11th Annual Las Vegas BikeFest

Organizers of Las Vegas BikeFest tell me that they will offer set of activities and entertainment for their 11th annual edition (Sep. 29, Oct 2, 2011.) Number of vendors and hotel reservations are already 100% ahead of last year, a very good sign for the event but also showing that our industry is bottoming out. First the $50 Ultimate Pass gives you much more than during the former events: Vendor Village entry ($15.00 value); event t-shirt; commemorative souvenir (first 7,500 to pick up their registration package); rally pin (pin not available for sale separately); shuttle service ($5.00 each way value); drinks and snacks at Welcome Party; Grand Prize Giveaway entries; discounts on food & beverage in Vendor Village (specific locations); entry to all the activities in the Cashman Theater; Plus you can participate in any of the following: Friday Poker Run, Friday Poker Walk, Saturday Poker Run &Bike entry in the Custom Bike Show. Just want the goodies? Just want to Party?  Then register for the  Party Pass it’s only $25   The T-shirt and the Vendor Village entry alone are worth more than $25 so it’s a great deal. Registration just opened at Las Vegas Bike Fest. Registration is open at Las Vegas BikeFest.

Las Vegas BikeFest’s Headquarter Hotel is the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino.  In addition to offering great room rates, the Golden Nugget will host the Event Registration as well as many special activities throughout the weekend.  Make your reservations online or call 800-634-3454 and be sure to ask for the Las Vegas BikeFest room block.  Other participating hotels include the Fitz, Four Queens, Golden Gate, Vegas Club and the newly renovated Plaza Hotel.  Each hotel offers convenient access to the famous Fremont Street Experience.

Regarding new activities and entertainment a top heart stopping, non-stop screaming fun Stunt Show with Sportbike Freestyle Riders Nick Apex and Ernie Vigil of Team Empire.
The Limpnickie Lot, a cooperative of custom bike builders and parts manufacturers will be participating in the 2011 Las Vegas BikeFest edition. They will show their new bikes and bikes, offer a half-pipe skateboard run, entertainment and music, as well as builders signing autographs.

The famous Artistry In Iron custom bike competition inside the Cashman Center is stronger this year with a lot of new creations to be shown from 20 well known and up and coming builders. Already confirmed: Ryan Boyd, Boyd Motor Company, Loveland, CO. Paul Cavallo, Spitfire Motorcycles, Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Copper Mike Cole, Gravesend Cycles, Inc, Lindenhurst, NY. Aaron Glenn, Glenndyne Design, Mustang, OK. Ruben Guerra, Dino’s Custom Cycles, Lakewood, CO. Gard Hollinger, LA County Choprods, Gardena, CA. Kenji Nagai, Cycle Kraft/Ken’s Factory, Torrance, CA. Jim Nasi, Jim Nasi Customs, Phoenix, AZ. Larry Pierce, Garage Company Customs, Pelham, AL. Chris Richardson, LA Speed Shop, Alhambra, CA. Danny Schneider, Hardnine Choppers, Bern, Switzerland. Kirk Taylor, Custom Design Studios, Novato, CA. Mike Tomas, Kiwi Indian Motorcycles, Riverside, CA. Dalton Walker, Split Image Kustoms, Hanford, CA. Paul Wideman, Bare Knuckle Choppers, Hawk Point, MO. Las Vegas BikeFest. (photography by Bikerpics.org)

14 Responses to “11th Annual Las Vegas BikeFest”

1. 1 John Bradington Jun 29th, 2011 at 7:14 am

Going this year. Like bikes in vegas.

2. 2 Hank V.O Jun 29th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I didn’t make the trip last year because the year before was such a joke. They actually had a vendor selling funnels for women to use to be able to pee standing up. So I hope this year the do a better job of contracting vendors that actually have something to do with motorcycles. This used to be an awesome event. Still debating on going this year or not.

3. 3 Rebecca Jun 29th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Thank you Cyril, we are working VERY hard to make this a kick ass event. The motorcycle industry is still feeling the economic down turn however I am hearing good news everyday and I think we are seeing a flicker of light at the end of “that” tunnel! Vendors that have not been to our event in several years are coming back and new vendors are calling everyday so we are very excited! We are so excited to have a younger crowd eager to join us as well. Any sport bike manufacturers out there want to get involved? You will have an audience…

@Hank, who is this funnel manufacturer and where do I get one? Why should you guys be the only ones that get to stand up and pee!? Chics unite for your right to pee upright!

