World Record In A Tunnel Of Fire

Two South African stuntmen, Enrico Schoeman and Andre de Kock, already own one of the most dangerous world records. Riding a motorcycle through a tunnel of fire. The current mark is 68.49 meters (about 225 feet). And tomorrow Friday September 23, 2011 at 7.30 pm local time in New Zealand, they will attempt to ride a Kawasaki-powered Australian Sidecar through a fire tunnel of 85 meters (about 279 feet or 93 yards.)The Guiness World Record rules require the entire tunnel to be burning from the time of entry to the time of exit. Because of the no visibility while riding inside the tunnel, the rider Enrico Schoeman will have to remain focused on a white line drawn down the middle of the inferno to keep the three-wheeled racing machine from smashing through the flaming walls with devastating consequences. Tunnel is a structure of steel and cardboard soaked with gas. They will have a small window of opportunity to ride through it.  Why a sidecar? I could net get a justification. So, if you know… Well, good luck guys.

9 Responses to “World Record In A Tunnel Of Fire”

1. 1 Shifter Sep 22nd, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hot…

2. 2 Kroeter Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Pretty cool (ha ha), I wonder what’s the inside diameter of the tunnel?

3. 3 Woody Sep 22nd, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Sure, easy to do on a Kawasaki. Now if someone were to do it on one of those new ball-burning Harleys WITHOUT the optional new factory heat shields installed 😉
    Seriously good luck guys! (and I have no idea why a sidecar either)

4. 4 CafeSportyTC Sep 23rd, 2011 at 9:56 am

Im with woody on the ball-burning Harleys, if anyone can ride one of those in Vegas mid summer will prove that this guy has nothing on them! 🙂

5. 5 bigalyts Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Why would anybody do something this Stupid without a Big Payday? Sad thing is that he probably will do this for Bupkess, ungatz, Gorneshed, Nada, or $0.0

6. 6 izadore007 Sep 23rd, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Well, I know that there are a 100. yds. in a football field . A pro Football player gets paid about $250,000 per game and this Dood has a rough 93 yards to ride. I would rather run for a touch back with the Pittsburgh Steelers chasing me down. This is what happens to me when bigalyts was talking about stupidity and money.

7. 7 Smittydog Sep 23rd, 2011 at 6:47 pm

why?

8. 8 Kustoms and Choppers Sep 25th, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I feel into a burning ring of fire…

9. 9 L.C. Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I’ve done a lot of nutty things on a sidecar but I believe I would draw the line here!!!!! Kind of cool that they are doing this on a sidecar though.

Crusher