Desperado Junction Expo. Bikes. Parts. Rock N’ Roll.

Made a pit stop in Lead, just above historic Deadwood, at the Junction Biker Expo to sign my shop and blog tee-shirts. And I must admit that some vendors (Jeff Nicklus of Desperado Custom Motorcycles to not name him) knows quite a few tricks to attract a crowd to his bikes display and to my autograph table. I enjoyed very much his marketing method…

After that I was invited to a Jasmine Cain dinner/concert at the close by hotel. With the gift of her voice, her rock n’ roll energy and the raw guitars of her band, Jasmine impressed both the crowd and my group. We all agree that after touring the country during many years, she’s got now the stage presence to open for the biggest acts of the rock scene. And we told her when she joined us for a group picture with the Nicklus family (Jeff, Conrad, Cindy) and friends.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

13 Responses to “Desperado Junction Expo. Bikes. Parts. Rock N’ Roll.”

1. 1 XH-D Rider Aug 12th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Cyril
    You are one skinny Dude

2. 2 Boss Hawg Aug 12th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Well now that Texas Governor Rick Perry has announced his candidacy for President do we here Jeff Nicklus for VP as his running mate?

Pleased and happy for you that you Desperado Junction is doing well for you, Brother!

Boss Hawg

3. 3 nicker Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Jeff,
    Sounds like all that work paid off (OK back on the diet)….. :-)
    Hope you-all had a good time and a successful show.

Sorry i missed opening day….. :-(
    That rain storm on the 5th(?) about “washed” me down into Deadwood.

Wish i’d taken a picture of the Chamber of commerce lady, dress dandles on, a rive of water running over her feet standing in the middle of the Boot Tent. That showed true commitment to the cause.

Got out-a town the next day in time to ride through a monster thunder head between Casper & Cheyenne (biggest in 50+ years of riding).

It actually had a circular cloud forming around it’s crown. So much water blowing around the engine temp gauge dropped dropped from 290 to 100. Hydroplaning all over two lanes, one Hell of a ride…… :-)

Blew out the other side into the sun & pulled into the Comfort Suits to see half the guests outside taking pictures of the damned thing heading out-a town to the North-East. Hope it didn’t catch you guys.

-nicker-

That rain storm on the 5th

4. 4 Harry from OK Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:02 pm

How in the hell does Jeff get all those hot chicks around him? Guess it’s a curse I suppose…

5. 5 1550tc Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Jeff, good you see you and Conrad again………….this venue can only get better each year………I have to send you 10000000000 “No Bama 2012″ bumber stickers

6. 6 Robert Filla Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:24 am

Jeff, Thanks so much for inviting Thunder Press magazine to be a part of this first year event. It was good despite having to fight the rain, wind storm and hail. We look forward to paticipating again next year.
    Ride safe and see you back in Texas.
    Robert – South Editor

7. 7 Steve Carr Aug 13th, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Jeff,

Congratulations on everything, I always look up to you

Steve Carr

8. 8 Joe Biggs Aug 15th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Way to go, Jeff. You told me you were going to do it and YOU DID IT !!!

Here’s to year 1 and many more to come (if your sanity can hold out).

Congratulations to you , Cindy and Conrad.

Joe & the Thunder Beach Rally crew

9. 9 The Supreme Team Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Jeff,
    Cannot thank you and your family enough for your sacrifices in putting this together. We had a great time showing and made a lot of new friends. We thank you for including us in the Desperado family and look forward to next year being even bigger and better!
    You did a great job and I know all of us vendors appreciated the Mama and Papa Bear taking care of us cubs this past week. Congratulations Jeff, Cindy and Conrad….I believe you’ve got a winner here.

Bill

10. 10 The Supreme Team Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Also great to make your acquaintance as well Cyril.

11. 11 Wiz Aug 16th, 2011 at 4:56 am

Heh, Heh, Heh…I wuz there with a bunch of my ponies in my Freebird tent, terrorizing all the other vendors. I know I been kinda out of touch with ya all fer the last couple a months, what with the divorce [after 31 years, YEEZE], relocation to a much better facility/complex, ‘an bizzier than a two-peckered billy goat in a field full of nannies in the spring! But, I’M BACK YOU MUTHA-F*CKAS!!! Sorry I missed ya Cyril [heard from Jeffy you had quite the WOODY fer Jasmine, Yuk-Yuk!!], I didn’t spend a whole lotta time at my spot ’cause mostly I wuz jammin’ around the Hills [isn't that what it's all about?] What with the 5 scooters I brought out, I could ride a different one every day [ain't Life Grand!!] Bagger, chopper, trike, bobber, sporty, whatever fit my mood fer that day. Sayin’ my Howdie-Do’s ta Bert Baker, Eddie Trotta, Bud from Austin, Lawayne with Mystery, Pingel, Yancy at tha Stockade in Deadwood, Paul Miles [Great slide blues player] down at Cheyanne Crossing, ‘an all my brothers ‘n sisters at the “Friends of Bill W.” campground at Wayne ‘n Carolyns. Boy, The Sturgis Rally wuz quite a bummer this year…NOT!!! Thanks Jeffy fer giving me the opportunity to set up in your complex, met alotta good folks! Shout-outs go to Smudge [just the WORLD'S BEST pinstriper], Jerry at Purple Slice [just the WORLD'S BEST polish], Sammy ‘an Kieth [just the WORLD'S BEST photographers], the Bikini Bike Wash girls [just the WORLD'S BEST poon-tang!! Yuk-Yuk!!] ‘an everyone else that made Desperado Junction the GROOVY place ta be!! Hopefully see ya next year [iffin' you'll have me]. THANKS Fer the Memories!!! Wiz

12. 12 VanityPrintz Aug 22nd, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Jeff:

Thanks for inviting me into the Desperado Junction Family. I made it home safely and the recovery has begun :) We met a lot of nice people and were exposed to many selfless acts of kindness. A Great Big Mega ‘Thank You’ to my buddy Keith who flew in from sunny Florida to share in this experience with me.
    Looking forward to an ever greater experience next year! With the great vendors we had this year, and a bit of ‘Tweaking’… We can collectively put Lead on the Rally Map.

Peace Out!
    Samm

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Aug 22nd, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Many, many thanks to all our vendors and to everyone who took the time to stop by the Desperado Junction Expo and say hello. A special thanks to my friend Cyril Huze for stopping by and having dinner with the Desperado Family and friends (actually I think Cyril was there just to spend some time with Jasmine but whatever) and for spending an hour the following day doing autographs (for girls in bikini’s) the next day in a hail storm. It is always my pleasure to have the opportunity to spend some time with you my friend.

So far for 2012 we have a 100% of this year’s vendors saying they will return for Desperado Junction Expo II. OUTSTANDING! In the next several months I will be announcing the addition of three New major vendors for next year as well. Naturally you will read of these new vendors to the Desperado Junction Expo on the Cyril Huze Blog First!

Over & Out,