4. 4 Mike Jun 29th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Sorry Rebecca, But IMHO Bikefest is one of the “poorest” run motocycle events and it is / has been getting worse. The Sahara last year was a joke as was no particpation from the casinos on the Fremont.

And speaking of Fremont, no ” Bike show” and no ” Name ” entertainment for the last 2 years.

$15 to get into shop at Cashman ??? Think not!

Oh well there still are plenty of sheep around.

Might I suggest some partnership at the racetrack, Superbike or Drag, something, anything, wait there’s the Poker Walk, uh sorry!!

5. 5 ROGUE Jun 30th, 2011 at 7:28 am

I have been receiving a lot of negative reports over the past year about law enforcement treatment of motorcycle riders in the Las Vegas area.
    Does anyone have a comment on that?

6. 6 TigerLily Jun 30th, 2011 at 11:26 am

I wrote two articles last year about BikeFest. I didn’t think my editor would want the one where I caught LVMPD stripping down bikers to the waist in plain view of crowds to take pics of their tattoos.

Here’s that article – see the pics at the bottom.

I have audio of what the club members told me and audio of what the cops told me. The cops in Vegas are out of control. And top on their list are patched bikers. If you wear a patch, you’re a target. If you wear a patch they don’t recognize – you’re a bigger target. If you want to hear the audios I’ll be happy to produce them – contact me a tgrlil@live.com. In fact, maybe I’ll do a you-tube with the audio and pics.

I covered this story on the Hermis Radio Show. Here’s the link to that show:

You can hear the audio of my interview with two of the cops beginning at the 41:49 minute marker.

Here is my lighter side of my coverage of the event:

Our helmet choice bill did NOT pass, so be prepared to bring a large helmet. If you wear a novelty and are from out of the state, you risk being detained for a helmet inspection.

Had the choice bill passed that would have removed one tool from police to harass us. The law is 100% unenforceable if you fight it in court. But cops know that out-of-towners won’t fight it, they’ll just pay. Here’s a story of how unenforceable the helmet law is: http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/dont-mess-with-helmet-less-in-nevada.html

If you get pulled over in town, do your absolute best to park your motorcycle on private property, that is, at a strip mall or fast food lot. If you think they are about to arrest you, make it very, very clear that you do not want your bike impounded and that you can call a friend to pick it up. Their policy manual states that if cars are on private property the cops must give you that option. But they violate their own policies constantly and won’t tell you about that option. They are in bed with the towing companies, so it’s a revenue issue.

I am connected with a biker named David Stilwell of BOLT and he founded Guerrilla Lawfare. Dave is an open carrier who walked into the police station carrying his gun and asked for a policy manual. The clerk thought he was a cop so she gave him one. So we are in possession of a complete manual and when we encounter cops, we cite their own policy to them.

Always have a recording device with you – ALWAYS ALWAYS. A hidden one is better. Be careful using it because the cops have stepped up their aggression against citizens that record them. In March this year a citizen got kicked multiple times in the face for videotaping – broke his nose. http://www.lvrj.com/news/exclusive-police-beating-of-las-vegas-man-caught-on-tape-120509439.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

On 4/13 I was handcuffed for 56 minutes for taping cops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY4R4hERCaA

During the Laughlin River Run I was about to get “Rodney Kinged” over my cam. I need to do a you-tube on that one. See the few pics I took and read the comments: https://picasaweb.google.com/112045694875336376677/May12011LaughlinRiverRunDramaWithLVMPD?authkey=Gv1sRgCLHYxdvDhZi4aA

Another reporter (that hasn’t given me permission to identify him) was ordered to delete all the pics he took of cops messing with bikers at the Laughlin River Run – and he did.

On 4/26 I was arrested and spent 24 hours in jail for videotaping a cop – 35 feet away. (First arrest of my life.)

The City of North Las Vegas is more aggressive than Metro. But they recently laid off a bunch of them because of their budget. I say good riddens. They cannot prevent crimes – they can only investigate them afterwards and they do a piss poor job of that!

A helmet ticket in NLV is $302; in Las Vegas it’s $200. And it’s up to officer discretion if they force you to get a “real” helmet before you can ride off. If you can’t find one they might attempt to impound your bike. I will see about a hotline to call to get a volunteer to take a helmet to you so they don’t impound your bike. Or just have one handy that you can switch off if you are found in that scenario.

