Motorcycle Exhaust Wrap Kits

Exhaust wrap was born from the need by racers to provide added horsepower while keeping their exhaust systems cooler. Then its use went to custom and stock bikes to give them this racing, old school feel, resolving at the same time a cosmetic issue that many have, hiding the pipes yellowing and blueing. It is recommended, but not necessary, to add a silicone coating for great sealing properties against oil, gas, dirt, harsh abrasives and road grime.

A company called DEI providing a kit including the wrap (black, tan, titanium) withstanding 1200ºF direct / 2000ºF radiant (black & tan), 1800ºF direct / 2000ºF radiant (titanium), plus a 12 oz can of high temperature coating spray (black, aluminum or white) withstand temperatures up to 1500ºF,  and stainless steel locking ties (8” or 14” long.) Order through your Custom Chrome Dealer.

8 Responses to “Motorcycle Exhaust Wrap Kits”

1. 1 Rollin Sep 28th, 2011 at 1:10 pm

DEI wrap is good stuff, I’ve used it on my bike and very happy with the look, function and durability.

2. 2 Gas Man Sep 28th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

That’s great article. I want to wrap my exhaust this winter and I need to purchase some anyway.

3. 3 Rogue Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:34 am

Does anyone recoganize who makes that exhaust system?

4. 4 Cyril Huze Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Rogue. Custom modified from existing pipes.

5. 5 Watson Sep 29th, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I wrapped my pipes and they cracked a few thousand miles later. And I have heard this is a fairly common result.

6. 6 narby Oct 1st, 2011 at 8:11 pm

First I’ve heard about wrap causing pipes to crack but who knows, ..anyway I like the looks of tan color wrap on pipes but wonder how hard it is to keep the wrap looking clean??? Anyone know?

7. 7 bigalyts Oct 2nd, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Yeah I know, narby. I have the beige wrapped on my Header Pipes down to the beginning of the Muffler , and I had it done professionally, but the Schmucks did not spray the Coating. I hear that makes all the difference in the World. If I had to do it all over, I would not have done it because the wrap gets dirty in sections. It does not turn dark evenly. I finally took a very heavy Marine Degreasser and brushed it to clean it up. It made a difference, but the cloth started to fray. I am going to redoe the wrap in the darker color and you can bet that I will have the Wrap Coated with the Coating. I like to run over the Ft. Lauderdale Bike Shop that does “Custom” work. They turned their reputation into Crap in the last few years. What a shame!

8. 8 tjk Oct 6th, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Pipe looks like a Bassani Roadrage 2:1 – I have one on my bagger, slightly different header, but same collector.