2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 10th Anniversary

Ten years already that Harley-Davidson launched the original liquid-cooled Revolution engine in a brand new styling called the V-Rod. The V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition is a tribute to the original 2002 V-Rod, the motorcycle that introduced brilliant silver pearl bodywork with color-matched frame. The 2012 anniversary model retains the evocation of anodized aluminum bodywork featured on the original V-Rod. Extra chrome and polished surfaces dazzle on the engine, exhaust and speed screen.

Key V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition Features:

Rubber-mounted, liquid-cooled, 1250 cc Revolution® engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI); 125 hp @ 8,250 rpm; 85 ft. lbs. @ 7,000 rpm.
NEW Straight-shot exhaust with dual, chrome slash-cut mufflers and chrome exhaust shield.
NEW Split five-spoke cast aluminum wheels with diamond cut highlights.
NEW Pullback handlebar with polished finish.
NEW Inverted front forks in silver and polished finishes.
NEW Stylized, chrome speed screen visor.
NEW Graphics, including V-Rod 10th anniversary emblem.
NEW Chrome powertrain with platinum crankcase and heads.
240 mm wide rear tire.

14 Responses to “2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod 10th Anniversary”

1. 1 Sportster Mike Jul 21st, 2011 at 7:54 am

TEN years already? Jeez I must be getting old – what with time flying like this…
    Still don’t see that many VRods here in England

I remember an old codger that I worked with when I was an apprentice saying ‘time flies, son, one minute you’re at school, then its getting married, then whoosh before you know it your knees ache and you’re 55’

Damn.. I’m 53 – it’s working though.. my knees do ache

Still nice bike though

2. 2 Seymour Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:02 am

Not bad.

3. 3 TBW Jul 21st, 2011 at 9:12 am

I am wondering why there are pictures of Twin Cam nose cone and heads in this article. It’s specifically for the V-rod. Just an observation.

4. 4 Kustoms and Choppers Jul 21st, 2011 at 10:20 am

Im not a huge fan of Stock Harley’s, I prefer Choppers but thats a good bike!

5. 5 chopmonster66 Jul 21st, 2011 at 10:30 am

TBW is correct ,those are tiwn cam pics, do they think people are stupid?

6. 6 chopperfreak29 Jul 21st, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I like the tail section and the overall flow of the bike. As time goes on I’m finally starting to appreciate the v-rod. Who knew?LOL I still say it needs a little bit shorter wheel base and a sportier stance though. But until I actually ride one, that’s all conjecture.

7. 7 Toby Jul 21st, 2011 at 4:57 pm

The single biggest problem with the V-Rod is that you need the wallet of a 40 year old and the spine of a 20 year old to ride one. Yes, they are fast and turbine-like smooth, and a blast to ride. I have personally ridden both types (muscle and standard) and the older model with mids. But man, ride over 20 miles and the old back starts to ache. The C-clamp riding position is not conducive to spinal health. It was better with the original slightly forward mid-controls.

Still, I am betting on seeing this engine in a touring model in the not too distant future.

8. 8 Philip Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:47 am

Toby has it down. Cycle Visions floorboards and a different seat can help sort the riding position a little. But neither helps the wonky steering of this “drag” bike.

9. 9 nuno maroco Jul 26th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

My heart steell pump every time i see the only V-Rod that exist in my city. that exist from around 800 years old.

10. 10 aaron Jul 26th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

wait – it’s painted silver to remind you that 10 years ago it had alloy bodywork? well, I guess I was lighter and more interesting back then too….

11. 11 Todd8080 Jul 29th, 2011 at 9:44 am

V-Rod nostalgia? What’s next, a limited-edition 88″ Twinkie?

12. 12 boscoe Aug 1st, 2011 at 1:51 pm

The 2012 version REALLY is new and improved. It ain’t just hype. You couldn’t have given me a V-Rod in the past. Great engine, good fit and finish, sweeping eye-catching lines – and The Most Awful Riding Position in All Motorcycledom.
    But the new seat, bar and peg position have changed all that. The rear end styling is updated. The new suspension works great. This thing is so good, I broke down and bought one (after a test ride, of course).
    I don’t have the fancy silver. Not sure it’s on the market yet and not my taste anyway.
    And for those who say this is a kid’s bike not meant for an old guy’s body, I say: Hogwash! I’m 62 years old and have no issue (thanks to the new riding position. The old was terrible. My feet blew off the pegs at 110 mph).

13. 13 Andrew Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I have a 2009 Night Rod Special and absolutely love it. The riding position needed some work, rectified with the Reach handlebar and Sundowner touring seat. The pegs are a bit far forward and I planed on using the Reach mounts, but have gotten used to them and no longer want to change.

While my bike is an 09, I bought it new this past April and already have 4,000 miles on the clock. Best bike I ever owned.

By the way, I am 43-years-old, and no discomfort whatsoever, even on a 500 mile day.

14. 14 Mark Sep 24th, 2011 at 1:11 am

I have a 2009 AW and I love it. Great riding position. Great ride!

Crusher