Daytona Biketoberfest. Rat’s Hole Ride-In Bike Show.

The 19th annual edition of the Biketoberfest Rat’s Hole Bike Show is set for Saturday October 15, 2011 at the Daytona Lagoon 601 Earl St Daytona Beach, FL. What’s new this year? Not surprisingly, the return of a “Cafe Racer” Class that the show included in the 70’s. The top 3 winners in this class will be invited in March during the 40th Annual Rat’s hole Bike Show of Daytona Bike Week for a “Cafe Racer Showdown”. The other 20 classes with other 100 trophies are listed on the Rat’s Hole Website. Registration is open online or Saturday October 15 from 8 to 9am on Ora Street where the custom bikes will be lined up for entrance  and must be fired at the gate to be able to compete.

16 Responses to “Daytona Biketoberfest. Rat’s Hole Ride-In Bike Show.”

1. 1 Donnie Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:53 am

The Rat’s Hole is the McDonalds of bike shows.

2. 2 J. Preston Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:55 am

If you go there you may have an encounter with Cyril checking bikes out and shaking hands.

3. 3 Shifter Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:56 am

The show goes on…

4. 4 flathead41 Oct 13th, 2011 at 7:17 am

McDonalds of bike show fit them to the te. sure a few nice bikes may show up (once) but it ‘s ran by people who should be outside the fence.

5. 5 Toby Oct 13th, 2011 at 11:15 am

I think once they started getting the big money (admissions) then the “brand” got diluted. I remember when it was free, and then a buck or two to cover their expenses. Now its an enterprise. There is a “Rats Hole” show at nearly every big biker event now. Merchandising.

6. 6 tony massaro Oct 13th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Toby, big money to you must be anything above $3.00. The last time I attented the show was in March of this year, it was $5.00. You can spend that on parking a bike, or buying a beer. As far as an enterprise, the last time I checked Rats Hole did on 5 shows this year. 2 in Daytona, 1 in Johnstown, Pa., Leesburg, Fl., and Sturgis, SD. Wow what an enterprise. You must not go out, due to the price of gas. Get a life and spend a few bucks. You may enjoy it

Flathead 41, is the 41 your age or your IQ

7. 7 panhead50 Oct 14th, 2011 at 5:20 am

Still the coolest gig to find 2wheel art…….if ya dont like it, stay off the oil

8. 8 jack deagazio Oct 14th, 2011 at 6:33 am

flathead41, You stay inside the fence and keep chasing those sheep around!

9. 9 tony massaro Oct 14th, 2011 at 1:23 pm

flathead41, talk about personal attacks, its alright for you to attack but when you are challaned its a different story. You are a very nasty person to bring my mother into the picture. I wont stup to your level. Its just shows the world who reads this blod who you really are and what you really are. NOW THE WORLD KNOWS WHAT YOU IQ REALLY IS. 00000000000000000000000

10. 10 tony massaro Oct 14th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

sorry to Cyril Huse readers, I mispelled one word. Challaned, should be challenged. And should be your IQ .

11. 11 MDSPHOTO Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:13 am

Actually Tony you misspelled a few words. “Stup” is actually spelled stoop and I think you meant blog and not “blod”. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

12. 12 tony massaro Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Thanks MDSPHOTO, appreciate the corrections.

13. 13 Alan Lee Oct 17th, 2011 at 10:53 am

I never step up and post on Cyril’s blog, but in this case I just would like to, The Rat’s Hole show is definitely the grand father of all the bike show (worldwide) and the oldest of that level , only for that it should earn our respect , Teddy Smith try to keep it alive and also sell merchandise which is completely normal, it use to be free…..correct , when the show was on a parking lot, now, they rent a venue !!, plus all the advertise for bring people to the event, concerning “the Mac Donald’s” title , the people who think that should show a LITTLE more respect for the thousand of builders , building their bike for thousand of hours to earn some recognition, never forget people, The Rat’s Hole Show use to be the ONLY worldwide recognize bike show and I was proud to be able to enter several bike on it, Cyril did too on his time!!
    just recognize the talent and effort of all those people (builders doesn’t earn any money prizes and judge are not paid)

and BTW, never mess with Tony Massaro, I did see him in action….on stage , you don’t want to disrespect him 🙂

14. 14 Walt Oct 17th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Attended the 2011 Biketoberfest Show. $5 and leave/return as often as you want. Not a bad deal at all. Beautiful bikes, and hats off to the gentleman who won first place in his category and felt another young person deserved it more and felt their bike was better, so he traded his first place for her 2nd place. A classy move, Sir! I wish I knew your name to plug it, but I know the fans appreciated your act of kindness!

I certainly will seek out future Rats Hole contests (this was my first), and recommend it to all who love fine craftsmanship and paint! The cafe racers are also back, and some fine restorations were present.

And Miss Rats Hole winner, a Mother of 5 boys, and still a hottie! Hot diggidy dog, it was a fun show!

15. 15 Kalli Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:33 pm

The awesome guy to give up his first place trophy for another bike builder who he thought had a better bike is Ken Adams out of Ocala. Ken is a one of my best friends and I was as shocked as the rest of the fans
    when he traded his first place rat for second place. Especially since earlier that day he had told me that
    he’s being trying to when 1st place in a rat’s hole show for twenty years. And by the way ladies he is single.

16. 16 Don Sloper Jan 14th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Just want to give a shout out to Tony Massaro. I’ve known Tony for a long time,he’s a stand up guy and agood business man. I had the plesure of helping design and build his bike Firewind. I often wonder if he still has it.

Crusher