New Harley-Davidson Military Inspired Collection

Harley-Davidson MotorClothes is launching 30 items invoking a classic image of military gear. Among them, the following.

Military Inspired Leather Bomber Jacket. Made in the USA of imported materials and limited to just 500 units, this Leather Bomber Jacket (P/N 97109-12VM, starting at $900) is an authentic replica of the distinct, durable jackets worn by the original aviators. It’s made from supple mid-weight leather and matched by a 50/50 nylon/acetate lining with custom embroidery. Rib-knit cuffs and waist complement the snap-down removable shearling collar and the two snap patch pockets with side entries. H-D patches decorate the chest and sleeves, while a custom interior patch states “Limited Edition: 1 of 500.” Available in S – 3XL sizes.
Cotton Canvas Functional Jacket (P/N 97270-12VM, starting at $250) matches technical riding features with authentic military style. Its 100 percent cotton canvas construction is complemented by a polyester/spandex lining. Vents at the pre-curved sleeves and back are matched with body armor pockets, adjustable snap sleeves and waist tabs, plus five spacious pockets. Snap epaulettes on the shoulders, rivet accents around the pockets and a combination of patches and embroidered graphics. Available in S – 3XL sizes.
Canvas-Covered Half Helmet. Wrapped in Harley-Davidson-embroidered canvas, the new men’s Canvas-Covered Half Helmet ($150) features a lightweight fiberglass shell with a removable inner liner and visor and weighs just 1-lb. 15-oz. Available in XS – 2XL sizes.

All available now at most Harley-Davidson dealerships or visit Harley-Davidson MotorClothes. To find a dealer near you, call 1.800.LUV.2RIDE in the U.S. or Canada

16 Responses to “New Harley-Davidson Military Inspired Collection”

1. 1 Mark Ashton Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:01 am

Great marketing approach. Will sell.

2. 2 Danny902 Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:37 am

Whatever the haters say, Harley is very smart at “exploiting” all themes that can be translated in $$$

3. 3 Rob Campbell Nov 6th, 2011 at 10:21 am

Both cool designs. I kinda dig the canvas jacket and helmet, though the logo on the back of the jacket is a lot like the United Farm Workers logo, which has been at times co-opted (is that the right word?) by the Nortenos. But this one has a tail, a star, cool hardware. I’m not up enough on Harley logos to know if they’ve been using that one for decades already or not, so could easily be full of noise on this one.

4. 4 skulltrain Nov 6th, 2011 at 11:58 am

You have to be completly out of your tree if you even consider $900 for a jacket and anyone who pays that is the ultimate …. “RUB” …. “poseur” ….. What next? Platinum embossed fingerless gloves

5. 5 Fredp Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Made in the USA from IMPORTED MATERIALS. You would think if it cost an extra 80 bucks to use made in USA material, I’d buy it, and H-D would show more respect for our military. Geez, who the heck is the marketing service for Harley?
    I’d like to know the country of origin on the “material” I’d feel better knowing if I buy one, it’s at least not a current or former I hate America country.

6. 6 andrew peters Nov 6th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

the Military must be so proud ….don’t wave a flag yet……… “imported materials” …..made in….?

7. 7 rob Nov 6th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Harley actually makes a few decent leather jackets. Why do they ruin them with all the logos/crap? I’m not a billboard……………BTW,if you want tsomething moe along these lines http://www.lostworldsinc.com

8. 8 Nobody Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I like the canvas one, but for the price I can pop over to GI Surplus of Wayne and buy three M65 field jackets, an ECW bear jacket liner and a handful of wool socks for this late season riding up here…

9. 9 izadore007 Nov 7th, 2011 at 8:49 am

STARTING at $900, WTF? Where does it end? Shelling out $900 + and to have the Chinese Cows or Malaysian ones can’t be that much Cheaper?%$# How many Cows do you need to make that little Coat? HD can usually find a way to have their Stock Holders feel Loved!!!!!!!!1

10. 10 Matt Nov 7th, 2011 at 9:25 am

I dig the canvas jacket but not enough to pay the Harley tax. Take the HD ads off of it and charge a reasonable price (enough to compensate the actual vendor that designed and produced it) and I would buy one today!

11. 11 Jim C Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:21 am

I have a $425 “Alternator” medium weight H-D jacket made in CHINA – glad I got it second hand, or else I’d be questioning my sanity. I still want a V-rod next to my Buell, but some days all I can do is roll my eyes when I think about ‘the motor company’

12. 12 jsdiamond Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:09 pm

My advice: Enlist and serve honorably, and you can wear one without being a douche.

13. 13 G-Four Nov 7th, 2011 at 6:47 pm

jsdiamond
    Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:09 pm
    Enough said.

14. 14 Woody Nov 7th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

From the Janet Jackson collection?

15. 15 Kirk Perry Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Returning from Hawaii last night, we noticed a light-smattering of travelers throughout the airport, that wore scarves “double-wrapped” around their necks. Most seen, were light-weight lambswool in small-print variations of tiny “checkerboard patterns”, worn by everyone (Caucasian & Muslim) in Afghanistan – Mazar, Chitral, or Swat areas.
    “Utility” scarves, because can be loosened at will to “vent” heat.

The head, neck, and mid section – all having the potential to lose body-heat rapidly.

Merino wool (49%), can be blended with acrylic (51%), and it won’t shrink when thrown in the washing machine (a Patagonia® blend). The light-weft weave can be wrapped around the neck without bulk. A 4″ wide x 4′ long will wrap twice and still knot in front.

Using the early, much sought after, but never obtainable ….. “Oak Leaf” emblem designed by Ms. Jane Davidson.
    The “oak leaf emblem” will reduce to paramecium/amoeba pattern. Then, along with a tiny checkerboard border …. a Checkered Demon on two-wheels. 🙂

16. 16 jake Jan 17th, 2012 at 2:56 am

I’ve been looking everywhere trying to order this jacket online. I’m deployed so can’t actually go to the stores and get it. anyone know where you can actually buy these things

Crusher