired in 75 miles. This seat and suspension is ahead of it’s time.

6. 6 Old Guy May 13th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Wiz, just to make it clear; we are talking about a car leaf spring on TM CUSTOM SEATS not coil springs. Check out the web site of TMCUSTOMSEATS.COM/HOME and you will see what I am talking about. Thank you TM Seats for letting me ride in comfort, Old Guy.

7. 7 bird dog May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am

i like this seat . its way ahead of its time and out side the box. hd should be all over it. good work keep it up t.m.coustom seats your on the right road..bird dog

8. 8 j. j. May 17th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

this leafspring cool in the sun seat is a real 1%ers seat long and hard rideing mile after milemust see it to blive it. good job . t.m. coustom seats. j.j.

Crusher