Every Biker In the United States Should Have One…

MyInfo911, a Palm Coast, Florida company, launched its first product, an Emergency ID Card in May of this year, to provide First Responders the much needed medical information of a victim involved in an accident. For $9.95 MyInfo911 provides a sticker package which has been designed to be used on a motorcycle helmet, inside a saddlebag, etc. This sticker has a photo of the account holder and a QR Code which is accessed by a smartphone, that provides the First Responders instant access to the victims allergies, blood type, medications and Emergency Contact person. Your information is kept private and is 100% secure and you are able to change your information at any time via the MyInfo911 Website.

15 Responses to “Every Biker In the United States Should Have One…”

1. 1 zyon Oct 21st, 2011 at 10:21 am

So a first responder is going to find a key, open a saddle bag and look for this sticker?
    They are going to remove your helmet and search for a sticker you hid inside, when they likely know nothing about the sticker’s existence.

They are going to go back to their ‘bambulance, get their Android or Apple enabled PDA (if they have one) and scan your card while they try to keep your brains inside your busted open skull….

Although the idea behind the sticker is a novel idea, this company is going to make money off of people and the end-result is still going to be a biker laying on a table and a hospital searching for their medical records.

If you have medical issues, the appropriate medical alert bracelet is still the best way to go. Save your money and spending it on defensive driving classes.

2. 2 Jenny T Oct 21st, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’m going to have to agree with Zyon on this one. Not everyone has a smart phone, and when you’re faced with trying to keep someone from dying the last thing you’re really thinking about is finding a QR code to scan with your Iphone.

Good concept, just not there yet.

3. 3 Toby Oct 21st, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Agreed. If you have serious medical issues wear a bracelet. It varies by state, but many have the alert right on your license next to the donor notice.

4. 4 Kevin Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Ditto above.

I’ve been using one for years. On the front is a photo of my wife so they know who the real person
    is I want notified and recognize her when she arrives. On the back of the card is her phone, email and
    meds if any I happened to be on at the time. (I have brain lesions from a previous accident)
    Lastly my card says this in bold red type.

“If you happen to be reading this wish me well. I’ll surely need it” This saying I hope brings a smile to
    their face and an ambition to do their best for me. The card is free as I make it myself and laminate it too.
    It is in my wallet right behind my drivers license which they will remove to make ID.

Save your money on this one fellow riders.

A funny note on this. My wife, a doctor, was on rounds in the ER at L.A. County back in the day. A
    motorcycle rider came in with serious injuries unconscious on the table. They cut open his shirt/jacket and he had tattoo’s. A swastika and KKK where the tattoo’s. Standing over him where a Jewish and Black doctor. Be careful what you put on your body forever.

Kevin

5. 5 Walt Lumpkin Oct 21st, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Good points made by all. The idea itself is good but without a common location for the app/sticker it will not work. The most logical place would be the driver’s license. I teamed with a techie about a dozen or so years ago to get this done in Georgia but our lobbying efforts with the techno-challenged legislators was like talking to a blond stripper about quantum physics. All we got were nods, smiles and deer in the headlight looks. By the way this was pre iPhone/Droid and worked with data strips and card readers like a credit card using incar computers. Simple but effective.

6. 6 nicker Oct 22nd, 2011 at 12:45 am

“….The Department of Health and Human Services and two other federal agencies are involved in a plan to adopt common clinical terminology to facilitate the use of electronic medical records….”

“…Last month the federal government announced two health information initiatives designed to build a unified electronic medical records system in the United States…”

Sorry, too much aggregation of information about me is not my idea of a free society.
    Every thing for the sake of an “emergency”…. now where have we heard this before…… ???

-nicker-

7. 7 Boss Hawg Oct 22nd, 2011 at 7:10 am

Standardize the system…

Get someone to develop a microchip (like for the pets) system (it’s the size of a grain of rice…lord knows what some of ya do to your bodies that is far worse), register yourself and be done with it.

Boss Hawg

8. 8 A 1 CYCLES Oct 22nd, 2011 at 8:19 am

MY DOG TAG IS TATOOED ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY RIBS…..IT SHOULD BE THE LARGEST PIECE LEFT OF ME WHENI BITE IT…IT HAS MY SOCIAL AND BLOOD TYPE. THATS ENOUGH INFO TO GET DONE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

9. 9 Iron Horse Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:08 am

Gotta agree with NIcker on this one…the goverment doesn’t need to know anymore about me than they already do. Boss Hawg, ain’t no one sticking a microchip tracking device in me. That sounds way to much like Nazi Germany imho. Carrying a self written, laminated card about who to contact with your license or wearing a Medical Alert/dog tag tag makes a lot of sense, but nothing to fuel a government data base.

10. 10 Kroeter Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:22 am

The consensus is “no go”. It’s been nice knowing ya, Harriet Harris.

11. 11 Kaitlin C Oct 24th, 2011 at 8:56 am

Why is everyone so narrow minded? Of course this sticker isn’t going to prevent an accident. The ability for an EMT to have my allergies and medications right at the scene of an accident is very appealing to me and I see how it could help save your life. Have you guys even been to the website? It is not a government program. Why in the world would anyone put it on the inside of the helmet or saddlebag? Not to mention that there is also a card that goes in your wallet, which an EMT would go in your wallet to find out your identity anyway. 90% of EMT/Police Officer/Fire Man, carry a smartphone on their person.

For $10 bucks a year, I’m in.

12. 12 Jerry S Oct 24th, 2011 at 10:43 am

As A paramedic we are trained NOT to remove the helmet unless the airway is compromised..as putting it in the saddle bags the driver and the bike are probably not very close together..not all first responders carry a smart phone I dont…Best place is the wallet..that is where I have my medical info..and most cell phones have ICE ( In Case of Emergency ) where you can also put your medical info..

13. 13 Ledago Oct 24th, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Women don’t typically have wallets in their pocket to follow them through the EMT and ER process. The riding EMT’s around here wear and recommend Road I.D. which solves the issue for the ladies. It takes the Medical Alert a giant leap forward. We learned about it after a paramedic member was life slighted after cutting off all his clothes at the scene.

14. 14 Jackie V. Oct 24th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

This is how I see it! I am a mother of three boys that are in sports so I’m always bouncing around with them. I just bought this card for my family and I love it!!!! My kids don’t carry a wallet so I use the sticker for back packs, diaper bag, car seats and bikes! Jerry, since you are a paramedic wouldn’t you look in a persons wallet to figure out who they are? Would you like to know any of the persons medical info at the same time? I know that if anything happened to my kids they have this info on them and would get assistance much faster than trying to figure everything out! Even if you don’t have a smart phone I’m sure you have a computer in your EMT vehicle for all this.

Side note- The government issue is silly! This card has everything the government already has anyways! It’s just easier to get to the information that could save your life! It doesn’t have your social security number or date of birth so no one can steal your information, unless you have it TATTOOED on FREAKIN body!
    Just sayin….

15. 15 CruzN Dec 1st, 2011 at 8:41 am

I think the concept is good.
    I would think a small sticker on the helmet stating ” look in wallet for information ”
    and have the information put on a business size card rather then a sticker.

I personally carry a business card in my wallet and also one in my jacket pocket.

The very top of the card say ” E M E R G E N C Y I N F O R M A T I O N ”
    The front of the card has contact information for next of kin
    ( at least three persons to contact and their relationships )
    On the back of the card is current medications and very brief medication history.

The cards are laminated and is the first thing you see when you open the wallet.

I hope someone finds this information helpful

Personally, you don’t need a service to do this, but in today world they want us to store everything in the iCloud

Crusher