Resignation Of Terry Nesbitt President Of Viper Motorcycle Co.

Today, John Silseth CEO of Viper Powersports Inc., announced the resignation and retirement of Terry Nesbitt, veteran employee, President of Viper Motorcycle Company and Director of Viper Powersports, Inc. According to John Silseth, CEO, “Terry is a co-founder and long time valued employee. It’s been a pleasure to work together all these years. I’m sad to see him leave but wish him the very best. Terry will always be a part of the Viper team”.

Terry Nesbitt, stated, “It’s been a tough decision but it’s time. Having the opportunity to help build Viper into a new American made OEM over the years has been an honor. We are very proud of our accomplishments and believe Viper will continue moving forward and develop into a motorcycle industry force. I want to thank our share holders, dealers and customers as well as everyone involved in supporting our efforts. I continue to wish John and the entire Viper team much luck and continued success”.

Viper Powersports designs, manufactures and markets through an independent dealer network a line of premium American V-Twin Super Cruiser motorcycles, V-Twin aftermarket 152” engines in a joint venture partnership withIlmor Engineering  and other related aftermarket products.

14 Responses to “Resignation Of Terry Nesbitt President Of Viper Motorcycle Co.”

1. 1 Eric Maurer Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Viper Motorcycles?

2. 2 hoyt Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

yeah Eric…plenty of good reading about them and their partnership with Illmor. You know Illmor, right?

Plenty of good reading about them available too.

3. 3 PartsGuy Jul 8th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Terry is an incredible guy. Whatever the reason, I’m sure he has a bright future. Even if it truly is retirement. Good luck Terry. These are tough times and every company is vulnerable.

4. 4 Bleeding Ears Jul 8th, 2011 at 10:23 pm

What a joke. 152 cubic inches and 117 “advertised horspower”

I like LOUD pipes.

5. 5 Luis Jul 8th, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Ilmor was no joke in F1 back in the mid 90’s

6. 6 Unkl Ian Jul 9th, 2011 at 4:08 am

Ilmor knows their stuff; but given free rein, I doubt
    they would come up with a push rod 45 degree twin.

7. 7 BigAlyts Jul 9th, 2011 at 7:47 am

VIPER, Who? Yeah I saw 2, and they became part of the Decor of dead Bikes for sale that have had a Birthday at Thunder. No fault of Thunder! I was told that you can Look, but not touch! I saw a advertisement about a Year or two ago that they were doing a Limited Price Reduction and selling them for $29,995.00. A Fair number for a Motorcycle that is actually on the streets and supported by a Dealer or Factory. I think these Bikes were built for “Undercover Work” !

8. 8 Rick Lossner Jul 9th, 2011 at 9:20 am

Frame is too small on the bike… looks like a wimpy soft tail. One day they’ll design a bike that actually fits someone over 6′ and 250 lbs… .. but .. HD hasn’t figured that out yet either… only Indian seems to have……..

9. 9 harleynot Jul 9th, 2011 at 9:23 am

Best of luck with Polaris and 2013 Indian Scout development Terry….do it right…..

10. 10 harleynot Jul 9th, 2011 at 9:32 am

..Terry will fit in just fine @ Polas designing the 2013 Indian Scout…

11. 11 burnout Jul 9th, 2011 at 10:56 am

Well well. peace

12. 12 Fredp Jul 10th, 2011 at 1:23 am

Bleeding Ears: The Viper engine is a short stroked. Horsepower is not the kicker here. It’s the torque the monster makes. 145 ft/lb of torque at 3 grand. When I was their General Manager and got the bike certified for 50 state emissions, I had the opportunity to rip up some miles through the backroads of Minnesota. Hope you get the chance to ride one someday. I am still in awe of its power and manuverbility. Check out their standing start 3RD GEAR burnout on You Tube. American Iron Mag did a review for me in 2008. and were impressed enough to make it their coverbike on their new products catalog that year. This was before Ilmor joined the development of “tweaking the engine’s” performance. I can ONLY imagine what the baby does now. Check out ViperMotorcycle Company website for the stories.
    Now, if I could have only convinced them to move to Arizona out of that cold miserable weather of Minnesota!, I would have liked to stay. But, hey, It was great to see Terry step in and move forward with Viper’s Vision.

13. 13 Jason Jul 11th, 2011 at 10:05 am

I worked with Ilmor (as a supplier for the v-twin) a few years back and interviewed with them in 2009…that place was like the starship enterprise! The doors in that place open and close like a spaceship…I wanted to work there so bad!

14. 14 Rick Fairless Jul 11th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I have worked with Terry Nesbit for many years. He is an asset to our industry & I am sad to see him leave Viper, but I know he will enjoy his retirement. Terry told me he’ll be at Strokers more often just to make sure I’m keeping the beer cold! Good luck my friend & I’ll C-ya soon.
    RF