First Available Custom High Bars For Harley-Davidson Blackline Model

At a MSRP of $15,499, the Blackline, the model introduced by Harley-Davidson as “the long, low, no BS Dark Custom with a minimalist throwback stance for today’s freedom seekers” is probably going to be one of the most customized of the factory lineup. No doubt that switching to high bars will be a popular choice and John Grant at Hardtail Choppers tells me that he already got a lot of requests for ape hangers for the Blackline. So, of course, he rushed to fabricate his own sets and thinks he is the first one in the US to offer such option for the new HD model.

But do you know that Harley changed the bolt pattern to 5 1/2″ center to center on the mount to the top triple tree . Also the bars are indexed into the top tree so they don’t spin . Harley Blackline bars are individual from each side . They have a 7/8″ X 14 thread that goes completely through the top tree and uses a 7/8″ nut to secure the bars  . There is a flat side near the thread area, so when it  sits down into the top tree it prevents each bar from spinning .

The pictured bars are 1 1/4″ diameter tube that you can order in any width or height . Are sold either model , ” Dukes “, or ” T Bars ” at the MSRP of  $295 + shipping, chrome or black powdercoat  (you can order raw, too) .  Can be drilled for internal wiring or left undrilled . John also offers separately the inserts for 1 1/4″ tubing with .120 wall thickness at MSRP of $60 a set.  Blackline owners should be happy because it seems that there is until now no other company in the US making these type of bars Call John of my behald at 360-750-6780 at Hardtail Choppers.

12 Responses to “First Available Custom High Bars For Harley-Davidson Blackline Model”

1. 1 TBW Sep 24th, 2011 at 9:39 am

Real nice stuff

2. 2 ray c wheeler Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:48 am

Might want to thank the men from Oakland for what they call T- bars, damn near identical?
    Simply amazing.
    What a great idea and their comfortable.

3. 3 SGT Sep 24th, 2011 at 11:28 am

I purchased the first of the “Dukes”, and I am patiently awaiting their arrival on Tues or Wed. When I approached him with my predicament, the unusual configuration of the top triple tree, he was egger to help. That same day John ran down to his local dealership to order a stock bar for a Blackline to research the problems. He sent me pictures and kept my updated through the entire process, Great Service and an Easy guy to deal with!!!
    Thanks John

4. 4 Louis Booster Sep 26th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Nice bars but he aint the first, try Burleigh Bars in Australia, they have been doing them since April and they have 4 different styles including a duke, and this mad roller check out the web site

5. 5 Kustoms and Choppers Sep 26th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

The bars aren’t bad, just not a huge fan of stock harley frames.

6. 6 Eric Maurer Sep 26th, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Todd’s Cycle is making bars and trees for the Blackline. He built a pretty sick Blackline too. Check out the site for more (www.toddscycle.com). One of the best Blacklines (not to mention Softails) around.

7. 7 jg hardtail choppers Sep 27th, 2011 at 12:35 am

Louis , you are correct . David and his Crew at Burleigh Bars in Australia also produces bars for the Blackline Models. We do business together . And he asked permission to also call one of his models Duke . It is a reverse model of what i build. There models are not anything I am producing .I did tell Cyril I believed i was the first U S builder of bars for the Blackline. I was unaware that Todds has some for this model . Heh , i am just trying to give people some alternatives to stock . I’ll build bars for any model .
    jg

8. 8 Tori Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:01 am

Really enjoy the modern design. I liked this article. Thanks.

9. 9 Jim Oct 3rd, 2011 at 9:18 am

What length of cables are required to install the dukes on the Blackline FX Softail?

10. 10 Nazi Choppers Oct 10th, 2011 at 2:08 am

Have used these bars. Love em.

11. 11 thai Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:54 pm

do the dukes follow the same line as the forks or do they curv out fords the head light? and could I order them in 15 inch or 18 inch.

12. 12 thai Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:34 am

does any one have a pic of what the bars look like on a blackline?