Denying Rumors. Las Vegas BikeFest Not Cancelled.

It’s part of my obligations to publish facts and to never post rumors. But sometimes my responsibility is to publicly deny these rumors when too big and when I know for sure that they are not true. While the Las Vegas BikeFest organization is disappointed to hear of the incident that occurred earlier this weekend in Sparks, NV (see my previous article) the event is not cancelled and will open September 29.

In contact this Sunday with those organizing the event, they confirmed to me that “Las Vegas BikeFest will not let the Street Vibrations event incident dampen the festivities and activities that will be occurring several hundred miles away in Las Vegas beginning this coming Thursday. Las Vegas BikeFest has never had an incident in its 10 years, and we work very closely with law enforcement and our own private security detail to provide a safe event for all attendees.” So, don’t change your plans and have a great time in a few days in Vegas.

9 Responses to “Denying Rumors. Las Vegas BikeFest Not Cancelled.”

1. 1 Mike Sep 25th, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I attended Street Vibrations along with 25/30k other motorcycle riders, Everybody was behaving excellent, I think it is time to brand these criminals for what they are, criminals. The issue in Laughlin was a shame that the Las Vegas Prosecutors took way too long and eventually dropped the charges and let the point of what every other citzen can expect when they are charged with a crime, to be prosecuted and sentenced to jail.

The HA were selling ‘ Legal Defense Fund ” merchandise in Sparks, R.I.C.O needs to be resurrected to confront this criminal activity, no matter which club is deserving.

I also thought it strange that none of the casinos had a ” NO Colors” policy either this weekend.

Prosecutors need to do their job!

Overall Street Vibrations was a huge success IMHO.

2. 2 Rebecca Sep 25th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Thank you Cyril for spreading the word! We are looking forward to a great, successful, fun and SAFE event for all.

Thanks again

Rebecca
    Las Vegas BikeFest

3. 3 Not attending LVBF Sep 26th, 2011 at 1:27 am

It is easy for event promoters to say everything is safe and they have everything under control. I am sure the promoters and casino staff in sparks thought it was safe too. I was at the Nugget Friday night at 11:30 standing only 15 feet from the shooting. If any of the staff of the LVBF saw what I saw maybe they would think differently? Let me tell you these events are NOT worth one person getting killed over!

SORRY NOT ATTENDING THIS YEAR!

4. 4 TRexSG Sep 26th, 2011 at 7:42 am

Dear Not attending LVBF

You are 100 times more likely to get killed riding your bike to the event than to get shot at the event, but that doesn’t stop people from riding so don’t let the criminals stop you from attending.

5. 5 JACK MCINTYRE Sep 26th, 2011 at 7:44 am

It’s terrible when ANYTHING happens that effects a life, and at the same time, we can’t let that stop our activities or the people that do these awful things have won. Terrorist, gang member, what ever, it’s all about intimidation and we can’t fold to it. I’ve been shooting the Las Vegas Bikefest for many many years and have never seen even as much as an argument there, from anyone, yet at a school in Cherry Hill NJ last week a PEGAN gang member killed a Grandmother for reason’s unknown. It all sucks when this happens, it’s not right, and the killer needs to be dealt with, but the kids still need to go to school & they will do their best to keep them safe. I will not let this or anything else stop me from showing the world how great of an event this is. Here’s some pics, hopefully they will paint a great picture. http://private.bikerpics.org/LAS-VEGAS-BIKEFEST-RALLY and I hope to see you all there. Grab my attention, let me shoot some pics of you & I’ll send them into Cyril…

6. 6 Mike Tomas Kiwi Indian MC Co Sep 26th, 2011 at 8:23 am

Las Vegas Bike Fest is a very well run event with excellent security. Its a very safe environment at the Cashman Center.

7. 7 Mick Chadwick- Custom Cruisers.com Sep 26th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Hi Europeans and guys paying thousands to come over would be a real bummer having booked hotels etc- glad to know it is not cancelled- Mike

8. 8 The Supreme Team Sep 26th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Rebecca,
    Great to hear things are still on track. Don’t let a couple people’s idiocy ruin a great event. I’ve had nothing but great times at this event and have seen the tons of Metro strolling the grounds, so I’m sure it will be even more tight.
    That being said, don’t fly your colors and you probably won’t have any grief from the LVPD, nor anybody in the show.
    We will be out there doing installs (10% off, plus free installs…yes, this is a shameless plug) , enjoying the weather, and meeting the great folks that always seem to attend the event.

See you there.

Bill

9. 9 David Sep 26th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

When you go be sure and look at the housing market ….I hear there are some great foreclosures to be had. And most are empty on empty blocks…so why not just stay for Free ! By the way your are the Taxpayers that own all these houses the govt backed the loans on.

SSDD; David