If you want to stay safe, when pulled over, kiss the cops asses so that they don’t get offended by any “attitude.” You won’t win. They have the guns, tazers, clubs, and manpower to win. Leave the “rights-activism” to us locals to fix the problem. There are several of us working hard to clean up our cop mess.

Make sure you have your DL, Registration, and Proof of Ins handy so you don’t have to fish around for it in your saddle bags. My son was given a ticket for no insurance because the cop was too impatient to wait for him to find it. (The charge was dropped, of course, but my son had to go to court to show the judge that he was insured.)

You need to have a motorcycle endorsement to ride legally here. Fishing around for your stuff in your saddlebags makes them nervous and if they see something suspect they will use that as reasonable suspicion to go through your stuff. NEVER CONSENT TO THEIR SEARCHES – EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU DON’T HAVE ANY CONTRABAND!! I wouldn’t put it past them to plant something on you.

They are trained to believe that ALL MOTORCYCLISTS ARE DANGEROUS. One of the tricks they use is to force you to keep your kickstand up so that you are less able to attack them.

Don’t wear high-profile patches and hide your tattoos. I”ve heard stories of 1%ers getting blockaded and sent back with machine guns. Ride in packs, and if you have a gun rights activist in your group who is comfortable open carrying, have them open carry. Cops (like criminals) would rather mess with lower hanging fruit than to deal with a group of bikers if they see that one is openly carrying. If you’re not 100% sure about the gun laws in Nevada, please go to opencarry.org, go to the Nevada section and ask questions. That blog is full of people that KNOW the laws and they will point you in the right direction to read the law for yourself.

Please keep my contact info handy to call me if you need me to report something to my magazine or to make some calls in your behalf if you get your rights violated. If you see someone getting violated take your friends in a pack and start videotaping. Don’t get too close – just close enough so that these cops know they are being watched.

If you are alone, and you think things are going sour, start shouting to draw attention. People will think you’re drunk, but having spectators around will lessen the chances that you’ll get hurt.

If you don’t have a way to video, point your phone to them so they think they’re being recorded. If they ask you if you’re recording – never answer with a lie. Try to answer with a question. Something like:

Cop: Is that thing really recording?

Biker: Why would you even ask a question like that?

Cop: Don’t you know our Nevada laws on filming cops? (Notice the question the cop asks. He’s making you think that Nevada has a law against filming cops. He didn’t say that – he’s using trickery to get you to turn your cam off.)

Biker: Are you telling me it’s against the law? I need to know because I’m hoping this is streaming live over the net. (notice you didn’t say it WAS streaming live – you’re saying you’re hoping!)

Cop: At this point he will either give up and let you record or he will resort to violence.

I hope you come to Nevada cause we need the economic stimulation – our state has the worst unemployment and foreclosure rates in the nation! But it’s more important to me that you avoid the tyranny.

Hope to meet you at Bike Fest!

7. 7 ROGUE Jul 1st, 2011 at 8:50 am

I think that Event Promotors should work with City Officials, Tourism Bureau and Law Enforcement to see that the city is protected BUT Also that Law Enforcement Does Not Look At Events as a Chance to Harass People, Gather Information and Increse Income from questionable tickets that they know out of towners will not come back to fight because it would cost them more that the ticket.

8. 8 Bud Jul 1st, 2011 at 10:19 am

Who built the bike in the pic?

9. 9 Rebecca Jul 5th, 2011 at 10:48 am

@Bud, one of our Artistry in Iron builders…I’ll find out for you

10. 10 mike corbin Jul 5th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Should we go or not ?

11. 11 Blue Jul 7th, 2011 at 9:53 am

Bud, the bike is ‘Patience’, built by Evil Spirit Engineering in Burbank.

Always a good idea if you’re using images to promote your event, to know what they are!

12. 12 Bud Jul 9th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

@Blue, thank you!

13. 13 Dave Fisherman. Jan 19th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I live in N.Y.
    I’d love to go to the 2012 Losvegas bikefeast
    bikeweek rally.
    Were can I order a 2012 vegas bikefeast t-shirt.
    Thanks Dave Fisherman.-N.Y.

1. 1 11th Annual Las Vegas BikeFest | ProRidersMarketing Pingback on Jul 1st, 2011 at 9:06 am
Crusher