Lead Indian marketing efforts in development and implementation of strategies and plan that meet or exceed retail sales objectives. Key leader in driving Indian Motorcycles to become a Global Motorcycle Brand.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities.
Marketing/Brand Strategies and Plan Development
• Develops and implements short and long-term marketing plans and strategies to support the growth objectives of the company. Identifies, qualifies and pursues growth opportunities.
• Develops and executes purchase funnel strategies from awareness to purchase.
• Leads development and implementation of branding/positioning strategies that differentiates the products in the marketplace through product advertising, including consumer shows.
• Creates, tests, and executes retail programs and promotions that are impactful and cost effective.
• Responsible for delivering retail market share growth.
• Develop marketing budget and manage accordingly
Lead “Grass Roots” Strategies of the Indian Marketing Plan.
• Development of marketing plan elements (i.e. consumer demo events, local consumer events, targeted marketing efforts, impactful dealership point-of-sale, effective dealership retail selling training support)
• Deliver breakthrough publicity efforts that generate awareness and consumer-driven retail sales pull demand
• Lead marketing strategies for Indian website and on-line marketing resources
• Recommend and lead development of high impact partnerships and sponsorships
• Responsible for delivering consumer retail sales results within limits of marketing budget
Product Development, Voice of Customer and Competition
• Lead Voice of the Customer strategies to drive effective and compelling Indian product development.
• Integrates with Product Managers and PDC to lead effective product development portfolio planning and compelling product commercialization strategies.
• Tracks and analyzes competitive programs, products and activities in the marketplace.
• Analyzes and reports market share results; develops plans and programs which capitalize on opportunities and addresses issues.
Marketing Team Leadership and Development
• Hires, trains, develops, coaches and builds an A-1 marketing team. Expands the team, as needed, to meet the growth goals.
• Builds the functional expertise and organizational credibility of the marketing department, transforming the organization from a sales/product driven environment to a marketing/product driven culture.
• Leads cross-functional teams to bring new products to market rapidly and on budget.
• Manages outside agency resources including the advertising agency and, together with the Corporate Communications Manager, manages press, public relations and legislative efforts to capitalize on brand presence opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelors degree in related field required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• 8-12 years marketing experience and 3-5+ years managerial experience required.
• Proven track record of marketing expertise and successes, with hands-on knowledge of strategy, competitive analysis, development, advertising, promotion, market research and portfolio management
• Global brand strategy experience (global plans and strategies with North America primary focus)
• Retail driven B2C communications executed through B2B
• Premium brand management experience (CI, CSI, CRM), drive consistent strategy and execution across all the brand/consumer touch points
• Outstanding leadership skills.
• An understanding, appreciation and or passion for motorized vehicles.
• Strong problem solving & organizational skills
Apply for this marketing job by filing out your complete Resume at: Marketing Director For Indian Motorcycles.