2011 AMD World Champion. Ken Tabata From Japan.

The 2001 AMD World Champion is Ken Tabata  from shop Tavax Engineering in Yao City, Osaka, Japan. Engine is S&S H93. Ken Tabata, worked for 2-1/2 years on his sculpted all aluminum bodywork winning bike designed to look like a Cheetah on wheels about to pounce…The swingarm pivots from behind the rear cylinder, arcing over the transmission, and carrying a linkage system operated single shock, a design found on many modern sports bikes. Wheels are 17″ from Marchesini equipped with floating rotors and Lockheed brake calipers. (pictures copyright Frank Sanders & Onno “Berserk”  Wieringa for Cyril Huze)

35 Responses to “2011 AMD World Champion. Ken Tabata From Japan.”

1. 1 fuji Aug 10th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Wow !

2. 2 Steve Carr Aug 10th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

All of these bikes are nice, nothing bad to to say about any of them.

I would like to say, I think the custom high end purpose built bike scene in a serious slump, very bland concepts, I just don’t get it. Maybe it’s just me, who the f__k knows.

Steve Carr

3. 3 Michael Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Oh man… Japan proves time and time again that they’re operating on a whole different level. Much props for this molten monster.

4. 4 krugger Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:17 am

Amazing work!! Congratulation

5. 5 seiji Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:05 am

田端さん、本当におめでとう!!アメリカ人が可哀想や(笑)。

6. 6 Brother T Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:42 am

Love it. Imagine ordering that kind of bike, in your choice of colored chromes…

7. 7 chopmonster66 Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:42 am

wow!! you can tell this man loves his work. BAD ASS !!

8. 8 bigalyts Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:58 am

iIt takes about an hour to look at this Bike! I aien’t got time, I have to go to Work!

9. 9 uhl Aug 11th, 2011 at 9:29 am

This is simply amazing,I have never seen anything like it. Reminds me of Megatron.

10. 10 Ed Martin Aug 11th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Omedetou! Youku yari mashita! Edo

11. 11 Mike Tomas Kiwi Indian MC Co Aug 11th, 2011 at 9:32 am

The AMD World Champs proves each year to bring out the best of the best.

12. 12 CafeSportyTC Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:14 am

nice looking bike , it looks like it grew that way , very organic looking through the shiny metalwork… i think its neat!

13. 13 Josh Bourassa Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:36 am

Proof in the puddin, that bike is an anomaly. I absolutly love seeing the national character that the AMD show brings. I’m still wrapping my head around Kens bike. AMAZING!

14. 14 TRexSG Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:51 am

This has to be one of the ugliest motorcycles I’ve ever seen!

It looks like it came straight out of a Transformer movie…and since I’m not 12 that is a concept that does not remotely appeal to me.

15. 15 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian Motorcycle Co Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

The picture does not do the bike justice at all.
    To see it in person and feel the parts is the only way to appreciate it to its fullest. Outstanding in every single way. Flawless

16. 16 nuno maroco Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

In my opinion, maybe one off the most complex bike to build ever, and that deserve all the respect,
    congrats to the Builder.

17. 17 Rick Peyton Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Shiny….

18. 18 Mad Eric Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Am I looking at a different bike to the majority of people on here? Aesthetically it’s plain ugly and although there must be some clever engineering involved I just cannot bring myself to like the styling, lines, or finish at all.

19. 19 Kustoms and Choppers Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Wow, its different

20. 20 Nobody Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Usually I dont like shit tons of chrome, but this sucker is pretty slick. A version with red or blue tint. would be down right wicked.

21. 21 CafeSportyTC Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:02 pm

mad eric , i can totally understand your opinion… in no way is it pretty , just something about it makes you appreciate the work that went into it. it looks more like something that would be living and breathing in a sci-fi movie.

22. 22 Mad Eric Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Fair enough!

23. 23 KAOS Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:45 pm

i know and can appreciate all the designing and hard work. But honestly it makes my head hurt looking at it, i just don’t believe it’s a good looking m/c. It does take all kinds to make the world go round, so Ken keep doing what you do.

24. 24 Chris Saddler Sam (SakeRacer) Aug 12th, 2011 at 3:29 am

hmmmmmmm….
    respect for all the work this guy put on this bike…

but please…. 3 spoked wheels???? c’mon!!!!! he couldnt think anything a lil bit more inspired???
    thats tres-banal!!!

:)))

and then… mustang styled small chopperish gas-tank??? wtf!!! use your immagination!!!

😀

and that seat… would be ok on a cafe racer… but on this bike… no!

hmmmmmm….
    CHANGE THESE 3 LIL THINGS…
    AND WE TALK AFTERWARDS!!

😉

25. 25 RUB Aug 12th, 2011 at 4:00 am

where does the babe sit ?

26. 26 Steve the Hog Radio producer Johann Aug 12th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I read on another site that the concept was to create a bike which represented a cheetah running along the plains of Africa. It does indeed resemble such a beast while maintaining its roots as a race bike. It took 3 1/2 years to build.

Would love to see this thing out on a track at top speeds.

Great job and I agree with earlier poster it would take an hour to look this thing over.

27. 27 fuji Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I keep coming back to look at this bike.

Without a doubt the best build that I have ever seen.

Want to see it in person.

28. 28 1550tc Aug 13th, 2011 at 10:47 am

unreal bike and i guess that is what this class is all about SHOW BIKES

where are you rodger goldammer with your less is more bikes and bikes that can actually be ridden 1 miles?? IMO you might as well have jeff decker enter one of pieces of art in to this category at this show 🙂

good to see darwin and the his guys win their class 🙂

kiwi mike i fully agree with you on this bike and the show……ive worn out the zoom arrow

29. 29 zyon Aug 13th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I thought it took forever to polish the chrome on my bike! I’d hate to buy polish for this thing. I give it a giant fail for the rims and the exhaust. If you are going to commit to that much chrome, go all the way

30. 30 Three Two Choppers Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:49 am

Hate it or love it. It took 1st over some amazing bikes from
    All over the world and was judged by the builders and others in the industry.
    Congrats on an amazing bike!!

31. 31 Patrick R Aug 15th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

AMAZING amount of detail work! Simply a work of art~

32. 32 Matt Olsen Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

This bike is amazing in person. The best pictures cannot do it justice. If you ever get the chance to see it in real life, try to make it happen.

33. 33 Matt Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:15 am

Truely awe inspiring, Whom ever says that bike building isn’t a form of art I would certainly refer them to this bike.

34. 34 live2rideaglide Aug 19th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

It sure is shiny and busy. To me sometimes less is more and this is a lot. I appreciate the fabrication and the technical aspect , but it reminds me of a backlash in a spinning reel with wheels. For my taste, goes to many directions.

35. 35 Tsukasa Tsujimoto Aug 19th, 2011 at 8:19 pm